Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Mariska Hargitay; all the juicy gossip
Topic Started: Feb 6 2009, 09:47 AM (175,299 Views)
Unregistered

Let's continue, shall we?

It would be nice to have some rumors, info, and pictures on the first page of the thread, so if it grows to 1000s of posts, no one will have to wade through all the pages to find stuff.

From r1155 on the L Anonymous Mariska thread:

(Post made Dec 3 2008, 05:53 AM)

If it was just lesbians engaging in wishful thinking, then Michael Musto and Ted Casablanca never would've made any blind items about her. Last time I checked, they weren't lesbians.

Here is one blind item about her:

"Which tough-as-nails TV babe has a tender spot for children with AIDS? She recently donated $100,000 to care for two children who have the disease. She did it quietly, trying to keep the media from swarming around her. She's done an admirable job of staying out of the tabloids, despite a top-20 TV show, high-profile relationships with A-list actresses, and a mother who will go down in history as having one of the more gruesome deaths in Hollywood."

Back in 2004 in his E! Awful Truth column, Ted Casablanca gave the most open blind item ever about her. He pretty much called Peter a beard.

"Mariska Hargitay, exchanging smooches with her bearded fiancé on a United flight from Newark to Hell-Ay. Confidently boasting of her new engagement ring to the friendly crew--folks M.H. has flown with before, bien sûr--Ms. H. was scouring through issues of Bride's and Weddings fer most of the flight. Congrats, you girlie-girl! (Who knew?) Far more spontaneous were...

Steven Tyler and the rest of boys of Aerosmith, testing their improv skills at the Second City Theater, Toronto."

An eyewitness about Mariska and Kelly Miller who actually DOES attach her name to the account (and her photo is even on her site):

Post 2886 from the Debate Club:

"no, they have great chemistry, the same mariska had with her former gf maria bello. I know for a fact they hooked up during their ER days my friend was a gaffer (lighting guy) on the set during the time they were on the show."

Post 143 from the Debate Club:

2. There's also the following postings that I've "borrowed" from DL:

"She is not straight. I swear on my momma's grave I saw her in action. And I'm a gay guy who could care less about her.

I saw her at the Sheryl Crow concert on Jones Beach this summer with her gf. They had their arms around each other during the dimly-lit slow songs. They left with Mariska pulling her through the crowd, hand-in-hand.

The straight woman I was with noticed her first and said "I think that's Mariska Hargitay holding onto that woman. I didn't know she was gay. I like her so much more now." I felt the same."

"OMG you guys, she is soooooooooooo gay. I've seen her in Hollywood like 5 times and every time a different girl. She likes leggy, foreign brunettes w/ big boobs

Plus, I was at a function in Santa Monica and she was there too...totally flirting with a friend of a friend of mine who was new to California, and MH offered to take her out and "show her all the sights". Take a wild guess on how that evening ended.

SHE'S GAY!"

"ok . I am the guy who saw her at the Jones Beach concert this past summer. She is GAY, people. TRUST ME. She was with her girlfriend and they were very close. Although I didn't see them kiss, they were very touchy and left HOLDING HANDS. Case closed.

The gf, btw, is taller, thin, blondish/brown hair, kinda plain (but probably pretty if she had make-up on, which she didn't). They stood throughout the concert with some basball cap wearing dude, but the dynamic was such that you could tell he was a friend of Mariska's. He led the way out of the stadium, and mariska followed, pulling her GF by the hand out of there."

"Am I the only one who agrees with the girl who says she sees her in hollywood with "hot brunettes with large breasts"?? I know some ppl who gets into pretty hush hush girl clubs and they ALL say Mariska is always with some hot girl when she's cruising the town, and they did mention a plain looking, but cute dirty blonde that she is often with so it could very well be the chick the other poster was talking about. I think she's gay, and I'm not some wishful thinking lesbian who deams she's gay because I really couldn't care less, yeah, she's hot but if she were straight I know I wouldn't lose any sleep! so I really have no reason to lie."

"This is 1:00AM Jones Beach guy again....YES, it definitely was her, and many people came up to say 'hi'' before the show. I was in the section behind her, in the first row, a distance of ten feet. I was able to distinctly see that these two women WERE TOGETHER. They were very discreet, and nobody would really notice their hand holding, touching, back rubbing from a distance. But they did it.

That's all I have to say. In fact, I have so little invested in this,I can't defend her homosexuality anymore because I don't need to convince anyone of what is truth--she's gay, gay, gay. Good luck to y'all in your spirited debate!"

"well, even if she's not gay she has damn good gaydar! When my gf & I met her she asked almost right away how long we had been together and it's not like we are uber dykes and it was obvious."

"She was at Jones Beach. NO, it wasn't somebody else. I am 100% positive it was her. No doubt in my mind, or in the minds of those around me.

I read the Post and The Daily News, and NO, they wouldn't post something that would out somebody, not even a blind item, they reserve these for people who are reckless and unlikeable. This is definitely the last time i will defend myself. It just surprises me that people actively refute first-hand sightings on this board and latch on to half of the made-up drivel. Whatever. She's gay, people, and no, she wasn't flauting it. This is why it won't show up in the paper. So she's a classy lesbo. Deal with it."

"11:00 here--I heard it from my brother and all his friends who go to hollywood a lot and they have seen her there with women like the LA girl was talking about, and he has no reason to lie to me about something like that since he doesn't care if she's gay or not and he knows I don't either, and the way he told me was so "whatever" that I know he's not lieing."

"Plus, my brother can spot a celeb from a mile away...he never goes up to them (he's FAAARRR too "cool" to do that:)) , but he knows them when he sees them. He said it was Mariska Hargitay, and I'm taking his word for it. Plus, no matter how discreet you want to be... when you are physically attracted to someone it is hard to hide it, and if you are trying to keep your relationship a secret you will most likely slip up once in a while and this was one of those times."

NOTE: These are the posts made by SVU Boom Tech that were *not* tagged:

"RE: Mariska Hargitay by: SVU Boom Tech 04/11/2003 @ 01:00PM DONT THINK FOR A MINUTE MARISKA DOESNT KNOW ABOUT THIS SITE. ITS A BEARD."

"RE: Mariska Hargitay by: SVU Boom Tech 04/12/2003 @ 10:15AM She really is goofy, and she is gay. Don't be fooled. After 5 years of being quiet and secretive about her sex live, she all of a sudden is seen out with this hack, no name actor. Peter Heman cannot act worth a shit that is why some of his scenes were cut. Mariaks knows people are speculating about her sexuality, and this guy is a scumbag who is all too happy to enjoy the media ride."

"RE: Mariska Hargitay by: SVU Boom Tech 04/12/2003 @ 09:06PM Yes Mariska is going to be on the Today show. I think she said the last hour, so all you late sleepers can stay in bed till 9AM. On Conan listen for her to say somethin about he beau. Maybe-Maybe not you never know."

"RE: Mariska Hargitay by: SVU Boom Tech 04/13/2003 @ 06:57PM All I am saying is, she may say something to throw the heat off. She is chummy with the guys on the set. She is very very sweet to the women on the set."

"RE: Mariska Hargitay by: SVU Boom Tech 04/23/2003 @ 06:16PM I can't give out too much. I could lose my job. On the 24th Mariska will be mainly talking about her work with rape victims and the program she went through. She may not be traveling this summer, she may be doing a play. That is all I can say for now."

(Note: Turns out she *is* doing a play this summer)

"RE: Mariska Hargitay by: SVU Boom Tech 04/25/2003 @ 01:25AM Told you, she would say something about her boyfriend. She knows about this site.. and she is covering. He is a beard! TOLD YOU!... This is the first time she has really said the word "Boyfriend." She visits this site and is worried about her image. She was talking about it. THE HEAT IS ON! SHE EVEN SAID THE DREADED WORD LESBIAN! TOLD YOU! I AM THE SVU Boom Tech. I know!"

"RE: Mariska Hargitay by: SVU Boom Tech 04/27/2003 @ 07:30PM Whom ever asked about my job, don't worry about what I do. My legitimacy has been proven. I was right about the what time she would be on, on the Today show. I was right about her saying something about her boyfriend. And yes, that interview was set up more then days in advance. I didn't expect this backlash though. I think that is her posting by the way. Not here, but at the Switzer site. That correspondent Veronica is a hoax, their is no SVU correspondent. We are going to be off in a while so my gossip is going to be few and far between. I will keep my ears open."

"RE: Mariska Hargitay by: SVU Boom Tech 04/28/2003 @ 09:21PM I am pretty sure, her and Marisa T. had a thing. They traveled to Europe together on summer hiatus. To tell you the truth, she surpised me with the whole lesbian/fan story. I knew she was going to mention her boyfriend, as she knew about this site. But did hear through the grape fine about the fan incident. I think that was made up, seriously."

"RE: Mariska Hargitay by: SVU Boom Tech 05/07/2003 @ 10:13AM It's true! She went and begged for a boyfriend."

"RE: Mariska Hargitay by: SVU Boom Tech 05/07/2003 @ 09:20PM Lets just say she is hanging very close to Jodie Foster in that closet!"

From someone at TWOP who claims to be a lawyer in the entertainment industry:

"[...] I have seen her out a few times at some events and she looked a little tipsy and was hugged up with a female friend (more than once). It was a little while ago, but I seem to recall her having a friend sort of pushed up against a wall. This is no lie. She has done this more than once and she should focus on fixing that if she wants to kill these rumors."

From the fadedyouth blog in 2006:

Title: "TURN AROUND AND SMILE IF YOU'RE A LESBIAN"

"Mariska Hargitay was out to support fellow muff muncher Jodie Foster at the 'Inside Man' premiere after party at the Lincoln Center in New York City yesterday. Mariska's purse, Peter Hermann, was nowhere to be seen. Just the way the gals like it.

posted by arasto at Tuesday, March 21, 2006"

From that "Oh how sweet...." DL thread:

"mariska is a big ole les, my aunt went to the same high school in bel air as mariska

by: Anonymous reply 114 01/25/08 @01:22"

There are also gay men who have said they've seen Mariska's husband Peter in the gay bars or cruising men.

Here are just a couple accounts of several:

From an old DL Mariska thread:

"I am a gay man who lives in NYC, and I don't know if mariska is gay, but her husband sure is!

by: TRUST ME reply 266 12/25/06 @15:58

266 here, Peter and I met in a gay bar in chelsea bar several years ago, we did not fuck but he is definetly into men

by: Anonymous reply 268 12/25/06 @17:27"

From the IHSG? board on voy.com:

"You've missed the datalounge stuff I take it? Heh. Her husband hit on my buddy (male) so take that as you will. (NT) -- Rick, 08:36:12 10/04/06 Wed"

From the DL "Mariska rumor mill churning out some good ones" thread in 2005:

"1. Mariska and Peter have never consummated their marriage. 2. They have slept in separate bedrooms from day one. 3. They have a pretty extensive pre-nup. He gives her babies, she helps with his career. 4. He was tested to see if he was a good sperm donor candidate before they were married. 5. He was not allowed to have sex with anyone until she was pregnant. 6. All of Peter's lovers are to sign confidentiality agreements. 7. He is not to be seen with any potential love interests in public. All boyfriends must be brought home for Mariska's approval.

Word to the wise Mariska, NOT everyone is your friend.

by: Anonymous 45 posts 12/23/05 @17:22"

This is a firsthand account from an insider (by the name of Insider2) on the Hollywood insider thread:

Sep 2 2008
04:56 PM
Let me preface this by saying that it's one thing to be a closeted celebrity and it's another to be a closeted celebrity whose career and bank account makes a huge profit off of your "straight" life. That pisses me off.

About four or five years ago, just around the time SVU was starting to pick up in the ratings, Mariska began dating someone I know. They met at some sort of brunch for lesbians in NYC and dated for some time, about 4- 5 months roughly. Everything was going fine until a picture of them ran in The National Enquirer or one of these types of magazines. The issue wasn't so much that she was a celebrity and didn't want it to ruin her career, it's that she was not out to even her parents (well, her dad and stepmom). She told the girl they really need to keep it hush hush, no holding hands in public, etc and the girl was like are you kidding? We're both grown adults and I'm happily out. So they broke up.

You can imagine my surprise a couple of years ago when I found out that Mariska was engaged to man she was "so in love with" - who knows? Maybe she did suddenly meet a guy that she fell in love with - crazier things have happened. I was always a fan of both her and the show and I happen to know that she's a very sweet person who is simply adored by the SVU cast and crew (she's stunning in person and definitely pings, btw). I can't imagine the amount of pressure she faces as the highest paid actress on primetime television and growing up gay 20 years ago (even 10 years ago) was a lot more difficult than it is today.

However, when I started seeing her on the cover of magazines like "Good Housekeeping" and features in "Us Weekly" about her bridal shower it was just like, god, not only are you a famewhore, but you are completely living a lie (at least that's what I thought, especially after I googled her and found the Mariska debate club and saw that there was just soooo many other stories about her sexuality). Anyway, I was a huge SVU fan before all of this, loved her, so had a crush on her, but now I don't really tune in so much and I'm not really a fan.

Not to mention that there were those actually saying they'd slept with her. There was one claiming she slept with Mariska back in 1986, another who claimed to have slept with her right before her ER role, and another who claimed to have slept with her since her time on SVU, and in the past 2 or 3 years, I specifically remember another woman saying she'd slept with her. When the DL web archives are up, you will see more and more firsthand accounts and eyewitness stories about her. There are also some more good ones at the Mariska Hargitay Debate Club. And over the past few years, there have been plenty of insiders of which 99% say the same thing: that Mariska is a lesbian and it's an open secret in Hollywood. With as many rumors as there are about Mariska (rumors that have reportedly been around for 2 decades), I'm sure that there are lies out there. But with all the gay (male and female), straight, and bi people over the years who have said stuff, it is very unlikely that all these people are lying, especially when some of them (gay men and straight women) would have no reason to want Mariska to be a lesbian. For someone who was once merely a C or D list actress to have more gay rumors about her than some of the A-list suspected closet cases shows that it's not just people being "invested" or trying to wish her into being gay.

And even back during ER, people were saying that she and Grant Show were bearding. He also has his own gay rumors following him. People were also talking about how she frequented underground lesbian clubs and private all-girl parties in LA and she engaged in this behavior for many years. It just wasn't as big of a deal because she wasn't as famous then as she is now on SVU.

In addition to that:

A separate insider on the Hollywood Insider thread said this:

Sep 2 2008
05:40 AM
I've listened to this gossip long enough and will put my two cents in. To credit myself I will tell you that I currently work at Untitled Ent (UE for typing sake). Prior to UE I worked as an agent for WMA (William Morris Agency) and started off my career at Endeavor. So I have been around the block. To protect myself I will not tell you my name, initials, or any personal information that may jeopardize my career.

I will listen for Mariska news, but am almost certain she has had affairs with Bobby Flay's wife **her name escapes me at the moment.**

(I deleted the bits about all the other celebs as they are not relevant)

r448 in the Hollywood Insider thread:

"I remember hearing Hargitay=Lesbian rumors back when she was only known as Jayne Mansfield's daughter. I remember hearing about it and thinking it was cool that Mansfield's daughter was a lesbian.

To me, it's patently obvious that her marriage was one of mutual convenience for both parties. Her "husband" seems like the typical gay Hollywood actor. I suspect the only people fooled by it are the Good Housekeeping readers she panders to - what I haven't quite figured out is why she panders to them so desperately.

Endorsements? Closeted to her family like Marcia Cross? Yes, even rich, famous, Hollywood celebrities can still be in the closet with their conservative parents, and will beard up as much to convince their family they're straight as to convince their fans. Sometimes moreso."

Post 761 from the Debate Club:

Quote:

This was posted a datalounge recently, Maribel:

---------------------

I happen to know for a fact that she is a lesbian. How do you want
me to prove that fact to you? I can say it 'til I am blue in the
face and you still will not believe it. She is a lesbian and she is
a total closet case - deal with it.

---------------------

and this...

---------------------

As I have stated. I know Mariska is gay. I am not going to go into
HOW I know and the point is that no matter what I write here - those
who don't believe it never will. Peter is beard. Mariska is gay and
is deep in the closet. Actually, I really dislike her and I have no
reason to imagine her as being gay.

---------------------

and this...

---------------------

To the poster (not Boom, the other one) that assured us s/he knows
MH is a lesbian, are there any details you can share?
To my mind, the only way anyone would really know for sure is if
they've witnessed her in a compromising position or they have
personally kissed or slept with her. If it's the latter, what was
she like?

---------------------

and this...

---------------------

*tsk, tsk* a lady never kisses and tells... EVERYTHING. I have slept
with her a few times, it was amazing (though she isn't the best I've
had), and that's all you need to know.
I know I'm going to get flammed and I really don't care if some of
you choose not believe me...it's not like I'm benefitting from any
of this

---------------------

and this...

---------------------

I will not/can not answer any more questions regarding Mariska's
sexuality except to say she is gay. As I have stated no matter what
proof I offer it will the nay saying people on this board will shoot
it down. Peter is a beard. You people are naive these things
(bearding) are done all the time. No bearding actor is going to turn
down showing up for any event. You all don't know actors very well
now do you? (LOL). He will show up to any event that he is needed
for a photo op. That is the nature of bearding.

---------------------

and this...

---------------------

just to echo 3:27- having beards (both men with lesbians and women
with gay men) is so widespread and common in show business. and it
only makes it more convincing the longer they seem to be "together",
y'know? so, no, peter as a beard wouldn't get bored. he's getting
all sorts of free exposure through his "gf" who gets to go to tons
of photo op events.

Photos coming next...
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Candid shot of Mariska holding hands with Kelly Miller (LA Ivy restaurant in Beverly Hills 1/4/03)

Posted Image

Couple other pics from that day:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now people, this is the textbook definition of "hiding in plain sight." Mariska and Maria Bello at the 2004 Secret Window Premiere:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image (notice how Maria is affectionately grabbing Mariska's finger)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pic of Mariska and Peter at the same event for comparison; they couldn't look more bored with each other:

Posted Image

Direct quote from this post:

"For the person who said, "Imagine taking your beard to important events instead of your partner" this is exactly why you do beard...so you can go to events and be affectionate with your partner like any straight couple without anyone blinking an eye. Mariska knew the lesbians and anyone with half a brain would know exactly what was going on, but she knew that her fanbase and the naive wouldn't think twice about the affection between her and Maria as long as Peter was present as a cover of straightness."
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

More photos of Mariska and Maria from the 2004 Secret Window premiere:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mariska and Maria at the 2004 Writers Guild Awards:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Two pictures of Mariska and Peter that same night:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Direct quote from this post:

"Again, like at the Secret Window premiere, here Mariska is showing more affection for and interest in her 'friend' than the person she claimed was the love of her life..."
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Black and white photo Mariska used to have on her website:

Posted Image

Casual pic of Mariska lounging from 2001:

Posted Image

From the "Mariska Frenzy" DL thread:

"My whole point was that people are interested enough about Hargitay to go and look for information around the net/media etc. That automatically leads to discover that "all is not what it seems" regarding this actress. The information is there for those who care enough to go and search for it and it confirms the initial suspicion that she might indeed be gay.

People do not do the same amount of "research" about March because they are simply not interested in her life off camera. She hasn't got the pulling power or "gravitas"Hargitay has. She is not under the same kind of obvious scrutiny than Hargitay. March although apparently perfectly straight and projecting a flawless image of straightness, I personally can tell and I won't mention what I do for a living that there is something not quite right about her either.

by: r 93 reply 96 06/14/07 @13:27"

"r93, what do you mean? Do you think March is at least bi?

by: Anonymous reply 102 06/19/07 @01:23"

"I cannot elaborate anymore, don't want any "sticky" situations. Just let me say that some things are not what they seem. And yes! the words "ravishingly beautiful" and "gay" are not mutually exclusive

Think what you will

by: Anonymous reply 103 06/19/07 @14:23"

"March is more than bi honey, that I know. Mariska has dated her share of women to be sure, don't be fooled. She is a pussyhound! Believe what you will. That's all I'll say.

by: Anonymous reply 105 06/19/07 @14:45"

Interesting excerpt from a 2006 interview with Maria Bello:

Quote:

"If you notice, I'm not married, I've never been married," she says. Her husky voice still carries traces of Norristown, Pennsylvania, where she grew up Polish-Italian, the daughter of a construction worker. "The whole idea of monogamy is nonsensical to me. I suppose I understand the idea of a lifelong helpmate and friend. But when you have to stay sexually monogamous to this one person, I think it's usually a big fat lie. Read the statistics. Seventy percent of people are having affairs. And if they're not, they're jerking off to porn every night."

An interesting quote from Maria about sex with women:

Quote:

2. You aren't the only one who thinks that two women having sex is hot. If we haven't tried it, most of us have at least imagined what it would be like to kiss a pair of shiny red lips.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Ahh! This is great! I'm gonna post this link on L Anon so people will know where to go for all our Mariska chats now. :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I almost forgot to mention that a DL insider said that Mariska "got around quite a bit years ago."

He/she also said:

She was seen all over town with women and is now with a husband. I've heard she still has a long-time woman in the wings, but keeps this quiet for obvious reasons. It doesn't make her any less queer, just married. Though openly gay friendly, Mariska has gotten more conservative over the years and isn't treated in Hollywood with the reverence that she is on the lesbian boards. Mariska is pushing for more film work which may be part of her new, more wholesome image, but my money is on the one in the wings making waves eventually.

by: Actual Insider. Get Over Yourselves. reply 264 10/12/07 @03:40

This was from the "Who are the stars whose gayness is considered an "open secret" in Hollywood?" thread.

That's all for now. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Hey thank you OP for gathering all the 'evidence' and posting it here.

I think that SVU will be canceled this year (or that Mariska will quit) and afterwards she'll try to land a role (which will happen once and be a big flop). In a year or two no one will speak about her anymore and she'll divorce the beard quietly and she'll live her life even more quietly.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I agree, r7. A couple years after SVU, I don't think we'll be hearing much about Mariska anymore.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Am I the only one who thinks Maria's dress was practically falling apart in the movie premiere photos?

I guess Mariska just couldn't wait until after the movie to rip her clothes off.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Peter Hermann played Dr. Michael Burke on "Guiding Light" from 1997-1998. He was in 42 episodes.

On the "Peter Hermann, Marisa Hargitay's Husband is......" DL thread, someone said this:

A friend of mine worked on "Guiding Light" for about 20 years. He says Hermann's definitely gay and a really nice guy.

by: Anonymous reply 29 08/03/07 @01:11

Mariska and Kelly Miller from 2002, NBC 75th Anniversary:

Posted Image

Mariska and Kelly, Emmys 2005:

Posted Image

Kelly did not bring a male date of her own.

Mariska, Emmys 2006:

Posted Image

You can see Kelly has been relegated to the background. The beard is in the background, too. Again, Kelly did not bring a male date of her own.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

There were people who said that Mariska liked "leggy brunettes." This unidentified chick who she's hanging all over certainly fits the profile.

Diesel Fashion Show February 12, 2003

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

At the very beginning of the year she's still with Kelly, then she's with this chick, and then two months after the Diesel show, she's on Conan trying to do damage control and squash the gay rumors by talking about her "boyfriend," just like the SVU Boomtech said she would in advance of it actually airing.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

more Hardly-gay please!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mariska and Kelly, 2002

Posted Image

Mariska, Golden Globes 2005

Posted Image

Kelly can be seen looking on in the background.

Mariska and Kelly at the Luxury Lounge for the 2005 Golden Globes

Posted Image

As always, Kelly was without a male date that evening.

Mariska and Maria, amfAR's Fourth Annual Seasons Of Hope Gala 2/4/02

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

New pics
Unregistered

Here are a few pics of Mariska filming in NYC, 1/28/09 She returned to the SVU set that Monday afternoon (the 26th).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

She looks good.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Wow! She doesn't even look like she's been sick! She's a strong lady. :wub:
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

THANK you for putting in one place!

It's great to have a comprehensive list over the years. Especially for those tuning in after the Husband Hermann Disaster. ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

New pictures of Stephanie March and Mariska filming SVU

I wish Mariska hadn't grown her hair out again :-/
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Feb 11 2009, 08:01 PM
New pictures of Stephanie March and Mariska filming SVU

I wish Mariska hadn't grown her hair out again :-/
Love the new pics! Number #16 is my favorite.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Here is a tidbit from the "Lesbians and Mariska Hargitay" DL thread that was started in 2006:

I don't wether she is gay or not but regarding her husband:

He is such a queen. He used to hang out with his male friends at a popular spot in SoHo. A friend of mine worked there at that time. He said that they were checking out guys and giggled like little girls any time some hot looking stud showed up.

I wonder who's the MAN in that relationship... te he he he...

by: Anonymous reply 8 11/09/06 @03:04
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I know this is just speculation, but I thought it was pretty funny.

When I was reading Mariska's interview in the Jan. 2009 Ladies' Home Journal, I saw this quote:

Quote:

"Mariska has helped me through life-changing times but also helped me find the moments of celebration," Swank says. Hargitay and Swank became close three years ago, around the time she and husband Chad Lowe split. "She's a real girl's girl. She's not threatened by strong women, and that's rare in this business." Swank always stays over at Hargitay's home when she's in New York City. "Last time we literally sat in her closet till 3 a.m., talking, going through clothes, and laughing -- and she had a 7 a.m. call time!" says Swank. "She's my family." And Hargitay would have to agree. Friends are part of the fabric of her daily life. She and Hermann love to host dinner parties for their intimate circle, and he gives her all the girlfriend time she needs.

Yeah, I'm sure he does give her all the girlfriend time she needs. Just who is in their intimate circle? Peter and his boyfriend and Mariska and her gf (who just might be Hilary?) I also find it ironic that Mariska and Hilary became "close" when Hilary and Chad split. How convenient. Did Mariska just swoop in to comfort her or what? ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

And as a companion piece to the Hilary/Mariska speculation:

This is a scan of the November 2008 issue of Self:

Posted Image

Quote:

Hargitay gives credit for much of her happiness to the deep female friendships she's built over the years. She calls best friend Hilary Swank "my everyday-er." The two are in almost constant e-mail contact. "We're very alike in a lot of ways. If you're not living a certain life, it's hard for people to understand it. Hilary and I share the insane schedule, the relentlessness of it. We have this very special understanding, and in our friendship, I think we provide each other with something no one else can." Despite their packed calendars, the two make time to see each other as often as possible. "For my birthday, she took me to Paris," Hargitay says. "We packed into four days of friendship what could last six months."

Do tell, Mariska about these deep female friendships and this "something" that you provide each other with that no one else can...

Below are clips of Mariska and Hilary in Paris to celebrate her 44th birthday last year. Their four-day holiday was spent without Peter or August. Mariska only spent the "second half" in NY with them, as confirmed on her blog:

I had the most magical day. Spent the first half in Paris with my one of my best friends Hilary, and the second back in NY celebrating with Peter and August (it doesn’t get much better than that!)

Paris 1

Paris 2

Mariska posing with fans in Paris
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I'm also curious if the blind item from 2007 was Mariska and Hilary.

Quote:

WICKED WHISPER

1/06/2007

WHICH Hollywood star is having an lesbian affair with an actress in a long-running US TV series?

The pair pretend to like men but close pals know the truth...

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

This is a comment I saw about Mariska and Hilary on Sarah Warn's AE blog:

Quote:

Mariska Hargitay Moment
Submitted by
happykt (116 posts)
on February 25, 2009 - 11:17pm.

In the summer of 2007, I went to see Lucy Lawless (yes Xena!) perform a rock concert in the Canal Room on Broadway. After the concert, a whole gaggle of lesbians were gabbing about Lucy in front of the Canal Room, waiting for the bus to pick us up. As we waited, we tried to stay out of the way of the thousands of people streaming up and down the street. I was walking a bit down the sidewalk, to be with my friends, when I realized I coudn't get out of the way of a woman approaching me from the opposite direction on the sidewalk. As she came closer I thought, gee, she looks familiar. Suddently we stopped about two feet in front of each other, looked each other in the eye and I said impulsively blurted out looking deeply at this woman's dark brown eyes, "Gee, you look a LOT like Mariska Hargitay!" The woman looked a bit panicked and then shook her head up and down a bit and I realized yea gads, THIS WAS Mariska Hargitay! I immediately freaked out and said quite loudly, 'OH MY GAWD, ITS MARISKA HARGITAY!" Well, about 100 lesbians immediately whipped their heads in my direction and we all stared at Mariska Hargitay for several seconds. Mariksa immediately hightailed it out of there. As I was still going on and on about literally bumping into Mariska, when who should come back, but Mariska, clutching onto a woman's arm. Both were dressed to the nines in dresses and heels. Mariska saw us and held on more tightly to the arm of the woman she was escorting and ran across Broadway. It wasn't until they were out of my site that someone said that the woman with her was Hillary Swank! I thought that Mariska seemed very romantic and commanding leading Hillary around, and all I could think of in my head, "My, don't they look ... gay." LOL. I fantasized about the two of them for months.

I can honestly say I hit the lesbian icon jackpot that night seeing Lucy Lawless, Renee O'Connor, Mariska Hargitay, and Hillary Swank. TRUTH is stranger than fiction!

BTW, that interview was with Stephanie March about the possibility of a romance between Alex Cabot and Benson.

The blind item that someone posted above me was from the summer of 2007, too. Interesting.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The interview mentioned above from SW's blog @ AfterEllen.com:

In a press call today attended by one of our freelance reporters, Jim Halterman (who relayed the info to me), Stephanie answered similar questions — and was much more encouraging about the possibility of an Alex/Olivia relationship than I was.

First, when asked whether Alex Cabot is returning in a relationship or not, she said, "She’s on the prowl. She’s not tied to too many people."

On whether she's going to be prowling strictly for men, March replied, "I think we haven’t determined all of it yet. I think some of it’s still a mystery."

Finally, when asked whether Alex and Olivia are in love and just not realizing it yet, March answered, "I’m not saying we’re not...I’m not saying we’re not in love."

What's that noise, you ask? It's the sound of a million Alex/Olivia shippers having a heart attack at the same time.

Executive Producer Neal Baer acknowledged on the call that he and the writers are very aware of the lesbian following for March and Hargitay, and March added that the Alex/Olivia shipping doesn't bother her in the least. "I would make the vote on Prop 8 that would make your readers happy," she said.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 3 2009, 05:36 AM
The interview mentioned above from SW's blog @ AfterEllen.com:

In a press call today attended by one of our freelance reporters, Jim Halterman (who relayed the info to me), Stephanie answered similar questions — and was much more encouraging about the possibility of an Alex/Olivia relationship than I was.

First, when asked whether Alex Cabot is returning in a relationship or not, she said, "She’s on the prowl. She’s not tied to too many people."

On whether she's going to be prowling strictly for men, March replied, "I think we haven’t determined all of it yet. I think some of it’s still a mystery."

Finally, when asked whether Alex and Olivia are in love and just not realizing it yet, March answered, "I’m not saying we’re not...I’m not saying we’re not in love."

What's that noise, you ask? It's the sound of a million Alex/Olivia shippers having a heart attack at the same time.

Executive Producer Neal Baer acknowledged on the call that he and the writers are very aware of the lesbian following for March and Hargitay, and March added that the Alex/Olivia shipping doesn't bother her in the least. "I would make the vote on Prop 8 that would make your readers happy," she said.

For anyone who's interested, the SVU producers are now asking for viewer feedback about the question, openly asking, "Is Benson gay?" on their production blog. Weigh in with NBC at:

http://blog.nbc.com/laworder_svu/production_blog/hi_everyone_3/#comments
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Do we even care about her anymore? She's a big ole dyke and I think most people know.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 18 2009, 05:46 PM
Do we even care about her anymore? She's a big ole dyke and I think most people know.
... and those that don't know are the ones that will always say "oh no, she CAN'T be gay, she's married!" Blah blah, it'll go back and forth until Mariska finally has the balls to jump into the 21st century.

Yes, it's not much of a debate so much as it is a depressing display of Hargitay's internalized homophobia. But hey, the world keeps spinning for those of us who don't really care anymore either way.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 23 2009, 05:02 PM
Mar 18 2009, 05:46 PM
... and those that don't know are the ones that will always say "oh no, she CAN'T be gay, she's married!" Blah blah, it'll go back and forth until Mariska finally has the balls to jump into the 21st century.

Yes, it's not much of a debate so much as it is a depressing display of Hargitay's internalized homophobia. But hey, the world keeps spinning for those of us who don't really care anymore either way.
Someone on the Peter Hermann thread at DL claims that Peter is involved with a man on the set no SVU.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mar 23 2009, 10:22 PM
Someone on the Peter Hermann thread at DL claims that Peter is involved with a man on the set no SVU.
I know this is several years old, but your post caused me to do a google search and I found this here:

"January 4, 2005 8:05 PM
Cody says:

according to www.datalounge.com Ian Somerhalder is dating Peter Hermann (you know Marika Hartigay's new husband) I guess that means M's a lezzy."

BTW, this is the link to the new Peter Hermann thread on DL:

Your source is wrong, r13. Peter was fucking someone on the show, but it was Brad Wong. And Mariska knew and approved.

by: Anonymous reply 14 03/23/09 @14:36

(For those who don't know, B.D. Wong stands for Bradley Darryl Wong and he's gay).

And more about Peter:

Trust me, he is not straight.

by: Anonymous reply 17 03/23/09 @15:38

A friend of mine who was an extra on GL for many years supposedly knows someone (makeup artist or hair dresser, I forgot) who attended some cast event/party, and this person told him that Peter and Marty West pretty much spent the night chatting with each other then left the event together. Read into that what you want.

by: Anonymous reply 24 03/24/09 @15:14

Just putting this here now so it's saved. DL threads get deleted after a time period.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

It's hard to argue with those pictures. There is such obvious attraction, chemistry and excitement in the pictures of Mariska with Maria Bello. Look at the pics of Mariska and Peter, and it is the exact opposite. Boredom personified.
Quote Post Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · LadiesLounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: