Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the new home of the Dragonball IGNO Forum.

If you're reading this, the chances are you're an old member who's been around and remembers the good ol' days. Remember that one time, when that one guy did that thing? Yeah, me too. That was awesome. But enough reminiscing; that's what the DBIGNO Archive is for.

Now, whatever kind of member you are, new or old, you must be a lover of IGNO, or are just a fan of Dragonball as a whole looking for a new forum with a creative spin on things. More likely than not you're interested in fanwork and interactivity, because that is what this forum aims to specialize in.

Of course, we're a rich community that tries to offer more than just discussion of one little fanfiction or of Dragonball as a whole...other series, or even general Off-Topic discussion is incorporated, as well as (as discussed above) a focus on fanworks from members, and a little roleplay. Chances are if you're a fan of the Dragonball community there is something here for you.

So now that you know a little bit of what this board is about, we of the DBIGNO community invite you to come on in and enjoy the fun for yourselves.

Regards,

--The Dragonball IGNO Forum staff

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Browsers
Topic Started: Dec 7 2008, 04:35 PM (215 Views)
SG2
Member Avatar
Administrator
The internet of today's world has come a loooooooong way from the old days. PC, Mac...Hell, people are even surfing the web on their cell phones or game consoles.

So, how do you internets?

I'm a FireFox fan, personally. I'm a wicked whore for customization, and no other browser has as many add-ons as FF...though too many add-ons can, of course, glitch performance, I do have a handful of favorites I just don't feel comfortable surfing without (tab mix plus, multisidebar, piclens, downloadstatusbar, noscript, and the ever vital 4chan toolbar). I've even hacked the lab computers at school (which have admin locks, meaning no installs) to get FireFox whenever I use my student login, because I can't survive on IE6.

On my laptop I've got FF3, but I've got FF2 at home because installing it on my admin-locked home PC was enough of a chore, after downloading it on dial-up, no less...so it's just pointless to convert for a few more bells and whistles.

I also like Avant and Maxthon, which both render in IE6's engine, but have their own customized features. They're much faster and more secure than IE6, but IE6's engine is just too old and inefficient for handling many pages. Mostly, I use these IE-based browsers for certain sites that don't work properly in FireFox - most specifically, the Sony Music Japan website.

Recently, a friend informed some of us on the other IGNO forum of Google's new venture into the world of web browsers, with Google Chrome (you can find out more and download the beta at Google). I read the little comic on the download page, and test driving it, you can definitely feel the performance enhancement - even on my dial-up at home, it's amazingly fast because each tab runs its own processor, so entire browser crashes (which happens frequently with FireFox unfortunately -_-) are almost completely ruled out. Of course, it's still in beta, but I really think that when they finalize it, this is going to be one of the coolest browsers out there - it's kinda like a combination of FF and Opera, to me.

So, what's your favorite browser, and why?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Digital Age · Next Topic »
Add Reply