Add Reply
  • Pages:
Introducing...wait for it....the New Website!; disclaimer: beta version
Topic Started: Jun 23 2010, 09:00 PM (635 Views)
Lazlong
Member Avatar

Just a reminder that there is still space for art, and artists, on the Guild's website (just click the big ol' ART button on the main page). After a snappy registration, you'll have an account to put some of your best work in.

This will be useful in the future, as visitors who arrive, either store owners looking to work with us, or other visitors, will get to see what you can do.

Again, writers, please bear with me as I am still mashing out something for us.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lazlong
Member Avatar

I was at Chapters today, and I was wondering if there would be any value to our members, or if anyone thought it a good idea, to post links to an assortment of "How to draw" books I saw? In searching them out, I've also stumbled across some free pdfs etc. Seems like something to share with members and prospective members, but I am not sure if that falls within the Guild's specific mandate.

Responses appreciated in advance

The Kibosh
Member Avatar

I think that's actually a great idea, but maybe more 'comic-specific' books, like the ones by scott McCloud. We tend to recommend those particular books all the time. I'd say that it's very much part of the mandate. Thumbs way up!

Lazlong
Member Avatar

I've spotted how to draw comics, cartoons, manga, fantasy characters and creatures, scifi characters, robots, and machines, plus a few about other stuff. I'll link it all up this week as I do the One eyed monster spotlight update.

Lazlong
Member Avatar

23 August 2010 Updates
-----------------------------------

Spotlight has been updated with a feature on the One Eyed Monster exercise. Next exercise, I'd love to see even more art than that.

The Resources page has been updated with a few artists links and a writer link.

Michael Rosenplot
Member Avatar
yes THE Michael Rosenplot
Tsk tsk to those that didn't post your exercise. Wag of the finger. James, tip of the hat. If anyone needs their work scanned and posted after the next exercise let me know.

Lazlong
Member Avatar

also note the exercise concept posted in the "Exercises/contests" sub forum. If art scanning is an issue, I can offer my services. This exercise will run bi weekly with the intent to let artists and writers work their skills without any significant boundaries (rules to be posted by saturday).

« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith of themeszetaboards.com