Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Betta in a 4 gal?
Topic Started: Sep 10 2009, 09:23 PM (1,377 Views)
Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
That's why I said use the heater for smaller tanks, they come in handy for winter :)
P0RN!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
I just don't want to drop the water level down.
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
You shouldn't have to, just avoid setting the temp too high or the heater may get stressed and get a variety of diseases from ich to cable rot. Actually, overworking the heater will probably just increase how long it takes to heat up the tank, so avoid making water changes colder than they have to be.
P0RN!!!

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
Ben get Mosquitofish, they are awesome. If i remember, thats one thing me and Will agree on :ROFL:
-Tig
~~~~~~~~~~~:>--<

No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
well, it's a Baby Biorb (like this, minus the plants: http://www.biorbfishtanks.com/ProductImages/4gbiorb-black-small.jpg (I'm spotting four WCMs lol)), so for the heater to be straight and work properly (you need a special heater for it) it needs to be lower without being fully emersed.
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Posted Image

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
Ah, I see....
Is it designed to have a lower and higher water level?
P0RN!!!

No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
Well, the level has to be above the bubbler tube (the round thing in the middle) for oxygen to flow through the water. I normally try to keep it where the pic is.
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Posted Image

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
Hmmm.... I would recommend either:
A: lower the water level
B: Get mosquitofish instead
C: Possibly one of my best recommendations Nawth, get a dwarf puffer. Loads of personality, will eat pellets, and will learn to recognize you and beg.

Unfortunately, unless you can keep the temp above 75 degrees, dropping below for a week per month max, you're going to have problems.
P0RN!!!

No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
Well think about it, people keep Bettas in non-filtered glass fishbowls, it'd probably survive in a filtered 4 gallon.

and I don't think I could switch to a dwarf puffer, I don't think that tanks adapted to be saltwater.
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Posted Image

Eoibio
Member Avatar
^^selling all his predators ^^
Urmm..Indian pea puffer/ dwarf puffers are 1000000% FW No exceptions :) They are actually quite sensitive to salt..apapprently :D They only grow to an inch :) Look amazing...Eat pellets and have A TON of personality :D
75g (mainly) Discus Tank

Filteration: Eheim ecco pro and a Eheim proffesional thermo II

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Aquatic Talk · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code