Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Snakes - Thailand
Topic Started: Aug 2 2011, 03:32 PM (125 Views)
bettawan
Member Avatar
Baby Angelfish
Hi,

Just thought you might like to see a couple of pics of snakes that i have had close encounters with.

1. This is locally known a singa. Locals reckon a bite off these is quite serious. They are always around here, after the water rats and mice, frogs etc. Unfortuantly, when you see these you have to kill them as we have small children around here playing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

2. This snake i am not sure what it is, I thought some type of cobra. But i was at the local shop top of the drive having a chat with a couple of swiss friends and i heard my dogs barking, came to the gate and could not see anything, but they just kept barking, unknown to me there was this thing on a window sill behind me, and i only knew when I heard it fall and I see it go behind a load of rubbish.

Called to a Thai family member and he came over, told me to be careful, CAREFUL...I didn't want to be there, anyway it had went into a clay water pipe, he grabbed it tossed it in the air and when it broke... all hell broke loose, the thing reared right up, we both backed off, it made a swoop for my friend, and he managed to whack it with his stick then whacked it again then walked off...lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have since found out that this snake is a copperhead ratsnake which are not poisionious at all.
http://www.ratsnakes.com/Eradiata.html

Regards
Jeff & Wan
Bettawan Dried Indian Almond Leaves
My Webpage
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code