Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
What do you keep?; Your stock and setup
Topic Started: Apr 30 2009, 11:14 PM (579 Views)
puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
What do you keep in your reefs? i.e. corals? fish? inverts? your setup like lights, filters, pumps etc...
My reef is my expression... its a mixed bag of a bit of everthing with no clear theme all including mood swings, many odd quirks, nooks, crannies, and the best part: growth

Questions about saltwater? Wanna set up an amazing reef display and want to do it right? Just ask!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
I'll start... I have a 55 gallon reef, a 20 gallon long reef and I'm working on a half gallon nano... on my 55 i have a mixed batch of corals... pretty much everything. I have two 250 watt MH lights and 4 actinics and moonlights. I have an eheim 2213, AC110 and an algae scrubber system. 3 Koralia 2s and one Nano Koralia. For fish I have a Canthigaster Valentini (in quarentine for ick) and a sixline wrasse also in QT... I have a male McCosker's flasher wrasse, a saddled butterfly, flaming prawn goby, orange spot shrimp goby, blue mandarin dragonet, a black misbar ocellaris, and a flame angel.

In my 20 i have all soft corals (zoas and star polyps mostly). Kenya trees and some irridescant blue mushrooms (really cool looking). For fish I have another McCosker's Flasher wrasse (will be moved to a bigger tank when he grows... and not with the other one either) a fire fish goby, a randall's shrimp goby, a yellow clown goby, a hi-fin banded goby, and a cleaner shrimp (not a fish but get over it lol). I have an AC30 and a Bak-Pak skimmer with a Koralia 2 and a Nano Koralia.

:D thats it except for the 1/2 gal which isnt really up yet...
My reef is my expression... its a mixed bag of a bit of everthing with no clear theme all including mood swings, many odd quirks, nooks, crannies, and the best part: growth

Questions about saltwater? Wanna set up an amazing reef display and want to do it right? Just ask!

Verse 34k
Member Avatar
Kohaku Koi
Sounds awesome! I currently have a 72g FOWLR setup but I may convert it to reefs... if I do it will probably be this summer when I have the time :D

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
meh...saltwater...ICKY...lol
i almost set up a .3 gallon brine shrimp tank...does that count...? :ROFL:
-Tig
~~~~~~~~~~~:>--<

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
ill put some pics up later or tomorrow... My fish are making me nervous right now... my saddled butterfly is hovering dangerously close to my green bubbletip anemone... its scaring me lol

Verse 34k
Member Avatar
Kohaku Koi
Hurry up with them pix!!! LOL
Edited by Verse 34k, May 1 2009, 12:32 AM.

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
ok fine... gee wiz guys...

heres a little taste for you: my green goniopora up close :D
Attached to this post:
Attachments: DSC01603.jpg (537.24 KB)

Verse 34k
Member Avatar
Kohaku Koi
Wow... that is a very nice anemone... gorgeous...

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
its actually a green goniopora but i agree, it looks really cool :D

Verse 34k
Member Avatar
Kohaku Koi
Is it a kind of anemone or something different completely???

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Reef · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code