Site Meter
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TTHC News Discography On Stage Timeline Doubletake Biography Fan Spotlight
We hope you enjoy your visit. We welcome all guests and sincerely hope you will join us and experience what being a member of our home offers! This includes full access to all of our boards and exclusives, plus full access to our vast media library. Once you become a member, you log in to Connections and all of our features are yours to explore and enjoy.

PLEASE READ: WHEN YOU REQUEST MEMBERSHIP, THIS DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY GIVE YOU ACCESS TO THE BOARD. MEMBERSHIP REQUIRES ADMIN APPROVAL, WHICH IS NOT IMMEDIATE. YOU WILL STILL GET THE "YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS" MESSAGE UNTIL AN ADMIN HAS APPROVED YOUR APPLICATION. WE ATTEMPT TO APPROVE APPLICATIONS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AFTER THEY ARE VALIDATED.

Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
9/29/17 BMW Music World News TAYLOR'S NEW SINGLE
Topic Started: Sep 14 2017, 11:57 AM (66 Views)
mouser
Member Avatar

Taylor Hicks to Release New Single 'Six Strings and Diamond Rings' 9/29

2. https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusic/article/Taylor-Hicks-to-Release-New-Single-Six-Strings-and-Diamond-Rings-929-20170914#

3. Music News Desk Sep. 14, 2017

American Idol winner and Platinum-selling soul singer Taylor Hicks will release "Six Strings and Diamond Rings" on September 29. The long-awaited single is Hicks' first taste of new music released in seven years and features a collaboration with Robert Randolph of 'Robert Randolph and the Family Band.'

The single is the first from Hicks' forthcoming album, set to release in early 2018 via SonyRED/Modern Whomp Records.

"I've always heard that for an artist to become successful you have to live and breathe the art that you are making. Six Strings and Diamond Rings personifies that for me in every way," says Hicks of his new single.

Recorded in Nashville at Zac Brown's iconic Southern Ground Studio and written by Jason Deer, Jo-Smith and Don Rollins and mixed by Jim Cooley, "Six Strings and Diamond Rings" is a glimpse into Hicks' journey through the years, with lyrics like:

Sometimes I dream of picket fence, a fridge covered in pictures and yard full of kids.

A woman who meant it when she said I do, then I wake up in a hotel room.

The Highway, ain't home for nothing but a heart ache. It just gets lonely and it still takes everything and more.

In my life now, a flame gets started but it burns out in the lights and nights of a new crowd, it's what I'm living for.

Love is just a song I sing, because six strings are hard on diamond rings.

In the midst of recording his new album and continuing to tour, Hicks has also been on the road hosting the INSP original series, State Plate, which airs on Fridays at 8:00pm Eastern. State Plate takes Hicks across the country in search of the states' most iconic cuisines. Hicks landed himself a feature column in USA Today after last week's stop in Missouri. The article increased viewership 25%, making it the highest watched episode this season. View the USA Today column here.

4. THE STORY OF SIX STRINGS :

5. Top 40 Chart ( Global Pop Sensations ) http://top40-charts.com/news.php?nid=129562

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mouser
Member Avatar

Billboard Article to Hear Taylor's Song

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/country/7980790/taylor-hicks-six-strings-and-diamond-rings-premiere

Taylor Hicks Returns With New Single 'Six Strings and Diamond Rings': Premiere
9/27/2017 by Chuck Dauphin

Taylor Hicks captivated viewers with his fifth season win on American Idol in 2006 with his blue-eyed soul stylings. Hicks takes a lot of pride in his music – and all things Alabama. He says whether you’re in his native Birmingham, the Hank Williams region of Montgomery, or Muscle Shoals in the northwestern part of the state, there’s something about his home state’s musical legacy to be excited about. In discussing the latter, Hicks says the town -- which has attracted artists such as The Rolling Stones, Cher, The Staples Singers and Gregg Allman, who cut his last album Southern Blood at the iconic Fame studios -- easily lives up to its musical reputation.

Gregg Allman performs at the King Biscuit Blues Festival on Oct. 12, 2013 in Helena, Ark.
READ MORE
'Blood' Runs Deep: A Look Inside Gregg Allman's Final Studio LP
“It amazes not only folks in the state, but also all over the world that such a small town in Alabama could be so important in rock n' roll history. It’s all pretty amazing stuff. Luckily, for all of us that love music, it’s captured on tape, and that’s something that we’ll always be grateful for as music fans, and the Muscle Shoals documentary was amazing too.”

After releasing his self-titled million-selling debut the year of his Idol win, and the follow-up, 2009’s The Distance, Hicks has been absent from releasing new music – until now. On Friday (Sept. 29), Hicks will issue a new single, “Six Strings and Diamond Rings.” Get an exclusive first listen to “Six Strings and Diamond Rings” here, and be on the lookout for a full album from Hicks in early 2018.

He says that even though he hasn’t been releasing music, he has been far from idle. “I haven’t released new music in about seven years. Living in Nashville and being in and out of there, I had been in studios writing with different people, and had recorded music that hasn’t been released. I’ve been in and out of studios in Los Angeles. But I always wanted the timing to be right to release my next project. There’s a lot of soul searching that you have to do, a lot of digging deep from a songwriter perspective to try to represent yourself as best you can as an artist. For the last seven or eight years, I’ve been writing and recording, but it took until this point for the stars to align. It’s time to release the new single, and I’m excited.”

What made him decide that this song – written by Jason Deer, Jo-Smith and Don Rollins – was the one to re-launch his career as a recording artist? He says the message is one that rings true – to him and others.

“I’ve been waiting on a song like this my whole life,” he beamed to Billboard. “I’ve had people tell me that you want to get behind a song that completely embellishes and is reflective of what you are doing at the moment, and how you are feeling at the present. This song embodies that. It’s my version of ‘Turn The Page.’ It’s a song that I think as all entertainers and musicians travel for their work and for their job as much as we do, I feel that this is the song for them. Six strings are hard on diamond rings. It’s not an easy gig, but it’s a song that signifies my life, and the road. It’s an undeniably great song.”

Hicks has maintained a high level of visibility over the past couple of years, hosting State Plate, a food and travel series that has just started its second season on the INSP Network. He says he is having a blast. “State Plate kind of draws from all of the food shows. It is a little bit of Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe meets Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. We go into a state and fill a plate up with food that is iconic to that state. We’re going from the farm to the table, we’re milking the cows, and I love it. If I’m being educated on state foods, I also know that the viewer is. It’s been a totally great experience.”

What has he learned from hosting the show that he can take away and apply to his own eatery, Saw’s Juke Joint, in Birmingham? “I’ve learned that everything takes a lot of love, and if you’ve got a lot of love to give, you need to do that – especially when you’re talking about food. A lot of these people I meet along the way embody the American food culture. They are the small farmer, or are the local restaurant owner. I love promoting that and educating people on that.” If a reader decides to make a trip to Alabama to visit his eatery, what would he recommend? “I would have to say the Sweet Tea Fried Chicken Sandwich. That’s chicken brined in sweet tea and pickle juice deep fried with pickles and Alabama white barbecue sauce.”

mouser
Member Avatar

Full Service 100.1
WJBD

http://www.wjbdradio.com/music-news/2017/09/28/taylor-hicks-returns-with-first-new-song-in-seven-years-says-american-idol-on-abc-is-a-perfect-fit

Taylor Hicks returns with first new song in seven years, says "American Idol" on ABC is a "perfect fit"
Posted on 9/28/2017 10:01 AM
SonyRED/Modern Whomp RecordsOn Friday, American Idol season-five champ Taylor Hicks releases his first new music in seven years: a song called "Six Strings & Diamond Rings." He admits some fans have "jumped ship" during his layoff, but hopes they'll return when they hear the song.

"I've seen some of them come back," he tells ABC Radio. "And now that the single is here, I'm excited 'cause I know the music's good."

The song is about the toll the music biz takes on your love life. "Every time...they ask me, 'Well, what's the title?' I say 'Six Strings Are Hard on Diamond Rings,' and they say, 'Wow, great title!'" he says. "It's very exciting for me to be able to play a song that has that kind of title and this kind of meaning."

As for ABC's reboot of American Idol, Taylor thinks it'll succeed because of another long-running ABC reality competition: Dancing with the Stars.

"ABC knows how to keep the audience, and...they know how to entertain the audience," Taylor says. "If it was on any other network, I would probably tell you that this was way too quick, this is gonna crash and burn. But the track record ABC has...I think it's a perfect fit."

Taylor also likes the judges: Katy Perry and -- rumor has it -- country superstar Luke Bryan. Katy's "a songwriter first and foremost," he says, and Luke is "just a heck of a nice guy" who'll have the best interests of the contestants in mind.

The single suggests Taylor's "Soul Patrol" sound has turned towards country, but he's not thinking about genre.

"Here's the deal: the song's undeniable, the title's great," he says. "I sing my butt off on it. It's got a great message. That's all I can do, from an artist's perspective."

mouser
Member Avatar

https://song.link/us/i/1287163779

AMAZON RANKING AS OF SEPTEMBER 29, 2017

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,296 Paid in Songs
#446 in Digital Music > Songs > Country

RANKING AS OF OCTOBER 3, 2017

#4,352 Paid in Songs
#533 in Digital Music > Songs > Country

mouser
Member Avatar

I Heart Radio

https://www.iheart.com/content/2017-09-27-new-music-report-week-of-october-2nd/#.WdLZAAC7QXE.twitter
New Music Report - Week of October 2nd
By Nicole Mastrogiannis, James Dinh & Isha Thorpe
October 2, 2017

Happy Monday! Kickstart your week ahead by checking out all of the new music that has just been released in this roundup of new songs, new albums, and new artists that you need to be listening to.

Taylor Hicks - "Six Strings & Diamond Rings"
American Idol season five winner, and singer/songwriter Taylor Hicks has finally returned with some new music. Taylor last released an album eight years ago, back in 2009, but has now dropped a new single titled "Six Strings & Diamond Rings." Hicks told Billboard of his new song:

"I've been waiting on a song like this my whole life. I've had people tell me that you want to get behind a song that completely embellishes and is reflective of what you are doing at the moment, and how you are feeling at the present. This song embodies that. It’s my version of 'Turn The Page.' It’s a song that I think as all entertainers and musicians travel for their work and for their job as much as we do, I feel that this is the song for them. Six strings are hard on diamond rings. It’s not an easy gig, but it’s a song that signifies my life, and the road. It’s an undeniably great song."

mouser
Member Avatar

Taylor Hicks steps into country with new single
Posted by Bob Paxman on October 17, 2017
http://sportsandentertainmentnashville.com/taylor-hicks-steps-into-country-with-new-single/

Taylor Hicks, the Season 5 winner of “American Idol,” realizes that it’s been a long time between singles. Seven years, in fact. But the wait is over for the popular “Idol” alum with the release of his new single, “Six Strings and Diamond Rings.” The song also marks Hicks’ maiden leap into the country genre after several years on the pop scene.

“I think I was patient about waiting for the right song to come along,” says Hicks, when asked about the seven-year gap. “And obviously, I was waiting for the right time to release it. I felt that this was a good time to do that.”

His early sound combined elements of soul and R&B, and he dazzled the “Idol” judges during his 2006 stint with covers of classic hits like “Takin’ It to the Streets,” “Jailhouse Rock,” and “Try a Little Tenderness.” His hottest singles, including “Do I Make You Proud?” and “Heaven Knows,” which sampled Ray Charles’ “What’d I Say” and Marvin Gaye’s “Ain’t That Peculiar,” all landed in pop territory.

Hicks hasn’t abandoned his trademark soulful sound, just transitioning it to a different genre. He feels that “Six Strings and Diamond Rings” is the perfect vehicle for country success. “My goal was to find a great song that creates a great picture,” he says. “This song really tells a good story. Emotionally, it strikes a chord and rings true to life. It takes a long time to find songs with those storylines that can play out and be able to touch people in their own lives.” Hicks adds that the production strikes the right sonic balance “I wanted it to sound a little old school and a little modern at the same time,” he explains. “I think we accomplished that.”

Hicks’ latest single, “Six Stings & Diamonds Rings” is his first single to country radio. PHOTO COURTESY OF WEBSTER PR
The single is part of a more expansive album project, which Hicks hopes to release in the early part of 2018. “It’s getting there. I still have some work to do,” he says, smiling. “I’m still in the process of looking for a few more songs. But most of the record is done.” What he has “in the can” so far comes from his own creative mind. “I have written a lot on this record,” Hicks says. “What’s great about this project is that it is a true representation of who I am as an artist.”

Hicks has called Nashville home for the past 10 years and has made enough of the Music Row rounds to establish the right songwriter contacts. For the upcoming album, he’s collaborated with some of the Row’s finest, while also writing solo. “Luckily, I have been able to corral some of the really top writers here,” he laughs. “I always pick up things from them.” Above all, he’s learned the basic No. 1 rule that all aspiring writers in Nashville eventually grasp: don’t come to a writing session with an empty slate.

“The most disrespectful thing you can do is not have a song idea,” he says with a notable respectful air. “It can be a bad idea, but that’s all right. I was shown that by writers in this town. You don’t necessarily have to have a title or the complete outline of the song. But come in at least with an idea.”

As Hicks puts the final touches on the album, he stays engaged with fans as host of the popular INSP food-centric TV series, “State Plate.” The show follows Hicks as he treks across the U.S. seeking out iconic, unique, and savory cuisine from every state. “It’s always fun traveling the country,” says the Alabama native, “but this is a pretty interesting way to do it. I mean, I never thought I’d milk a cow in Wisconsin, or anywhere for that matter. It’s a very educational show and very family-friendly.” You can treat your taste buds to “State Plate” Fridays at 8 p.m. [ET] on INSP.

Hicks was crowned the winner of “American Idol” during season 5. PHOTO COURTESY OF WEBSTER PR
Hicks hasn’t exactly been idle since his “Idol” win, even with the lengthy hiatus between albums. In between recording and the TV series, he still manages to work in road dates and concerts. A full plate, for certain, but that’s what he prefers.

“This is what I always thought I ought to be doing,” he says with conviction. “When you have a calling, it’s not work, it’s your duty. Now, there have been some instances where the calling has been tested. But I find that just when you start questioning the calling, something’s always happened where there has been this opportunity that kept the train rolling down the tracks. It’s not been easy, but you work as hard as you can.”

mouser
Member Avatar

Dec. 7, 2017

Posted Imagecredit image to Nadine Sandauer

mouser
Member Avatar

RockandReview17
Published on Nov 1, 2017

Taylor Hicks, an American Idol alumni and gifted singer/songwriter, stopped by the Rock & Review to talk about his new Country Music single "Six Strings & Diamond Rings." Hicks is touring in support of the song and pending album, plus lots of other fun projects and Harmonica playing!

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Taylor's Publicity 2017 · Next Topic »
Add Reply