Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Tang..
Topic Started: May 9 2009, 01:28 PM (562 Views)
Verse 34k
Member Avatar
Kohaku Koi
My 72 FOWLR is looking strangely empty now that my yellow tang has passed.

So... i want another tang... should i go yellow or another kind? If so, what are your suggestions?

Thanks!
tim
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jim
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
The Sailfin Tang is a very nice species , very hardy, and if you can find the Red Sea variety they have some nice markings as well, however their disposition in the tank is quiet possessive, or territorial if you will, so choose any tank mates wisely. They also have a great personality Like me :ROFL:
If At First You Dont Succeed....Go Fishin

Eoibio
Member Avatar
^^selling all his predators ^^
Yeah sailfins are amazing...You might just wanna have a change from a yellow...Maybe a naso tang? or are they too big?
75g (mainly) Discus Tank
Spoiler: click to toggle

Filteration: Eheim ecco pro and a Eheim proffesional thermo II

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
I loved my yellow... he's gone now... and I think another yellow would be good cuz I think that any saltwater tank big enough should have one :D
My reef is my expression... its a mixed bag of a bit of everthing with no clear theme all including mood swings, many odd quirks, nooks, crannies, and the best part: growth

Questions about saltwater? Wanna set up an amazing reef display and want to do it right? Just ask!

Verse 34k
Member Avatar
Kohaku Koi
so a sailfin would be fine a 72?

Jim
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
Yup bought my first sailfin at about 3 inches , kept it for about a year, only got up to about 4 inches by then. still no problem in a 75.

Posted Image

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
Sailfins are nice fish. they hang out in open water at the edge of reefs. gl with him :)
-Tig
~~~~~~~~~~~:>--<

Jim
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
No ...bottomfeeder , this is not my fish , mine has been gone for awhile, this is just an image off the open net (No Author or owner listed). When i switched to Natives Mine went to My LFS, and got traded with all the rock etc. That pic was just for Arts Info, But thanks for the reply Bud :)

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
haha. i meant for art, if he decides to get one.
-Tig
~~~~~~~~~~~:>--<

Jim
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
I wanna know when we are gonna hear about the new Tang in Tims tank :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Surgeonfish/Tangs · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code