Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Angelfish Breeding!
Topic Started: May 3 2009, 02:25 PM (582 Views)
WyldLife6201
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
My 2 Angels have been showing signs of breeding, but then the next day they are fighting constantly. Is this normal? I haven't declared if I have a male or Female yet. Thanks!

-#'s

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image < CLICK PLEASE!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snickerdoodle
Member Avatar
Stingray
Hmmm they may be pairing up. Another sign of breeding is if you see them guarding an area of the tank they are in. I had a pair of gold angels breed every four weeks and it was hectic! Do you have any other tank mates in with them? What size tank is this? If you want them to spawn then do regular water changes, raise the temperature a bit and feed them a variety of meaty food such as shredded shrimp, bloodworms etc.

Snickerdoodle
Member Avatar
Stingray
However you could just have two males or two females that are fighting. Time will tell!

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
What kind of fighting? When pairing, angels sometimes lock jaws and mouth wrestle.
P0RN!!!

WyldLife6201
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
They aren't lip locking they are like Nipping at each other. They are guarding a corner of the tank but they haven't done any breeding yet. They are in a 45 gallon. Tank mates are 2 Laetacara Dorsigers, 1 Bolivian Ram, 1 Rubber Lip Pleco, 2 Synodontis Eupterus, 1 Yoyo loach, 2 Red Velvet Sword Tails. They usually chase off my Laetacara Dorsigers.

Snickerdoodle
Member Avatar
Stingray
If they are breeding and you want to have fry then i suggest a divider of some sort or take the other fish out if not those eggs will get eaten by the tank mates!

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
If they have intention of breeding the genital papilla should drop
P0RN!!!

WyldLife6201
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
I haven't seen their genital pappila yet so i'm guessing they arent close to breeding yet.

Snickerdoodle
Member Avatar
Stingray
Tail3736
May 3 2009, 10:50 PM
If they have intention of breeding the genital papilla should drop
Yes although i have seen a case where there are two females trying to breed...in the end they just eat all the eggs.

I hope you get fry, numbers! That would be so nice! You should write up about it as an experience and include pics and vids of the angelfish and their eggs etc!

WyldLife6201
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
I don't know if they are a pair yet....Hope for the best!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cichlids · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code