Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Justbudgies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Maryann - question for you
Topic Started: Apr 6 2013, 02:17 AM (556 Views)
Tishrei
Member Avatar
Respected elder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Take a look at this for human grade food made for dogs. Kelby has turned out to be the pickest dog I have ever met. Anyway, I am feeding her that food mixed with "taste of the wild" dog food and finally she's eating properly. Anyway, the Sojos, while expensive, is good food and human grade, organic. Since it is human grade and contains fruits and vegetables, I mixed it up for Ducky and added it to his food as well as the parakeets & Pippy. Well, they're eating it and love it and it's a way to get them to eat a variety of fruits & vegetables. I just add water as it's dehydrated and let sit for a minimum of 15 minutes.

What are your thoughts after looking at the ingredients? I only gave it to them today so should not be a big deal if you think it's not so good. If you think the ingredients are good, then I'll continue to give it to them mixed with their bird food.

I also mix it with Kelby's canned dog food (taste of the wild) and she's finally eating like she should.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VIOLET12
Member Avatar
Respected elder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm gonna take a look at that food Tish. Buddy is eating Wellness but even that is $15 to $18 dollars a med. bag. I might try a bag of the Sojos just to mix things up a little for him.

Crazy Bird Lady

Tish it all looks great, I read the ingredient list and if I were you I would call the company and tell them your intentions for the birds. The ONLY thing I have read before was not to give ur birds dog food "supplements" as it is too strong for them so if the supplemental part eg: calcium phosphate level is not too high in ratio for birds, then I would say ok. I would say less is more and do it sparingly to see if it did any harm. Eg: I put in pure alfalfa rabbit pellets into the pigeon feed as it is beneficial to the birds and they get some type of greens that they cannot get when they are not wild and penned up with breeders. But I ONLY get straight alfalfa and nothing else as the other alfalfa mixed food for either rabbits or rodents has all sorts of vits and minerals that I dont know are safe for the birds as per what I have read in the past. So glean what info u want from what I have said and do your due diligence and the best u can to keep them all fed and safe :) So far I have not seen anything blatently wrong but would question the level of the calcium and D3 thats all :)

cspags
Member Avatar
Respected elder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Its so great maryann that you are also here as such a source of information

Crazy Bird Lady

Thanks Cathy, I learn from you girls as well, Im glad we are hear for eachother, I have an odd story and will post it now on its own threat for learning purposes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Nutrition and Feeding · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Vote For JustBudgies.org
at Best Bird Sites

Free Top Site