Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Jag+Pleco?
Topic Started: May 2 2009, 10:53 PM (552 Views)
Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
You may have seen Vincent, my pleco whom is in my 55 gallon right now. Obviously, he cannot stay forever. Next year, I plan to get him a 125 gallon wide tank as his final home. Could I keep a jag cichlid as a tankm8???
P0RN!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
i dont think id risk it. i know you cant keep Parachromis dovii with Plecos, and Managuense are very close in habits and behavior.
-Tig
~~~~~~~~~~~:>--<

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It may work. It might not work. I'd take the risk.

WyldLife6201
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
Like Aro Dude said, I would try it and monitor them very closely!

-#'s

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image < CLICK PLEASE!

cris
Member Avatar
Apple Snail
like the rest have said it depends on the personality of the jag. i would try it but keep a close eye on the situation and have a back up plan in case the jag doesnt think its a good idea
My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
I am thinking I will not take the risk and do a mixed cichlid tank.
Any other fish with that body shape that wouldn't beat on Vincent?
P0RN!!!

cris
Member Avatar
Apple Snail
you might try a freddy their less aggro than jags and still have the same basic body shape they also dont get as big (males only to a foot or so)
My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.

Snickerdoodle
Member Avatar
Stingray
What sort of plec are we talking about here? Common plecs are extremely hardy. Give him a place to take shelter in such as a cave and I think you have solved your problem. Feed him at night time. Also if you really want to keep a jag in there introduce them both at the same time. However bear in mind it could all go wrong and that you should always have another tank available or a divider in case you need to separate them.

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
cris
May 3 2009, 01:02 PM
you might try a freddy their less aggro than jags and still have the same basic body shape they also dont get as big (males only to a foot or so)
I like these yellow jacket Freddy cichlids. Could I have any other tankmates?
P0RN!!!

cris
Member Avatar
Apple Snail
if you go with females i would suggest a freddy and an rtm in a 125 it should be more than big enough and the aggression will be lower with females

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Cichlids · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code