Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Missing my Betta; Thinking of getting another one
Topic Started: Sep 8 2009, 03:06 PM (513 Views)
Breadcrumb
Goldfish
I was getting some food and saw the big glass vase on top of my fridge that my betta lived in for 4 yrs. Got me thinking that perhaps I will get myself another betta. I would like one that is different and unique, might even import a few from Asia, who knows.....

Anyone on here breed Bettas?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Eoibio
Member Avatar
^^selling all his predators ^^
dont breed em..dont keep em..but I do like them :)

Some of the new strains really are unique...I love green ones..lol
75g (mainly) Discus Tank
Spoiler: click to toggle

Filteration: Eheim ecco pro and a Eheim proffesional thermo II

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never kept bettas.... not my cup of tea.
If you like em you can get one...

No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
I do want a betta, if I got another 50 gal, I'd probably breed 'em, but I'm far from another tank. :/ sorry.
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image

Iloutfitter
Apple Snail
Ive had a few of them both males and females , smallest glass box I used for them was a 10g per male however I did have 4 females and 4 males in a 52 with only one female killing the other 3, the males did fine suprisingly

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
I have to say, with the fishes happiness in mind, get at least a filtered 2.5 gallon. I keep my betta with a snail in a 10 gallon. As far as breeding, you only really need two 5 gallon tanks. When the male and female are both ready, move one into the others tank, preferably the male.
P0RN!!!

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
As far as unique varieties, I would recommend any of the following:
Plakats (my fave)
Crowntails
Veiltails
Halfmoons
P0RN!!!

Breadcrumb
Goldfish
Oh, I have bred veiltails before. Bred them in 2G tanks, its actually very simple to do.
I was just wondering if anyone else had any bettas. I have been looking on Aquabid and am thinking of getting a Platnium white male and female.

Might be doing a DIY betta tank. Thinking about an 8 or 12G, 36" long 10" high, by 8" wide, divided into 4 compartments. Gonna have to do some thinking :)

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
Males or females? Female groups can be done with relative ease without dividers, males must have opaque dividers so the males cannot see each other. Another factor is that when one betta gets sick, they all get sick. Following my undying logic, use a 12 gallon.
P0RN!!!

Breadcrumb
Goldfish
So this is what I kinda came up with, nothing special but its a beginning :)

Posted Image

Thinking of going all acrylic. Hmmm never had acrylic before

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Aquatic Talk · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code