Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Reefers unite!
Topic Started: Apr 30 2009, 09:58 PM (451 Views)
snapple
Member Avatar
Apple Snail
hi i am curious if there are any reefers aboard? If so, post your tank, list your stock, etc!!!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
reefers ho! I'm a reefer!
My reef is my expression... its a mixed bag of a bit of everthing with no clear theme all including mood swings, many odd quirks, nooks, crannies, and the best part: growth

Questions about saltwater? Wanna set up an amazing reef display and want to do it right? Just ask!

shark
Member Avatar
love to have a salty guys............. but always been fresh !!!! never ever ever kept a salty but i would love to!!!!!!!!!!!!

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
biggamehunter
May 3 2009, 10:47 PM
love to have a salty guys............. but always been fresh !!!! never ever ever kept a salty but i would love to!!!!!!!!!!!!
do it up then post pics
My reef is my expression... its a mixed bag of a bit of everthing with no clear theme all including mood swings, many odd quirks, nooks, crannies, and the best part: growth

Questions about saltwater? Wanna set up an amazing reef display and want to do it right? Just ask!

shark
Member Avatar
im a bit stuck for room im afraid puff.....

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
biggamehunter
May 4 2009, 12:20 PM
im a bit stuck for room im afraid puff.....
darn... I can wait :D

shark
Member Avatar
LOL,........

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
im still waiting... I can wait for years if I have to...

shark
Member Avatar
right then i would start small. so i have a 15 gal fresh growout tank ....how and what do i do to get a small salty from it .....please

puffcrusader696
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
dump all the fresh water lol... get some aragonite sand (small bag of alive stuff and another bag of dry stuff of the same or close grain size)... get some salt mix and a hydrometer, mix (if you can RO or DI) water with the salt until it is 1.021-25 on the hydrometer and dump it in the tank (add sand second tho) and then get 15-25 lbs of live rock (10-15 can be base rock as long as some of it is live... the more live the better) and let it sit with a filter and a skimmer for about a month and then you can add fish and coral once its stable. If you are going to keep coral you will need a nice strong light. Gimme the tank dimension and I could recommend one to you. You will also need a skimmer. I recommend bak-pak skimmers or an aqua-c remora skimmer. The more money put into the skimmer the better (i know it sounds rediculous but very, very true). You can get most of the stuff used on sites like craigslist and other reefer forums... for another reefer forum I would recommend manhattonreefs.com. although your really supposed to live in the NY, Tri-state area you can get stuff from there if you can pay to ship (i really have no idea where you live lol)

I'm gonna put a sticky atop of the reef forum about setting up a saltwater tank. That will be more organized. :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Reef · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code