Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Shin Hyakuji High School Tvtropes

The Book that is Hyakuji's Story has come to a close. However, there are still plenty of stories left to be told in the madcap Anime Universe it inhabits. As one book closes, so too does another open. Presented by veteran Hyakuji Staff Members, check out the next generation EVOLUTION of "Anything-Goes" Anime Roleplaying at Senki Academy

Locked Topic
  • Pages:
1st Period; Supernatural Studies
Topic Started: Mar 16 2009, 07:19 AM (7,989 Views)
starr_x
Member Avatar

Kiyomi hurried off in the direction of the library. She was new to Hyakuji High, but she found the library with ease. Opening the door and entering the room, she looked around to find that she was the first one there. "Hmm. I'm the first one here. I didn't have to hurry then." She sighed and sat down at one of the tables, waiting for the teacher or perhaps another student to arrive.

She played with her class schedule, bending the corners and folding it multiple times. Supernatural Studies seemed like a fairly interesting class, and that was why she chose it. Looking around the room again, she waited patiently for someone, anyone to arrive.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaloo
Member Avatar
Look at his little dance
Erin casually yawned as he showed up for his first class of the day. He wondered what they'd be doing today. Last time the teacher had been having them form contracts with demons for goodness sake. This seemed like a fairly dangerous class. Well it seemed like he took volunteers for things like that. It still lacked a nice safe cassroom atmosphere. He was in a library though so he figured he should put his nose in a book. He then noticed the girl, "Hello."
Edited by Kaloo, Mar 16 2009, 08:42 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SecretGG
Member Avatar

Cammy pushed open the double doors and saw the two students. She played with her muffler a bit, it was a nervous habit she has unfortunately formed. She thought to herself "You missed homeroom but you can still make some friends!" She was getting fired up now. She shot down next to Erin and looked over at Kiyomi "Awwww~ She's so short and adorable~" She noticed Erin was holding a book in his hand that wasn't the text book.
"Oh what are you reading there?" As the boy turned his head she smiled and said "The name's Camille but whatever you do don't call me that! My friends call me Cammy." She sat her messenger bag down on the ground at her feet, not knowing exactly what a class like supernatural studies has in store. "So have you had the class before?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dominique
Member Avatar
IZUNAAAA DROP!
Dominique quietly sauntered into class, her speaker belt playing music still somewhat obnoxiously loud. She was enjoying the soft sounds of the new Prodigy album: Invaders Must Die. It was far different from their original stuff, but there was also a place in her heart for the Essex based Big Beat group. From the looks of her, she didn't appear to have slept in awhile and was rather pallid compared to her usual obtrusively hyperactive self. The voice of that woman had not left her alone the past twelve nights and the effects of it were apparent. Even if she wanted to finish her Wave Tracker and find the source, Dominique couldn't muster the energy. She quietly sat down and threw her feet up on a table, sighing heavily as she did.

Having never experienced negative emotions before this was proving to be a tedious few weeks, but Dominique promised herself not to break down just yet. She was better than this, better than everyone in fact. She was a music celebrity with inexhaustible stage presence and an attitude that no one could resist. The Queen Blade of Bass Beats put her feet back on the ground and attempted to look somewhat alert, staring straight ahead with new resolution.

Wait...what class is this again?
she wondered.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rock Lobster
Member Avatar

Man, today is gonna be hard. If I almost fell asleep in homeroom, I might pass out standing up in Gym or something. Thanks to a map provided by the school, Rock found the library relatively quickly (though he did have a bit of trouble translating the kanji on the paper, having to ask some other students for help). He stumbled into the library, the bags under his eyes even more prominent than before. In there he found four kids there; one of them was looking confused as to where she was, two others were conversing, and the last looking quite bored.

Rock found a seat near a corner and thought about sitting down. Well, if I sit down again, I might fall asleep. No, I'm standing up. Rock set his book bag down next to the bored looking girl and leaned against the table. "How's it going?" he said in English. He realized his mistake of speaking English in a Japanese school a little too late, but didn't care. He was just too damn tired.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dominique
Member Avatar
IZUNAAAA DROP!
Dominique was suddenly surprised out of her half dazed, semi-focused, before class attentiveness when she heard someone speak to her in what was invertiably and undeniably English. It had been awhile since she ha spoken any English, but she remembered learning it as a kid. She looked over to see a rather sharply dressed hipster who appeared to be about as well rested as she was. The dilapidated DJ couldn't help but wonder if he had been hearing a voice too. Her Japanese was quite fluent, so it never really showed, but being French, she naturally had an accent when trying to speak English as it lacked the easy grace of other European languages. Looking at his clothes and MP3 player, she wondered if he'd ever heard of her.

"Oh, 'ell, no'ut ve'ury much" she said in her best English. She was slightly embarrassed by her accent and tried not to blush as much as she felt she was.

"Erm... my name ees Dominique, and you awr?" she was certain she was blushing madly now, wishing she'd just asked him to speak in Japanese. Dominique hated speaking English.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rock Lobster
Member Avatar

He sighed at the girls confusion. Of course she couldn't speak English, but he was a bit thrown off by her accent. French, maybe? Gah, I knew I should've spoken in Japanese. Alright, let's see... "Um...I...can speak a little...Japanese myself," he said in Japanese. "I can't understand it very well, or speak it very well, but if it'd be more comfortable for you..." He breathed a little bit. His Japanese was forced, halty, unrefined. He wasn't fluent in any language other than Englsih, either. French was out of the question, but he could understand it. After all, it was a latin based language like Spanish, which was required in some of his schools.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dominique
Member Avatar
IZUNAAAA DROP!
Dominique quickly shook her head, she hated speaking English, but she wouldn't force him into the same situation with Japanese. English was only language she had ever had trouble with; Japanese came to her as fluently as French. Of course, the assistance of homemade language learning software was mostly to thank for that.

"N-no, de rien" she said, "pour-moi, I could use th'eh practice..." Dominique smiled as sincerely as she could while waving her hands apologetically.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rock Lobster
Member Avatar

He frowned at her response. Jeez, this is getting awkward...for both of us. I really should end it here, at l east until I learn better Japanese. "No, it...it's cool," he said, speaking a little bit slower in English. "It seems that speaking to each other would be very uncomfortable for both of us, so maybe we should break it off, at least until I learn Japanese or...well, French, I presume you speak." I'm sure they offer language assistance classes here for Japanese. Then, I can actually make new friends rather than having to limp through the school day alone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dominique
Member Avatar
IZUNAAAA DROP!
"I'm sorry for all the trouble," Dominique then said in perfect Japanese, "English is the only language I really seem to have any trouble with and I don't mind you really want to hold off introductions, but maybe I wouldn't mind if I had someone to help me with my accent..." there was a little irritation sprinkled into her words, a mixture of embarrassment and anger harvested from speaking terrible English and getting blown off because of it. She turned back to the front of class and shooed him off with a wave of her hand and a curt "au revoir". Her headphones quickly unfolded over her ears at a thought command and began playing music loud enough to dampen a nearby nuclear blast.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rock Lobster
Member Avatar

Rock felt her anger, though he couldn't understand a lot of what she said, which only made his imaginary wound larger for both losing the chance to make a friend as well as having such a fragile grasp of the language of his new home. He bowed his now-blushiing head and, even though he knew he coudn't hear him, said "I'm sorry for the trouble," in his best Japanese. He found a seat in the back of the room and, breaking his own word, sat down. He burried his head in his hands in embarassment.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SecretGG
Member Avatar

Immediately everyone herard the rather loud noise of Cammy shouting "Daaaarrrliiiiiinngggg~" as she got up and hugged Rock. Speaking rather quickly in English she said "I was born in Arizona! I moved here when I was 13 but I miss English so much! Isn't Kanji so difficult?!" The ideas were somewhat coherent but she was speaking so fast it seemed random. Her Japanese wasn't that bad either except for the fact that it was more informal than it should be. Her eyes glowed as she squeezed him tight. As she wrapped her arms around his back she though to herself "Yay! a new friend!" She let go of him and stuck out her hand and again in English said "The name's Cammy! Nice to meetcha" while her other hand was again moving her muffler, trying to cover her neck as much as possible.
Edited by SecretGG, Mar 16 2009, 02:44 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaloo
Member Avatar
Look at his little dance
As he turned to the girl Erin answered, "Oh, Hello Cammy. Yeah, I was in here before... It's kind of eh-" before the girl excitedly ran off to the English speaking guy and let out a slew of words he barely understood. He sighed and shook his head. Well that was fine, he wasn't really sure how he would describe this class anyways. He sighed and turned back to the first girl who'd been in the room, "My name's Erin, what's yours?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

ForTheBunnies
Member Avatar
I've mastered lurking again >.>, it's pretty sad
Before entering Adell's ears where assaulted by someone shouting. Stopping abruptly at the entrance he stared skeptically at the two in question. Trying to piece together what happened he pointed at the guy the girl who shouted was currently hugging. His left ear began drooping downwards slightly as he realized it was only pointless yelling. Deciding he wanted in on whatever was transpiring with them he trudged over, Tail swinging wildly.
Upon reaching the two he reached out his hand.
"What the hell just happened? It sounded interesting." He said fluently in Japanese. Then he noticed the bags under the males eyes. "Damn, you look horrible. Sleep much?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rock Lobster
Member Avatar

Rock looked up quite shocked when he heard teh shout of "DARLING!" He was immediately assaulted with rapid fire statements and an awkward, one-sided hug (Cammy's being the side). What's up with this girl? She speaks fluent English, so that's good. But she seems so hyper. Well, maybe I could get use to it. "Erm...My name's Rock. Nice to...uh, meet you. Just um...could you let go? I'm not very touchy-feely." In all honesty, he was now redder than he was before, what with the previous incident plus being hugged by a pretty cute girl who he didn't even know.

As he looked to the Adell, he said. "Erm, well, this....girl here. She shouted, tehn, she...uh...hugged me." He said in his uncomfortable Japanese. "I...uh, don't speak very good Japanese. So, I don't know what you just said," He said to his latter statement.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Season 1 Archive · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages:

Seishun Line collaboration by .Danilo / .sionthede / Leda of Zathyus Networks Resources.