Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Betta in a 4 gal?
Topic Started: Sep 10 2009, 09:23 PM (1,368 Views)
No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
I just got back from the LFS................ with a betta! It's kinda a marble and a butterfly..... but really cool. I also got a Banana plant with it, and some bloodworms to feed him. I plan on getting some betta flakes to feed him as a treat, and right now he's (it's a male, yes) aclaimating to the temp. I'll take some pics tomorrow, but I have no idea when they'll be up, I need my dad to put them on the computer but he's a little....... hard to convince to do something.
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
I reccommend betta bits as a good staple with bloodworms. My betta can't get enough of those things.
P0RN!!!

Breadcrumb
Goldfish
Dont feed to many bloodworms as Bettas are prone to dropsy. I use NLS pellets and my guy only get 3 every other day.

No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
the guy at the LFS said use the bloodworms as the main food and then occaisionally feed him flakes/pellets. I'm thinking the betta bits right now...... would ppetsmart stock them?
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Posted Image

No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
he likes to blow bubbles... when we first put him in the tank he looked around like "whoa........ there's a lot of room in here....." and he spent the eniter night going in circles probably thinking he's going in a straight line lol
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Posted Image

No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
aftar a little less then a week, he's very happy. Though, the other day, he frilled his beard at me and my sis randomly...... I was thinking about doing a water change..... maybe he's a mind reader... O_o

I haven't gotten any pics yet, I've been pretty busy practicing for the praise band and school. I'm gonna try to get some over the weekend, along with my cichlids.
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Posted Image

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
Sorry about lack of help Nawth. PetSmart probably stocks beta bits somewhere in the beta or food sections. Bubbles is a sign of thriving, flaring is a sign that he thinks you're another beta fish.
P0RN!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Aquatic Talk · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code