Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
JavaScript Free Code
Welcome to the Aquaventures forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Aquaventures is a fish-keeping forum geared to all different kinds of hobbyists. Whether your just starting out, or your an accomplished aquarist, we're sure you'll find yourself at home here. We have a montly POTM with prize, lots of active members, a buy & sell section, and lots more.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as:

• Posting in and creating new threads
• Customizing your profile
• Sending private messages
• Posting photos
• Voting in Polls
• Participate in various contests

Registration is fast, simple, and 100% FREE. So what are you waiting for?

Join Aquaventures Today!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Photobucket
Have you ever kept Goldfish?
Topic Started: Apr 30 2009, 01:01 AM (913 Views)
WyldLife6201
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
People look at Goldfish as the "Crap Fish" but I beg to differ. Goldfish have a variety different types and can range from different sizes. One of my favorite "Goldfish" is the Butterfly Koi, their Majestic Wings and their body movement makes it my favorite koi!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image < CLICK PLEASE!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Verse 34k
Member Avatar
Kohaku Koi
Goldfish rock... i used to have a 20 gallon with three shubunkins... they outgrew it fast and now live in a friends' pond.

WyldLife6201
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
Yes, thank you for bringing up the point that these fish are FAST growers and they grow with a passion! I would imagine a 20 gallon would be small but thank goodness you upgraded to a pond!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image < CLICK PLEASE!

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
I want a koi so bad...

I really like commons and comets.

I am blessed by the fact that most of my favorite fish are common
P0RN!!!

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yep shubunkin comets and koi, but I had to sell them for a catfish pond.

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
when i was like 7, we always had Commons in a 5 gallon. (before i knew that Comets need a 75g tank) thaty tank now houses 3 Western Mosquitofish and an Olive Nerite Snail...and lots and lots of algae.
-Tig
~~~~~~~~~~~:>--<

Datnoid Man
Member Avatar
GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bottomfeeder
Apr 30 2009, 10:42 AM
when i was like 7, we always had Commons in a 5 gallon. (before i knew that Comets need a 75g tank) thaty tank now houses 3 Western Mosquitofish and an Olive Nerite Snail...and lots and lots of algae.
LOL, LOTS AND LOTS OF ALGAE!!

Will
Member Avatar
MeAtSpInNiNg ByOtCh
Bottomfeeder
Apr 30 2009, 10:42 AM
My friend is 14 and still dosen't know thwy the 3 Bmoors died in his 5 gallon

Maybe they needed more friends? He did 100% wc every other day. Was really dedicated, just didn't have the info... :(
P0RN!!!

Tigerpuffer
Member Avatar
AJ's ghost
100% wc? how would the bacteria survive?

and alex if you saw my tank youd think i havent changed the water in weeks...its this freakin diatom algae...tank is cycled but i cant get rid of this stuff
-Tig
~~~~~~~~~~~:>--<

Jim
Member Avatar
Baby Black Aro
Not ALL people look at goldfish as crap fish actually :) They are as we know them actually decendants of the carp kept and bred in china and Japan for quite a long time. The american bred comet, is probably one of the most commonly kept freshwater fish in the USA, and although im basically a North American fishkeeper have a few in my outdoor pond now and really enjoy watching them. Also the Carp which was imported from China currently adorns most river systems in the US so.... HooRay for the Goldfish :rockon:
If At First You Dont Succeed....Go Fishin

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Coldwater & North American Native fish · Next Topic »
Photobucket

JavaScript Free Code Fish Topsites
JavaScript Free Code