Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Where were you...?
Topic Started: Sep 11 2009, 05:24 PM (770 Views)
Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
today is the 8th anniversary of the September 11th attacks. Where were you when it happened?

i was in 1st grade. i heard fire engines roaring past the window all morning. then kids started being pulled out of school at a ridiculous pace. then i came. my mom was there with my 3 year old sister. my mom pulled me away from the crowd and explained the situation. i went home and saw the news on. i remember seeing a NYC police car with a hole punched through the trunk by falling rubble. my mom explained that she and my sister had gone to buy breakfast when someone rushed up to them and said "2 planes just crashed into the world trade centers" and ran away. they went to the breakfast place and listened to it unfold on the radio.

my dad told me that his brother, who worked across the street from the towers, was on the phone with his mom a while after the first tower was hit. my grandma heard "Oh my God"...and the line went dead. my dad and grandma regained contact with him later in the day, after several panicked hours. my dad said he heard police officers in his office (hes an attourney) screaming over the radio to police on the scene.

so, where were you guys?
-Tig
~~~~~~~~~~~:>--<
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
I don't fully remember it. it was just a normal day for me, in school. I didn't even know about it until the year after when I actually WATCHED the news.
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
a lot of my friends were told that it was an accident.
one of my moms friends was a teacher in a school near the WTC. she could see them from her window. on september 10th, 2001, a student walked into her room during a free period and said "see those buildings? they wont be here tomorrow." the student was never heard from again.

its easy to throw around assumptions. i have no idea if there was a connection. everybody has their own story.
Edited by Tigerpuffer, Sep 11 2009, 05:39 PM.
-Tig

Eoibio
Member Avatar
^^selling all his predators ^^
Bottomfeeder
Sep 11 2009, 05:38 PM
a lot of my friends were told that it was an accident.
one of my moms friends was a teacher in a school near the WTC. she could see them from her window. on september 10th, 2001, a student walked into her room during a free period and said "see those buildings? they wont be here tomorrow." the student was never heard from again.

its easy to throw around assumptions. i have no idea if there was a connection. everybody has their own story.
WOw...creepy..About that student..

I was in nursery..Most likely watching the goldfishes...lol
75g (mainly) Discus Tank

Filteration: Eheim ecco pro and a Eheim proffesional thermo II

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
wow, you were 4 at the time. i just realized that.
-Tig

Eoibio
Member Avatar
^^selling all his predators ^^
lol yeah..I do remember watching it on the news tho..And my aunt has these HUGE 2 books with pics of the time..And one of the pics..Always stays in my mind..A leg..Lying on the road...weird..creepy...yuck..
75g (mainly) Discus Tank

Filteration: Eheim ecco pro and a Eheim proffesional thermo II

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
yep. i was too young to remember much about it, but i have seen newscasts of it on youtube. the moment that the 2nd plane hit was pure terror. by noon, 2 more planes had crashed: one in the pentagon, one in pennsylvania.
-Tig

No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
It was an ultimate suicide bomber. :P

I heard on the radio yesterday someone was saying Busch had the buildings rigged with BOMBS. that dude is crazy.

and the kid thing...... an angel? sorry to throw beliefs out there, but that's just too coincidental.
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Posted Image

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
conspiracy theories... meh... i find those ridiculous and a little bit insulting.
-Tig

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in New York going to see a playoff game. It was about 7 am in the morining and I saw like 10 fire trucks go flying by me and my dads car. We didn't know what went wrong. My parents rushed back to the hotel 5 miles away and we watched the news and we were in saftey..
It was a sad day.
My friend lost his New York Uncle he was a firefighter that day :(
Then we decided to move here in MA!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code