Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Mangrove tank for mudskippers?
Topic Started: Sep 13 2009, 11:33 PM (310 Views)
Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
I've got my eyes on mud-skippers, and my 55 gallon will be empty this Christmas when I upgrade to a 75 so my pleco won't be cramped. I understand basic brackish principles but I need some help with the skippers in particular.

1: How should I get the tank to have half full with sand on one side and water on the other? I'm considering use of a divider, but I'm not sure if it will work long term.

2: Plastic or live plants, if live what kinds in the water and what kinds on land?

3: I would like an Atlantic mud-skipper, could they be kept with other atlantics or livebearers?

I found a really good example, wondering if I could do something like this with branches for the skipper to climb on.
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254129
P0RN!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
That is a great tank to base your tank off of... For mudskippers, you will need a relatively thick mud so they can dig a hole and have access to open water. I've seen people keep green spotted puffers with them without too much problem but you would need to provide enough food for both to easily get as to prevent conflict between the two. I would go with fake plants because you already have to worry about salinity, plants would make it more difficult (I can keep corals no problem but I can't keep plants for the life of me... go figure). I don't know a great amount on mudskippers but my recommendation would be to just research them a bit. Good luck with the tank!
My reef is my expression... its a mixed bag of a bit of everthing with no clear theme all including mood swings, many odd quirks, nooks, crannies, and the best part: growth

Questions about saltwater? Wanna set up an amazing reef display and want to do it right? Just ask!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Brackish · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code