Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
So I gots me some rams... Numb3ers this is for you!
Topic Started: May 3 2009, 10:55 PM (616 Views)
Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
a pair of 'em I did! I was wondering about some care. 1" each they are. I kranked up the temp to 80 and I added a small peice of driftwood to bring the pH down as well as doing a water change to do my best to get it at 7, which is what they were born and raised in :)
P0RN!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cool get some pics up

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
Takes a while to get them on lappy, gimme a minuite.
P0RN!!!

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HImx3gz0KBE

The video dosen't give them justice, but my pictures had no flash and eveything was yellowy :mad:
P0RN!!!

WyldLife6201
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
You only have a pair of GBR in a tank or do you have more fish in the tank? German Blue Rams (GBR) are very sensitive to water so make sure your water is in pristine condition. They could look fine for one minute and the next they could be laying on the gravel fixing to die. These guys are just as fragile as Discus. That's why GBR and Discus are such a good apir to put together! Try to vary their diet with flakes and bloodworms. They are usually peaceful cichlids but they can become territorial during the reeding season. Do you have a Female and Male Pair? Or do you have 2 of the same gender pair? The way you can tell is that the Male GBR usually has a pointed Dorsal fin and the Female GBR has a red/pink belly. I love your video and I love how you said this is for NUMB3RS!

Male GBR:http://www.tropicalfishprofiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/german-blue-ram-small.jpg

Female GBR:http://www.tropicalfishforum.net/photopost/data/500/German_Blue_Ram.JPG

-#'s
Edited by WyldLife6201, May 4 2009, 12:22 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image < CLICK PLEASE!

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
Just the microgeophagus and 3 snails. I'm hoping to breed them eventually :)
P0RN!!!

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow they look good... good luck with them:)

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
I got a pair bred for hardiness. My tanks are kept at 20 ppm and at 78 degrees. Once the snails pass away I will drop the pH some more. They have just learned that food comes from the top of the tank as flakey things and they are eating well :)
The tank is well planted and designed for minimal waste, but sometimes waste does acclimate. My rams are a male female pair =)
P0RN!!!

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
nice microwave.
-Tig
~~~~~~~~~~~:>--<

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
It is out of use. All this stuff is in my basement. Still works though :)
P0RN!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cichlids · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code