1. A user is permitted one registered account on Open Eyes. Any attempts at having a subsequent account, whether to bypass punishment or for any other means is forbidden. Users found to be breaking this rule will have all accounts (primary and any secondaries) banned along with a subsequent IP ban.
2. Spam (Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages) will be dealt with as the moderator sees fit. Common punishments include both verbal and real warnings, a temporary suspension, temporary banishment from the forum, or complete removal of posting rights. If found to have been banned from at least two forums for spam, the account will have a temporary, all forum inclusive ban laid down. Any further punishment metered out due to spamming will result in a permanent ban from Open Eyes.
3. Punishment evasion of any form will result in more punishment (an account banning). If you feel you were punished unfairly, contact the administration at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
4. DO NOT ASK FOR STAFF. Asking for staff will reduce your chances to a modest 0% and blacklist you from the team.
5. If found to be PM advertising, all PM rights will be removed for a length of time that the administrator deems fit.
6. Bypassing the word filter (without proper permissions) will earn a verbal warning and then further punishment as necessary. The word filter is put in place to keep the community friendly to everyone. Any words not censored by the filter are capable of being used (do not use other languages to bypass the filter).
Commonly Asked Questions
Q: Who founded and currently runs Open Eyes?
A: Open Eyes was founded by corpora, Choco and Arianna. The forum itself is currently run by corpora, Arianna and Kylie along with the staff team.
Q: What is the purpose of Open Eyes?
A: Open Eyes is the partial resurrection of an older resource board, Zeta Evolution. Open Eyes serves to continue with a fresh slate the ideas that were put in motion with Zeta Evolution. We primarily offer ways for people to improve their board, from providing complete themes to allowing advertising, we're here to help.
Q: You said not to ask for staff, so how do I get on the team?
A: The administrators keep an eye out on the community to scout out potential staff constantly. Staff are chosen through their contributions to the community and their ability to handle what is asked of them. A certain level of maturity, trustworthiness and dedication must be demonstrated by any candidate for a position on our team.
Q: How many Oes is a post worth?
A: One post is worth the equivalent of 5 Oes.
Q: How many posts do I need to change my custom title?
A: To change your custom title requires 0 posts. Freedom is a gift meant to be expressed.
Q: Do you really eat children?
The Staff Teams
Board Administrators are the highest ranking user on Open Eyes. Among other tasks, they are responsible for board maintenance, staff management, community moderation and member relations. Have a problem with the board? Contact an Administrator over PM to try and resolve the issue.
Senior Staff are the most dedicated members of the Open Eyes staff team, recognized for their contributions towards making the board a better place to visit and work on. All members of Senior Staff continue on with their previous role, with the extra addition of the ability to moderate the entire board.
Community Moderators are responsible for keeping a fair yet watchful eye over the community. The main responsibilties are handling public relations, managing contests, keeping the community clean and dealing with minor member problems.
Reviews Staff manage the Board Reviews section and make use of our traffic light review system to provide you with professional and useful critique.
Request Staff are here to help make your board look the best it can. Members of the team fill graphics, skins and theme requests to help customize your board. Post a request today and get the help you need.
Database Staff are responsible for filling up the numerous databases on Open Eyes, from themes to tutorials. Can't find a particular style? Post a feedback topic or PM a member of the team to suggest a new release in that appearance.
Coding Staff post codes into the Codes Database, handle user submissions, provide coding support, fill coding requests and moderate their section.