Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Troble getting my silver aro to eat
Topic Started: Jul 23 2009, 01:58 AM (649 Views)
Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello all, my 4-5'' silver arowana which I just got this Past Saturday will not eat. I had him eating jumbo krill a few days ago and now he shows no interest in that at all. What do you suggest I try feeding him now?
Thanks, for all help..
-Alex
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Verse 34k
Member Avatar
Kohaku Koi
What are your water parameters?

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
Ok....
P.H 7.2
Ammonia- 0
Water temp 62 degrees

Verse 34k
Member Avatar
Kohaku Koi
Sixty two degrees!!!! That is WAY to cold for a silver aro! You need about 78

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
Ok I turned the temp up to about 78 degrees.

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
62??? thats cooler than my White Clouds are kept at! no wonder hes not eating, his metabolism is going an inch per hour O_o
-Tig
~~~~~~~~~~~:>--<

WyldLife6201
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
WOW! Alex! 62* ?! That must be the problem.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image < CLICK PLEASE!

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
No he was eating with his temp at 70. So thats not the problem. His temp is at 77 now.

shark
Member Avatar
look geo ..........SLOWLY raise your temp to 80 degrees and keep it there ........but be sure to take a few days to get it there .......they need to be hotter rather than colder .......also you need to feed him black or brown silent crickets ........i guarantee he will take them but only after a day at 80 degrees ...butty ..that should do the trick provided your water params are in order

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
shark
Jul 23 2009, 02:46 PM
look geo ..........SLOWLY raise your temp to 80 degrees and keep it there ........but be sure to take a few days to get it there .......they need to be hotter rather than colder .......also you need to feed him black or brown silent crickets ........i guarantee he will take them but only after a day at 80 degrees ...butty ..that should do the trick provided your water params are in order
Ok the temp is about 77 right now.My parents won't let me use crickets. They escape the tank. Any other live suggestions? Or food suggestions?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primitive Fish · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code