Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the new home of the Dragonball IGNO Forum.

If you're reading this, the chances are you're an old member who's been around and remembers the good ol' days. Remember that one time, when that one guy did that thing? Yeah, me too. That was awesome. But enough reminiscing; that's what the DBIGNO Archive is for.

Now, whatever kind of member you are, new or old, you must be a lover of IGNO, or are just a fan of Dragonball as a whole looking for a new forum with a creative spin on things. More likely than not you're interested in fanwork and interactivity, because that is what this forum aims to specialize in.

Of course, we're a rich community that tries to offer more than just discussion of one little fanfiction or of Dragonball as a whole...other series, or even general Off-Topic discussion is incorporated, as well as (as discussed above) a focus on fanworks from members, and a little roleplay. Chances are if you're a fan of the Dragonball community there is something here for you.

So now that you know a little bit of what this board is about, we of the DBIGNO community invite you to come on in and enjoy the fun for yourselves.

Regards,

--The Dragonball IGNO Forum staff

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Recruitment
Topic Started: Oct 6 2008, 10:55 AM (330 Views)
SG2
Member Avatar
Administrator
Alright, now.

There are currently 4 registered members.

Now, it IS a new board, and the old one was pretty dead as it was - our activity is noticeably limited, but that's all the more reason we all have to pull our weight to change that.

Everyone needs to go out and tell a friend about the board, and tell that friend to tell at least one friend, as well.

It'd be nice if those friends or friends-of-friends happened to have connections to Daizenshuu EX, if you get my meaning. I'm, uh...still too much of a n00b there and come and go far too infrequently to be worthy of plugging this amateur little forum and fic, which is why I had Lemmy doing my dirty work last time, but he's too busy to remember even that, so... *looks at Conan with a pleading glance* ^^;

Aaaanyways...members.

It's the most important thing for YOU all to do right now, in addition to filling the place up with posts...and I, of course, have the spruce the place up in general so that new members have somewhere inviting to come and not a half-finished empty forum they have no interest in sticking around for.

So...everyone get to work!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

littlegoten

hey if u wanna type up another slid for that vid i can easily do it again so people will come

SG2
Member Avatar
Administrator
I'm hoping to get this place semi-organized enough to be pulling members in over the upcoming Christmas break...hoping, because of course, I barely have time for anything right now... *sigh*

Still...any help I can get, I'll take.

Kane

I will do my best to help, but the only thing I can think of probably won't even be geared towards the proper audience.

I have a website I might be able to advertise it on, but it's not an anime website. It's an on-line literary magazine for young adult literature, and though IGNO is a great story, I have no idea how many people who go to the website even like anime or how many people look at my website. All I know is that it's a handful of people scattered in my home state and a couple states that my second cousin, whose a radio DJ, worked in.

I'm just having a hard time trying to decide whether or not it's too off-topic or obscure. If I had my blog up and running already, I'd just make a post about it, but it's not and I have no idea when it will be up.

If you have any alternative ideas as to how I can help, I'm all ears and I'll be happy to assist.

SG2
Member Avatar
Administrator
I appreciate the offer but I agree that it's probably not going to pull in the correct audience - that's the problem I had when I created the original IGNO and the reason the site now has absolutely no connection to the fanfic, because I was so excited about the place I just invited a bunch of school friends and it grew from there. Since the members I gathered weren't really into Anime to begin with, the site's focus shifted...something I don't want to happen with the second incarnation of the IGNO forum. ^^;

My only other suggestion, to you and everyone else, would just be to plug in any other DBZ or Anime communities you're a member of - such as, most simply, a link in your sig, possibly with a one-line description of the board (something like 'a Dragonball forum with a focus on fanworks'). Any Anime/DB forums that have sections for users to mention their own websites is also a good place, of course, a lot of boards have policies against that sort of thing - which is why the classic 'link in sig' thing is a good standby.

littlegoten

We just need to show that this place is active and people will want to come!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply