Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Justbudgies. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
I just got poked in the eye
Topic Started: Feb 9 2013, 10:16 PM (330 Views)
Tishrei
Member Avatar
Respected elder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Chickens are FAST, kind of like Ducky. I was sitting down and one of the chickens jumped up on my lap for treats. I wasn't giving out treats. So the little SH*T poked me in the eye. My whole eye is bloodshot, there is a small pool of blood at the bottom of my lower lid. They eyeball seems fine except for the fact it is totally bloodshot. I can see out of it, doesn't seem to have injured the eyeball itself, at least as far as I can tell.

I'm wondering if I should go to the doctor so it doesn't become infected. The beaks are dirty. I have flushed it out with saline solution to help clean it. Does anyone know of anything else I can do to clean my eyeball?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Crazy Bird Lady

Tish send me a pic if u can of the eye. Go to drugstore and at the very least buy over the counter polysporin eye and ear drops or the pink eye drops, its the same thing but in a new package including that it treats pink eye but is EXACTLY the same as it was before.

Tishrei
Member Avatar
Respected elder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, I will do that tonight. It's hurting every time I blink -- like there's something in there but I know there isn't. I do NOT NOT NOT want to deal with an eye infection.

Oh, and the redness has subsided. It now hurts worse than it looks.
Edited by Tishrei, Feb 10 2013, 03:20 AM.

Crazy Bird Lady

U will know by morning if it is getting infected as it will be sticky and or crusty or even crusted shut. What a beating. I have had the pigeon do that but I was quick enough to avoid a full beating as u got. I would just keep them all away from your face. I dont let the bub near me anymore since my near poking lol.

Crazy Bird Lady

What u are feeling is probably abrasion or scratch from the sharp beak. Hopefully all will be well, just keep an eye on it, (no pun intended).

Tishrei
Member Avatar
Respected elder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks. My friend just went to the store to get me the drops.

Oh well, too bad I can't get it. He just called me from the store and you can't get that without a prescription. I guess it's different in Canada but apparently here in the U.S., for any type of antibiotic for the eye, you need a prescription.

I may go to urgent care tomorrow if it's not better.
Edited by Tishrei, Feb 10 2013, 03:51 AM.

Crazy Bird Lady

Well hopefully the saline rinse is enough, but she sure pecked hard enough for u to get blood spots.

Tishrei
Member Avatar
Respected elder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It was more than blood spots. There was a small pool of blood that leaked onto my face, kind of like I cried blood. Not a lot, but just a little that mixed with my tears. I wasn't crying, my eye automatically started producing tears. I immediately went into the house after she pecked my eye but I couldn't open my eye for a couple of minutes. It hurt that bad.

VIOLET12
Member Avatar
Respected elder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tish....whatever! get to the dr. don't fool around its your EYE! you need it let them take a look.

Crazy Bird Lady

I agree, I think if she broke any skin near the eye that bled, I would go to walk in clinic to be safe. But u mentioned u would anyway right, u were looking for alternative till today to get to docs right?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Off Topic · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Vote For JustBudgies.org
at Best Bird Sites

Free Top Site