| Welcome to Pumpitout. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
| Saudis to remain out of 9/11 damages case -judge | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Mar 16 2012, 11:58 AM (419 Views) | |
| shure | Mar 16 2012, 11:58 AM Post #1 |
|
Administrator
|
Saudis to remain out of 9/11 damages case -judge 3/15/2012 http://newsandinsight.thomsonreuters.com/Legal/News/2012/03_-_March/Saudis_to_remain_out_of_9/11_damages_case_-judge/ NEW YORK, March 15 (Reuters) - The U.S. judge overseeing a case seeking damages from foreign governments over the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks refused on Thursday to reinstate claims against Saudi Arabia. The plaintiffs -- mostly the families of victims of the attacks -- had asked U.S. District Judge George Daniels to reinstate claims against Saudi Arabia and a related charity. They cited a November appeals court decision allowing similar claims to proceed against Afghanistan. But Daniels said the November opinion by the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals was not sufficient grounds to bring back the Saudis, who had been dismissed as a defendant in 2005. "The fact that Afghanistan remains in the case for now is not a reason to reinstate the cases against the Saudi Kingdom and the High Commission, which have been closed for years," Daniels said. Stephen Cozen, who argued on behalf of the plaintiffs at Thursday's hearing, said they would appeal Daniels' decision. Out of the over 200 entities and governments originally sued by the plaintiffs about 100 are still listed as defendants, and active litigation is ongoing with less than 10, a lawyer involved in the case said. The consolidated case is In Re: Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, no. 1:03-md-01570. For plaintiffs: Stephen A. Cozen of Cozen O'Connor in Philadelphia. For defendants: Michael Kellogg of Kellogg, Huber, Hansen, Todd, Evans & Figel in Washington, D.C. (Reporting By Basil Katz) |
![]() |
|
| shure | Mar 16 2012, 11:58 AM Post #2 |
|
Administrator
|
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uADsDZPsM5Y |
![]() |
|
| broken sticks | Mar 17 2012, 08:30 PM Post #3 |
|
This is terrible news |
![]() |
|
| 1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous) | |
| « Previous Topic · September 11, 2001 · Next Topic » |







7:25 PM Jul 10