Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
*please Read This Before Posting*
Topic Started: May 3 2009, 02:33 PM (355 Views)
Snickerdoodle
Member Avatar
Stingray
Before posting about your fish, please include these details that will help our members and staff to get back to you as quickly as possible.

1) Temperature of water

2) What fish and tank occupants

3) Size of tank

4) pH of water

5) Readings for Ammonia, NitrAtre and NitrIte

6) Pictures are an absolute MUST. But if you cannot take pictures then please describe what you see on the sick fish and we will try our best to help you

7) What filtration is running on the tank

Thanks very much!

AV STAFF.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snickerdoodle
Member Avatar
Stingray
Just thought I would remind you lovely fishkeepers of a few things you should know about medicating fish :)

First of all you should never medicate a fish blindly without first seeking help. It will not help the fish by just guessing what infection/disease it may have then acting towards that.

This could stress out the fish even more and result in its death.

Also, fish such as clown loaches, pictus catfish and Black Ghost Knife fish are highly sensitive towards certain medications such as methylene blue, marachide green.

When you have fish such as these it may be more beneficial to use gentle medication courses such as Esha (but I think this is only available in the UK), this does not need to used at half dose with sensitive fish.

There are a wide variety of medications available such as Waterlife, King British, Tetra, Interpet, API, Nutrafin and many more.

I have just tried to name some of the meds I have treated my fish with and that I know have been successful for me.

Staff and members, please feel free to add advice and any comments :)

If you feel any other meds have been successful for you then I'm sure the help will be much appreciated by anyone who is in need of advice!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good info. I pinned and closed this topic so it can be an article.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Emergency Section · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code