Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
beginner do's and donts
Topic Started: Jul 27 2009, 07:02 PM (784 Views)
Iloutfitter
Apple Snail
Ive cycled tanks with neons and angels before infact my cycling angels are soon to be proud parents.

I however take about a month to set up the tank and usually 48 hours AFTEr water is added do I add any fish.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Iloutfitter
Sep 3 2009, 09:41 PM
Ive cycled tanks with neons and angels before infact my cycling angels are soon to be proud parents.

I however take about a month to set up the tank and usually 48 hours AFTEr water is added do I add any fish.
Agreed.. the longest it took me to cycle my big tank was a month and 2 weeks :)

Iloutfitter
Apple Snail
I got old school tactics, my old man was a breeder from the age of 10 till we moved from san diego in 1992, he went as far as shipping every tank and fish back to illinois however none of the fish made it.

He usually is with me when I start a tank and always preaches just gas it off for 2 days let the heat get up and toss em in, no better cycling then with what will be living in there.

so far no losses on his cycling method.

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
I used 3 rasboras to cycle my 55 and there was no ammonia spike :D
Adult angels are likely to tear up neons, and Altums and more wild morphs like silvers are more likely to outright devour though.
P0RN!!!

No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
Listen to the conversations on this forum. most people here know what they're talking about, wether or not they're proffessionals. They've experienced alot to know what combinations.
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image

No-One
Member Avatar
SILENCE!
always keep a parimiters kit by the tank, and use it while cycling your tank. It'll tell you (depending on the fish you want/have)what needs to go up or down.
African ciochlids FTW!!!

Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · New to the Hobby · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code