Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Justbudgies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Well where is everybody; My little finch died yesterday
Topic Started: Jan 13 2014, 06:40 PM (369 Views)
Crazy Bird Lady

One of my and my only last hen zebra finch died today. Was sad. I went out of town overnight and she was sick so I packed her up and took her with me and set her up with heat lamps and hand feed and meds but not good enough, tried for 3 days then she died.

She was the mom to Dirty bit, Kikness and Fidget. One day I will get another but not right now. She was one of the original 10 or so from the lady who died in bradfort, thing is tho she was perfectly healthy and I think the big fat Norwich canary harassed her. I saw her jump on a perch and knock off one of the teeny gold breasted waxbills. So I think she has been bitchy and did that to the zebbie. They go down hill very fast if hen pecked. I wont have those canaries anymore and may sell the last two I have as I hate any nasty or aggressive birds. I can certainly do without them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VIOLET12
Member Avatar
Respected elder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Awww...What a shame so sorry for your loss. This has been a hell of a holiday season. Found some bloody feathers in the backyard this morning. Just didn't want to super inspect it so not sure what it came from. I feel like going back to bed. :(

cspags
Member Avatar
Respected elder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Maryann I am so sorry for your loss, you tried so hard to keep her going. Not sure why so few posts we were doing well for awhile. I will try to post some things later today

Crazy Bird Lady

Thanks ladies, I was sad for her she was a pretty hen. I also had JUST put out some suet for the birds, as a rare treat, wish I had not, not 2 minutes later went out to toss some seed chaf and saw a hawk take off from the ground byside the coop with a dead sparrow, took a pic of the blood on snow and all the feathers I was pissed off, wish I had not just tossed the seed and scared it off would have loved to ping it with the BB gun.

cspags
Member Avatar
Respected elder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I know hawks are only being hawks but it still makes me sad.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Finch banter and photos · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Vote For JustBudgies.org
at Best Bird Sites

Free Top Site