Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Rams?Discus?Peaceful?NO.
Topic Started: Sep 30 2009, 08:10 PM (509 Views)
Eoibio
Member Avatar
^^selling all his predators ^^
Sooo. Most people think of rams as SMALL, PEACEFUL and COMMUNITY FRIENDLY. These are 3 words..apart from small, that I wouldnt use to describe a ram. My female ram is an absolute *insert insulting name of choice HERE*.

Seriously.

My sajica is half dead because of her.

My male ram IS dead because of her.

Argh. And people also call discus peaceful, graceful, hard to keep and they make it look like they should only be kept with other discus.

Discus are also agressive. VERY agressive. And other fish dont bother them ATALL they just get on with it like any other fish, need maintenence the same way any other fish does and they arent that special in terms of tank mates and maintenence.

The reason im posting this is #1 To warn people not the keep rams with other cichlids...In most cases and #2 Because I was going to get 2 or 3 new rams to spread out the agression..but im not going to, becuase in honest fact I dont like the ram that much...Selling it would be a better idea...I might actually give it to my friend.. :) Rant over.. :hi:
75g (mainly) Discus Tank
Spoiler: click to toggle

Filteration: Eheim ecco pro and a Eheim proffesional thermo II
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
I think you're half right. Rams and discus are aggressive fish. They're cichlids. But once your sajica grows, he would readily eat a ram.
P0RN!!!

Eoibio
Member Avatar
Hahahhahahah True..lol

Its just that most websites state them both as peaceful and thats not too good.. :'(
75g (mainly) Discus Tank

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
Truesay, mine did kill a cory...
P0RN!!!

Eoibio
Member Avatar
Ouch..rip cory.
Edited by Eoibio, Oct 5 2009, 07:16 PM.
75g (mainly) Discus Tank

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Cichlids · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code