Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Quality Equipment
Topic Started: May 5 2009, 02:20 AM (742 Views)
puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
This is a thread where you list all the equipment you have used on your reef that have been very successful and reliable. If it worked well and you would recommend it, post it. I don't want to hear any "well this pump wasn't good" or "this skimmer broke" or any of that. Only posotive things. Anything besides livestock. Post away and lets get a good list of reliable products to help other beginner reefers and any other reefers looking to buy new equipment. =]

Also all other saltwater tank equipment can be listed here. Not just equipment used on reefs.
My reef is my expression... its a mixed bag of a bit of everthing with no clear theme all including mood swings, many odd quirks, nooks, crannies, and the best part: growth

Questions about saltwater? Wanna set up an amazing reef display and want to do it right? Just ask!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jim
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
The CPR backbak skimmers work well for the money
If At First You Dont Succeed....Go Fishin

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
Jim
May 7 2009, 03:27 PM
The CPR backbak skimmers work well for the money
very true... mine works wonderfully on my 20 gallon reef. I've also heard the aqua-c remora skimmers work well too
My reef is my expression... its a mixed bag of a bit of everthing with no clear theme all including mood swings, many odd quirks, nooks, crannies, and the best part: growth

Questions about saltwater? Wanna set up an amazing reef display and want to do it right? Just ask!

Jim
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
Am i seeing double or is this thread identical almost to another one in this same section ? :lol:
Edited by Jim, May 9 2009, 12:53 PM.
If At First You Dont Succeed....Go Fishin

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
Jim
May 9 2009, 12:52 PM
Am i seeing double or is this thread identical almost to another one in this same section ? :lol:
I posted a link to here in general salt so it could get more exposure...

The koralia pumps work well... Im gonna try them out with a wavemaker to see how they perform with that... then I'll post back here with the results :D

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper controllers are really really nice... set and forget. Your tank is completely controlled and you don't have to worry. I would give it 5 stars and recommend it to anyone who wants a controller. It is worth the money!

The koralias didn't work so well with the wavemaker. maybe with a koralia wavemaker they would be better but they don't start every time on my controller's wavemaker
Edited by puffcrusader696, Jul 20 2009, 09:47 PM.

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
The remora skimmers are hard to adjust right. They are very finicky and I couldn't get mine dialed in. Im gonna stick with bak pak skimmers

micstarz
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
puffcrusader696
Jul 20 2009, 02:43 PM
The remora skimmers are hard to adjust right. They are very finicky and I couldn't get mine dialed in. Im gonna stick with bak pak skimmers
I thought you said no negative comments :lol:
Spoiler: click to toggle

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
I posted that I heard they were good so I replied to that statement :-) but yeah that is negative

Verse 34k
Member Avatar
Kohaku Koi
I love the coralife lights... i currently have one of THESE. Works great.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Reef · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code