[x]Background Editor

Let the forum express you. Nova was designed for the purpose of letting you customize the theme at your will. Enter a URL below (or click advanced mode) and click the button to change your background. If you want the default background back, simply type "default" in the field below to change it back.
Advanced mode off.

||
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to the Downfall Parodies Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
How to make a Hitler Parody Video
Topic Started: Dec 29 2009, 06:48 PM (130,043 Views)
KakashiballZ
Member Avatar

This is a tutorial on how to make a Hitler Parody Video using Windows Movie Maker. There are other far better movie editing programs out there such as Sony Vegas and Apple's Final Cut, however I'm too poor to buy those programs, and too incompetent in acquiring them from torrents.

Follow these guidelines:

1) Download any one of the subtitle-free Hitler clips here: http://www.mediafire.com/downfallscenes

2) Open Windows Movie Maker - If you have Windows 7, you can download it for free from microsoft's website. Windows XP and Vista already have it.

3) Go to File->Import into collections. Select the subtitle-free Hitler video.

4) Drag the video clips in order to the timeline at the bottom of the window.

5) Click the magnifying glass to zoom IN on the clips. Notice the sound waves on the audio bar. These are very important in placing the subs.

6) Drag the line right before a sound wave, then go to Tools->Title and Credits-> Add title ON the selected clip -> Change Title Animation -> Select Subtitles.

7) Then go to "Change text font and color" and click the small "A" button two or three times. This shrinks the font of the subtitles.

8) Then select "Edit the title text". Enter the funny ass shit that you want Hitler or his goons to say.

9) Select "Done, add title to movie"

10) Go to timeline and adjust the duration of the subtitle.

11) Steps 1-6 only need to be done for the first subtitle entry. For all other entries, you can copy/paste the first subtitle and edit the text and duration of the subtitle.

12) After you are done with the video, go to File -> Save Movie File. This generates your video in .wmv format. (Note: Youtube does not recognize .wmm files)

13) IMPORTANT: Save your movie maker file so you can make a parody another day.

14) Upload the .wmv file to youtube.

Congratulations, you are now a bona fide Hitler Parody Artist. See my Hitler Parody Do's and Don'ts for advice.

-KBZ
Edited by hitlerrantsparodies, Feb 3 2010, 01:57 PM.
PM Profile Quote TopTop

bluerasberry
No Avatar

Hey,

I know almost nothing about video editing but I want to learn this and make it work.

It seems to me that the hardest part of this is matching the timing of the video with the subtitles. In your instructions above, you seem to be suggesting that I match the audio waves with the subtitles and manually place everything myself.

But is there not a better way? I was hoping that I could find a subtitle file that contained text and timings. I am presuming that such a file could be separate from the video then inserted after creation. I would like to just change the text in that, then associate that with the video rather than manually setting up everything. If all I had to manage was the text, it would save a lot of time. It can be done this way, right?

Where can I get a subtitle text file, and the proper cut of the scene that should accompany it?

Thanks.
PM Profile Quote TopTop

KakashiballZ
Member Avatar

bluerasberry
Jan 30 2010, 10:09 PM
Hey,

I know almost nothing about video editing but I want to learn this and make it work.

It seems to me that the hardest part of this is matching the timing of the video with the subtitles. In your instructions above, you seem to be suggesting that I match the audio waves with the subtitles and manually place everything myself.

But is there not a better way? I was hoping that I could find a subtitle file that contained text and timings. I am presuming that such a file could be separate from the video then inserted after creation. I would like to just change the text in that, then associate that with the video rather than manually setting up everything. If all I had to manage was the text, it would save a lot of time. It can be done this way, right?

Where can I get a subtitle text file, and the proper cut of the scene that should accompany it?

Thanks.
I know of no subtitle text file that you can insert.

You will only need to do the meticulous timing of the subtitles for your very first video. Once you save your WMM file, you can just change only the text of your subtitles and make new videos. That's how I am able to crank out tons of Hitler parodies without breaking a sweat.

It only hurts the first time. Good luck.
PM Profile Quote TopTop

Jazman111
No Avatar

Windows Live Movie Maker (usually pre-installed in some Windows 7 computers) work as well, I had no problems with it.
PM Profile Quote TopTop

Hitler Rants Parodies
Member Avatar
Epic Lee
bluerasberry
Jan 30 2010, 10:09 PM
Hey,

Thanks.
Even a subtitle text file would have to be set-up for the individual rants scenes all the timings would have to be figured out.

I do all my subtitles in Windows Move Maker 6 so I just did them manually but once its done with a scene the subtitles can easily be changed.
PM Profile Quote TopTop

cobysemail
No Avatar

1) Download any one of the subtitle-free Hitler clips provided by Elite Prime on this website.

Where is the download available? I don't see anyplace to download this...
PM Profile Quote TopTop

Hitler Rants Parodies
Member Avatar
Epic Lee
cobysemail
Feb 3 2010, 04:15 AM
1) Download any one of the subtitle-free Hitler clips provided by Elite Prime on this website.

Where is the download available? I don't see anyplace to download this...
http://www.mediafire.com/downfallscenes
PM Profile Quote TopTop

Frank
No Avatar

Thanks a lot! Been trying to figure out how to delete text from a Hitler video using Vegas so i can add my own. With these videos you put up for download i no longer need to figure it out.
PM Profile Quote TopTop

Hitler Rants Parodies
Member Avatar
Epic Lee
Yeah removing subtitles is impossibly if they are hard coded.
PM Profile Quote TopTop

Robert Tolhurst
Member Avatar

More info on How To for Windows 7 and WMM 2.6: (original in italics)

This is a tutorial on how to make a Hitler Parody Video using Windows Movie Maker. There are other far better movie editing programs out there such as Sony Vegas and Apple's Final Cut, however I'm too poor to buy those programs, and too incompetent in acquiring them from torrents.

You will need:

A modern PC with lots of RAM and oodles of free hard disk space (say 150GB +)
Lots of time and patience as a n00b
Broadband (I imagine cable is best)
A YouTube account (how to set these up is fairly intuitive but you will need that broadband link again and some cookies) (enable youtube.com and google.com)

Follow these guidelines:

1) Download any one of the subtitle-free Hitler clips here: http://www.mediafire.com/downfallscenes

These are an essential tool for the rant game aficionado. The clips are VERY large – e.g. the classic maproom rant scene is 53GB and it took me 30 minutes to download with broadband.

Kudos to “the guys” for providing these! you were truly excellent to one another with this.

2) Open Windows Movie Maker - If you have Windows 7, you can download it for free from microsoft's website. Windows XP and Vista already have it.

For Windows 7 I used http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=D6BA5972-328E-4DF7-8F9D-068FC0F80CFC&displaylang=en . Windows Movie Maker 2.6 (WMM2.6) (not sure if other alternatives exist). The software worked for me, no need to load anything else.

There are two views in WMM2.6 - a “Storyboard” view which you only need to set up the scene structure for your rant and a “Timeline” view that you use to create the subtitles for your rant. So you will mostly be working in “Timeline”.

The “Timeline” view is laid out in three areas:

top left for editing and adding text;

top right for the preview of the “movie” (like my banter, US pals?);

bottom for choosing where (i.e. when!) the subtitles will run.

There is a bar separating the bottom from the other two areas. Please note that if you drag the bar up to view your timeline, it will obscure hyperlinks in the edit box that you will need. There is a slide bar to the right of the bottom timeline area which you should use to scroll down to the “Title Overlay” bar.

3) Go to File->Import into collections. Select the subtitle-free Hitler video.

4) Drag the video clips in order to the timeline at the bottom of the window.

(In the “Storyboard” view. When you have done that, switch to “Timeline” view and stay there.)

5) Click the magnifying glass (third icon from left on horizontal blue bar) to zoom IN on the clips. Notice the sound waves on the audio bar. These are very important in placing the subs.

I couldn’t find these sound waves but I managed without.

There is a vertical “radio tuning” type line you can get if you click on the timings below the blue horizontal bar which tells you where you are in the film. When creating subtitles this line must be at the left of where the speaking starts.

6) Drag the line right before a sound wave( to the left of where someone speaks), then go to Tools->Title and Credits-> Add title ON the selected clip -> Change Title Animation -> Select Subtitles.

In WMM2.6 – Position the tuning bar. Then, from the menu at the top, click on Tools – Titles and Credits. Five hyperlinks appear at top left. Choose “Add title ON the selected clip” and type in your text.

There are now two crucial settings to make behind hyperlinks beneath the top left text editor box. You can scroll down to these. They can be obscured by the horizontal blue bar.

"Change the title animation" - this MUST say "subtitle" (halfway down the list)

7) Then go to "Change text font and color" and click the small "A" button two or three times. This shrinks the font of the subtitles.

"Change the text font and colour" - reduce text size by clicking on the box with the small capital A, In my case, I did this until the font was the smallest possible

8) Then select "Edit the title text". Enter the funny ass shit that you want Hitler or his goons to say.

In WWM2.6, we've already done this.

9) Select "Done, add title to movie"

Note that if we don't click on "Done" before returning to the timeline, the changes aren't saved.

10) Go to timeline and adjust the duration of the subtitle.

By dragging at the ends of the subtitle box (cursor goes red).

11) Steps 1-6 only need to be done for the first subtitle entry. For all other entries, you can copy/paste the first subtitle and edit the text and duration of the subtitle.

Not tried this yet. I think it involves working with the subtitle boxes on the timeline and treating them like boxes in a Microsoft Word picture.

12) After you are done with the video, go to File -> Save Movie File. This generates your video in .wmv format. (Note: Youtube does not recognize .wmm files)

Movie Tasks 3 - Finish Movie - Save to My Computer exports the finished product. NB WMV format is absolutely massive, select on the second page "Other settings, video for broadband". The maproom rant is still 14GB...but it's less than 53GB...

13) IMPORTANT: Save your movie maker file so you can make a parody another day.

File -> Save Project As. Maproom scene under 400KB!

14) Upload the .wmv file to youtube.

Congratulations, you are now a bona fide Hitler Parody Artist. See my Hitler Parody Do's and Don'ts for advice.

-KBZ

Oh and when making such a long post, don't use the board's editor, use Word or you might lose the entire post at 12.30am one day! (I speak from experience!)
PM Profile Quote TopTop

N1mitz95
No Avatar

When i click on the magnifying glass, this error pops up saying "The device is not responding. Close any other application that is using the device and try capturing again". Does it mean about the video scene i have downloaded?
PM Profile Quote TopTop

Electronic897
Member Avatar

Does anybody know how to do it on a Mac?
PM Profile Quote TopTop

Edudn001
Member Avatar

I'm having problems to post my videos because of the copyrights. I downloaded the scenes from that link ( http://www.mediafire.com/downfallscenes ) but I always receive an e-mail saying my video is property of Constantin Film and that it has been blocked. Only "Hitler is informed scene" is working. What should I do?
Edited by Edudn001, Jul 4 2010, 05:32 PM.
PM Profile Quote TopTop

ggctuk
Member Avatar

You can do one of two things:

1 - Dispute this claim. Details here: http://s1.zetaboards.com/downfallparodies/single/?p=243833&t=3140175 and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQTxZ_zxAv8

2 - Flip the video round horizontally so that the content no longer matches the content YouTube has there.
Edited by ggctuk, Jul 4 2010, 07:35 PM.
PM Profile Quote TopTop

Edudn001
Member Avatar

Thanks, ggctuk! :D
PM Profile Quote TopTop

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Downfall Parodies Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

>>Unterganger Chat
SOCIAL NETWORKS

View Stats