|Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:
• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests
Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?
Join Aquaventures Today!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
|Greetings From Thailand|
|Topic Started: Aug 2 2011, 03:16 PM (42 Views)|
|bettawan||Aug 2 2011, 03:16 PM Post #1|
Sawatdee Khrap....( Hello )
I'm Jeff, from the Uk originally, I have been in Thailand for the last 6 years. We are lucky, we have 2 large lakes either side of our home we rent and both are filled with Wild/Thai freshwater species including Giant Gourami's, Koi, Roach, Rudd, Several Species of Catfish, Golden Price Carp, 3 kilo + Paca, a couple of 3ft Aligator Gar and also many other species but I'm not sure what they are.
1. This lake belongs to my wifes family who we rent our home from. This pic is taken from the top end from the garden.
2. Same lake but pic taken from bottom end.
3. This is the village lake with our home to the right. This lake provides our village with all our water needs except for drinking water. This pic was taken in August 2 years ago before the rains came. Both lakes usually break their banks at the end of the rainy season, usually end of October/November. But saying that only beginning of last month when the rains started we where hit by flash floods at 4am in the morning, while we where sleeping. We where awoken to a big splash noise, which was our wardrobe..I jumped out of bed and was stood in 1ft of water...everyroom was flooded and we had fish swimming everywhere...3 ilb Golden Price Carp where jumping out of the water in the rooms as they mated and once the water subsided and we started the job of cleaning up we discovered millions and millions of eggs...but they where destroyed due
Right me off to see what the rest of you are up to on the forum...
Laeo phop kan na.....( See You Later )
Bettawan Dried Indian Almond Leaves|
|1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)|
|« Previous Topic · Welcome Wagon · Next Topic »|