Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Say hello!; Step up in front of the class and introduce yourself
Topic Started: Jun 15 2010, 08:24 PM (11,378 Views)
Chrispy
Member Avatar

Posted Image

So, through some strange twist of fate, you have manged to land on this lovely Precocious message board. Hey, might as well settle in, get involved and be awesome. It beats all other ways of living.

Tell us all about yourself! Who are you? Where are you? What do you do? What are you hopes and dreams? Where'd you get that funky username? Are you creepy? Do you collect human heads? Share whatever stories you want! Well, maybe don't share about the creepy human head thing.

Here, I'll start!

My name is Christopher J Paulsen, Chrispy for short, and I make comics! If you don't know this, you are probably a spambot. As of this post writing, I am living in Winchester, VA - but I shall soon be relocating to Savannah, GA to become a grad student at SCAD! As of this post writing, I am 30 years old - but I shall soon be 25 when I relocate and start lying about my age. (Maybe.) I like sports, modernist art, TV on DVD, new wave music and you. I'm not very fun at parties, but I make up for it by being a dark-humored jerk on the internet. (Wait...) I hope to one day do cartooning for a living, somehow. A lot of that depends on you guys, so go make me rich and famous already!

(I do not collect human heads.)

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Andrew Bean

I'm Andrew Bean, and I'm a writer, at least by training, and I live in Bel Air MD, though my hometown is Winchester, VA. I'm also the moderator of this board. Chris and I have known each other since high school (so it's been a while- I turn 30 in a couple of months.)
My ultimate goal in live is to teach English lit at the college level, but so far financial considerations have kept me out of graduate school. As far as interests, I'm kind of a weeaboo in that I'm an anime fan, though I'm not that familiar with the stuff that came out in the last five years or so (it's an expensive hobby!). I have a side project with a friend of mine making 3d animation, which can be found at http://www.boolean-union.com/.

-Andrew

My 3d animation project:
www.boolean-union.com

tekaramity
Member Avatar
27 and -not a day older-
This is weird, since all of you already know me. So hey! It's Tek! I'm from Martinsburg! Woo!

...no, let's try again...

Hi there! I'm tekaramity. I made this persona up from scratch; my real name is unavailable at this time. I'm an undergrad student desperately seeking to finish an economics degree and subsequently enter the University of Georgetown's economics doctorate program. I live in Martinsburg, WV. Martinsburg is kind of like that annoying 'kid brother' trying to be tough and macho like its elder siblings Winchester and Hagerstown. I'm 25, happily single, and spend too much time online.

I work for the Post Office whenever I can (which is not as often as I'd like). I'm currently learning a few tech skills unpaid: stage design and lighting, video capture and editing, concert/theater 'n' the like. I hope to keep training in these areas even after I enter grad school. I play my PlayStation 2 and DS too often, even after cutting back. Favorite game series include Pokémon, Sonic, Castlevania, Shin Megami Tensei, Mega Man / X / Zero, Metroid, and a maddeningly random smorgasbord of lesser-known JRPGs such as Wild Arms 4 and SaGa Frontier. I very much enjoy the NHL and hockey in general, and I firmly believe that the Detroit Red Wings will rule the day again soon enough.

I like Precocious. A lot. Why? Hm. My favorite newspaper comic strip, by far, was (and seemingly always will be) Calvin and Hobbes. I am therefore rooting for Precocious to become a solid successor; not imitator, but descendant. Almost 600 comics in, it is doing a fine job. *salute~*

Minx
Member Avatar
Rhianna the Fluffy
I think I am one of the first people here, which probably says something about my nature when I get incredibly obsessed with something new. This comic is pretty much what I've been looking for in web comics. Aside from the praise, onto my introduction!

Quote:

Who are you?

My first name is Rhianna, I won't give last names or anything since that's too personal but really, you're just going to get a pop star if you look up my name, so, hey. I'm 18 and I'm crazy and kind of a pervert, wanna-be cartoonist and romantic poet, and I'm a self confessed Foodie.

Quote:

Where are you?

I'm in Colorado, I used to live in a rural are with my folks but now I'm living with my future mother-in-law and my fiance.

Quote:

What do you do?

Unemployed wanna-be cartoonist, hooray! I play games on Steam, read web comics, and I look for some jobs but as it stands I'm probably going to be working at Denny's. I cook and clean sometimes. I start college in September and all I know about my major is that it's going to have something to do with social sciences.

Quote:

What are you hopes and dreams?

Long term: I want to make a web comic at some point, get a decent job after college that possibly lets me give insight on people, I want kids in a few years after I get an okay job, I want to get my poetry published, possibly write a novel.
Short term: Although it's kind of quick my fiance and I are shooting to get enough stuff together to get married at the court house in August, I've never tried macarons so I want one, I want to bake some sweet potato fries for dinner.

Fulfilled recently: I finally saw a slug when I was camping in California! I poked it a few times. I also got to see gigantic pine cones and go to Seattle and go yuppie watching!

Quote:

Where'd you get that funky username?

I couldn't think of anything and I remembered at least 2 ex-boyfriends called me a "Minx" and I asked my fiance if I was a Minx and he said, "I guess so." I was in between Mink and Minx and a Mink is a otter like weasel thing and although I love swimming I'm by no means slender. So, Minx it is.

Quote:

Are you creepy?

Am I?

Quote:

Do you collect human heads?

I used to collect Barbie heads, does that count?

windbird404

An old English teacher of mine told me to keep it short and sweet so here i go!

Who are you?
Felix
Where are you?
Every where but no where.(NC)
What do you do?
Student making it through high school.
What are my hopes and dreams?
To become a commercial pilot if not become a network engineer.
A long time ago i was sitting in front of a computer thinking of a user name to use for an online video-game. Back then i liked birds a lot so that's where "windbird" came into existence.
Are you creepy?
I could be a lot worse.
Any thing else?
I am very terrible at English.

Charles_Marker
Member Avatar

Who are you? : Charles_Marker
Where are you? : Ohio, for half the year, Michigan for the other half.
What do you do? : I am a budding Engineer of the Electrical variety.
What are your hopes and dreams? : Well, there's the flying one, and the naked in school one, and the I can't see one....
Where'd you get the funky username? : It's a mix of one of my middle name and an art supply. For those in the know, I first coined it on KOL and it felt fitting.
Are you creepy? : I don't like to think so, but I may be stalking Chrispy online. (It's for Precocious, I swear!)
Anything else? : I speak a touch of French, listen to the Beatles quite a bit, and read a multitude of comics. This happens to be one of my favorites.

Chrispy
Member Avatar

Welcome, everyone!

tekaramity - Woo, locals! I still find it weird to think that Winchester is the "big city" to anyone. I remember my time at Shepherd when my friends there were all happy they were going to the Apple Blossom Mall. Oooooh!

Minx - Cool, another comicker! Head over to the creative endeavors thread and show off your stuff. I'd love to see it! How close are you to launching?

windbird404 - Becoming a pilot? That's awesome. Good luck, man!

Charles_Marker - Oh, hey, KoL. I haven't played that in forever. My account is sitting on a treasure trove of stuff too - but I refuse to give up on it. You never know when one will get the urge again...
Posted Image

Minx
Member Avatar
Rhianna the Fluffy
Chrispy
Jun 17 2010, 03:27 PM
Minx - Cool, another comicker! Head over to the creative endeavors thread and show off your stuff. I'd love to see it! How close are you to launching?
Probably months at the very least away from launching anything. My sketching has gotten a lot better but I'm still learning smooth inking and it takes me lots and lots of sketches to make anything look any good. Any stuff I have digitally available are pretty old ideas and art but I could post them anyway.

I'm also debating concepts, a middle/high school like setting with anthro funny animals? A comic about my life that stars us as humans (or funny animals)? I really haven't decided. I do really cartoony silly things all the time but focusing purely on myself seems like it'd bore people.

DRB_II
Member Avatar

Quote:

Tell us all about yourself! Who are you?

The names Dennis, DRB_II for short. No, wait, they're both six characters...

...Anyway...

Quote:

Where are you?

Born and raised Chicago suburbs, 24 years later... I'm still there.

Quote:

What do you do?

I work for UPS, doing decidedly unsexy things, but, it pays the bills. Barely.

Outside of that, I'm a gamer, computer nerd, audiophile, and gearhead. Having one expensive hobby would be enough for most people. Me, I have four. This may be why work barely pays the bills.

Quote:

What are you hopes and dreams?

Numerous. I don't even want to think of how long it'd take to get them all down.

Quote:

Well, when I started commenting at Precocious, I used my initials because all my internet aliases are, in a word, long and phenomenally stupid. Okay, that's four words. Anyway, when I finally signed up to comment (because commenting without being signed up is... wrong? I don't know.), my initials were already taken. It happens, but when I find that other guy... *fist shaking*

Anyway, I added a "_II" at the end. This is still less stupid than my other aliases.

Quote:

Are you creepy? Do you collect human heads?

Who wants to know?

Quote:

Share whatever stories you want! Well, maybe don't share about the creepy human head thing.

I would, but I can't think of any right now, plus I have to go to work. Maybe when I get back... and think of something.
Edited by DRB_II, Jun 17 2010, 10:41 PM.
Posted Image

Chrispy
Member Avatar

Welcome, DRB_II! I'm a complete failure at being a gamer, computer nerd, audiophile and gearhead - I still believe cars run on magic and coding is the devil's work. This is probably why I have no friends.

You remind me, I should really start a gaming thread. Pokemon players, Starcraft players, Madden players and Modern Warfare players all get along, right?

(Like most threads on this board, I am posting stuff to see what takes off. If they do, they get their own forum. )
Posted Image

tekaramity
Member Avatar
27 and -not a day older-
Hello, hello to all, hope to have a grand time with my fellow Precocites™ and Precocettes™.

Andrew: which anime? I haven't watched any in years either, but I was a consistent Toonami fan in high school. Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop, I recall liking those. Only dubbed experience here, though; I would check out subbed if I spent more time in the fandom. Also, your adaptation movie project highly intrigues and amuses me.

Minx: I'll be sure to check out your comic upon its launch. Always on the lookout for more gems-in-polishing.

windbird: What planes would you be flying? I have a couple of friends who fly out of the local airport, mostly small craft, occasionally in air shows in...Wisconsin, I believe. I do know one fellow who flies 747s nationally.

Charles: Whereabout? I was born in Detroit, lived there 12 years. Been through most of Michigan and parts of Ohio (Toledo, Youngstown, I think Columbus and Dayton once).

DRB: Ah, UPS, mortal enemy of the USPS. =P Actually I've a couple pals who drive for them in Maryland. I was looking into a job there, but the Postal Service roped me in first. I've read they're hiring a swath of drivers, though, and the pay sounds decent enough to finish my degree.

Chrispy: Apple Blossom Mall *is* a big deal! It has...um...Panda Express! And Suncoast!...wait, no, Suncoast closed, didn't it. Anyhow, I'm a gamer from birth but don't play enough 'cool kid' games (like Madden, WoW, or FPSes) to justify starting a gaming thread. =/ I've played Disgaea 2 far more hours than every bestseller since 2008 combined.
Posted Image ~ TekaRainbow Dash: Living the dream. ~

myk
Member Avatar

Who are you? My real name is unique enough that I don't feel comfortable posting it yet, so I literally just came up with this name by typing in three letters. So... I guess for now I'm Myk.

Where are you? Wisconsin

What do you do? Lots of things. Most importantly I'm a college student studying microbiology.

What are you hopes and dreams? I have yet to figure out what I want to do with my life.

Where'd you get that funky username? Unlike many of you, I'm not creative. Therefore I resorted to hitting random keys.

Are you creepy? Hm, I hope not.

Hi everyone!

Dorukov

Who are you? : Evan
Where are you? : South Carolina
What do you do? : I am in the wonderful world of retail...I hate my life. I also have been accepted back into school and will start in the fall.
What are your hopes and dreams? : One step at a time, graduate, learn Russian, and marry girlfriend.
Where'd you get the funky username? : It sounds Russian... what? Do they all have to be special?
Are you creepy? : So I have been told by someone... well, some people... well, lots of people.
Anything else? : I like climbing but am afraid of heights, it doesn't work out too well.

Tom AIAC
Member Avatar

Greetings everyone! Nice to see Precocious finally get a forum! Do I get to take any credit in its existence, Crispy? B-)

Who are you?: Thomas D. Szewc, author of the webcomic "Alone in a Crowd"
Where are you? Connecticut
What do you do? Weren't you listening? I make those sequential arts.
What are my hopes and dreams? Make a living off said sequential arts.
Where'd you get that funky username? It seems to be my default username around the web now. It's obviously my name and my comic combined ^_^
Are you creepy? Nah, I'm adorable.
Any thing else? I've become something of a music junkie. I also really like anime and movies.
Posted Image

Andrew Bean

tekaramity: I'm a fan of both the series you mentioned. I'm also a big fan of Slayers, Ranma, Saber Marionette J, Last Exile, and anything by Miyazaki. About the last series I got into was Azumanga Daioh, it's one of the few series I actually have the manga to as well. I watch mostly subtitled, though I do enjoy dubs when done well (Cowboy Bebop's is excellent, imho).
I'm glad to hear that you are interested in my side project. Like I said, I hope we'll have some more stuff to show sooner rather than later, and we always have a great need of talent.
-Andrew

My 3d animation project:
www.boolean-union.com

Gumballs81

Who are you? - Tim.
Where are you? - Central Ohio
What do you do? - Not very much. ^_^ I'm enrolled in an online college program (eight weeks away from getting an Associates degree in business arts, then heading back in for my Bachelor's) and I'm an avid reader and movie, anime, and classic rock fanatic.
What are you hopes and dreams? - Mainly to write and publish a few novels. I've been tossing about ideas in my head, but I haven't done enough in the form of actual writing yet. Where'd you get that funky username? - A combination of something I enjoyed as a child and the year I was born. Basically, it just flashed in my mind and, as an impulse, I went with it.
Are you creepy? - I prefer the term "unusual."
Do you collect human heads? - Umm, no.
"Dust. Wind. Dude."

Roland
Member Avatar

Hello everyone,

Who am I?
I'm Roland and I live in the Netherlands (a long distance from most of you people which may be a good thing).

Hobbies
I'm building websites, computer games and playing games is one of my most favorites at the moment.

What do you do?
I'm building a Wolf simulator at the moment. You'll play as a 3d wolf and you need to survive. I don't think that Christopher likes this because of his phobia for dogs! :D

Granzon
Member Avatar

Hello everyone.
I'm Granzon I've found this webcomic while blindly looking for something to do, like always, and it was love on first sight.

I'm German and currently try to get a job in accounting (I'm good with numbers)
but finding a job in Germany is not easy.

I enjoy video games and webcomics and I collect the heads of my slain enemies.

In case of doubt just blow it up.

Little Miss Chaos
Member Avatar

Who are you? : Most of my friends just call me Jo. I don't even know why.
Where are you? : Utah. That's all I'm comfortable saying at the moment.
What do you do? : Sorry people, I'm a student. Though I might end up working at a pizza place next week.
What are your hopes and dreams? : At the moment? Raise money for college.
Where'd you get the funky username? : I dunno. Just sounded cool so I went with it a while back, and its stuck with me.
Are you creepy? : Sometimes.
Anything else? : Not really.

Chrispy
Member Avatar

tekaramity - I haven't played Disgaea2 yet, but the original Disgaea was ridiculously addictive! I love that game and I'm rather scared about trying 2 and getting addicted. I have no time for that!

myk - Welcome! College is an awesome place to hide while figuring out where to go in life. Why do you think I'm going back to grad school? ;)

Dorukov - Alright, another one going back to college! Good luck with it!

Tom AIAC - Woo! You came! Yes, you get credit for this forum. I was jealous of yours.

Gumballs81 - Ooh, another back to college. This is like a support group now. You should talk with Andrew about writing. Go inspire each other!

Roland - Roland! You made it! I do not have a phobia of dog. I merely do not like them. :P

Granzon - Welcome! I loved the small amount of time I got to spend in Germany. I think it's hard to find a job anywhere now. :(

Little Miss Chaos - See, we do have a solid college support group going here! Glad to have you on the board!
Posted Image

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News and Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply