Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Pumpitout. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John Del Giorno - WABC 7 Chopper Cameraman
Topic Started: Sep 30 2008, 05:57 PM (10,737 Views)
shure
Member Avatar
Administrator
John Del Giorno - WABC 7 Chopper Cameraman
« Thread Started on Oct 11, 2007, 1:40pm »

Posted Image

- Del Giorno’s first big story was the 1996 crash of TWA flight 800 off the coast of Long Island.

- Del Giorno was on assignment over Martha’s Vineyard in the wake of John F. Kennedy Jr.’s plane crash.

Posted Image

September 11 2001
Posted Image

John Del Giorno confirms he was the cameraman in News Chopper 7 on 9/11 who "allegedly" took the first footage aired live of United Airlines Flight 175 hitting the second tower.

click link below to listen to phone call, or right click and save target as to download:
http://www.pumpitout.com/audio/john_delgiorno_061407.mp3

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

elephant room
Member Avatar

UPDATE 9/14/09:

Matt has determined that John did not film the second shot on 9/11 ...
the shot shown on cnn, abc , and globally viewed under the current name international shot.

This forces the honest mind to reflect back on our previous determination
about why John was resistant to continuing this caught-off-guard conversation
about his 9/11 experience, his acknowledgment(?) of filming the second impact,
& ultimately why he wouldn't have called back.

shure: You were in the news chopper 7 on the day of 9/11, right?
j delgiorno: Yes
shure: Ok, were you working the camera? (brief moment of silence) The reason why I am sking you is I am doing an aniversary story on 9/11 for the up comming aniversary.
j delgiorno: Ok
shure: 'Cause you guys were the only ones to capture the second hit on video right?
**j delgiorno: Right, right. Now are you doing this for a station, or ..
shure: No I live in Canada and I am just doing for a paper over here.
j delgiorno: Oh, Ok.
shure: Um, I was just wondering, so you were the camera man at the time?
j delgiorno: Yes, I was the reporter and the camera operator.
shure: And who was the pilot on that day? Was it Mike Dylan?
j delgiorno: I am in the middle of something, I'm gonna give you a call back.*

... the rest of the conversation is John Delgorno pursuing further who shure is affiliated with,
and disclosing that it was a FLIR camera he was operating from Chopper 7,
not a wescam.

*says he will call back and take Shures info. I presume, he would find a website that contains accusation about the witnesses on 9/11 being fakes.

**his answer to the detail in shures question "Cause you guys were the only ones to capture the second hit on video right?" ... states "right", but is almost interrupting the question being asked w/ concern for being unaware of who he is talking to & what purposes his answers/voice would be used for. This concern remains through the short lived conversation.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · 9/11 Phone Calls · Next Topic »
Add Reply