Site Meter
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TTHC News Discography On Stage Timeline Doubletake Biography Fan Spotlight
We hope you enjoy your visit. We welcome all guests and sincerely hope you will join us and experience what being a member of our home offers! This includes full access to all of our boards and exclusives, plus full access to our vast media library. Once you become a member, you log in to Connections and all of our features are yours to explore and enjoy.

PLEASE READ: WHEN YOU REQUEST MEMBERSHIP, THIS DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY GIVE YOU ACCESS TO THE BOARD. MEMBERSHIP REQUIRES ADMIN APPROVAL, WHICH IS NOT IMMEDIATE. YOU WILL STILL GET THE "YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS" MESSAGE UNTIL AN ADMIN HAS APPROVED YOUR APPLICATION. WE ATTEMPT TO APPROVE APPLICATIONS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AFTER THEY ARE VALIDATED.

Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
10/21/17 Danbury, CT The Palace
Topic Started: Aug 10 2017, 07:24 AM (69 Views)
mouser
Member Avatar

Saturday, October 21, 2017 8:00 PM

Posted Image

The Palace
165 Main Street
Danbury, CT 06810

Posted Image

TICKETS: $40.00 - REGULAR - Regular Price
$50.00 - PREMIUM - Regular Price

203 794-9944 Tickets & info here: http://tinyurl.com/y9hug9vf

SEATING CAPACITY: 389

SEATING CHART:

Posted Image

THE VENUE : Posted Image

Opened on September 6, 1928, this 1,999 seat theater features a classically designed auditorium with a long oval lobby with Corinthian columns and a nice balustrade, and a large Carrera marble statue. By 1941 it was operated by Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp.

It was triplexed some years back in an effort to stay alive(orchestra divided down the middle, balcony walled off into separate screen).

Sadly, it closed in 1995, but in 2008, the owner Joe DaSilva announced plans to renovate and reopen a restored Palace Theatre as a single-screen venue for performing arts and movies.

To this end, significant initial renovations were done – repainting in lobbies, auditorium seats cleaned, and new carpeting installed in time for the Palace Theatre to host a portion of the Connecticut Film Festival in May 2008.

Posted Image

Further renovations will come as it is restored into a single-screen venue for performing arts and movies.

DIRECTIONS :

HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS :

Hotels: https://www.hotels.com/de1409948/hotels-danbury-connecticut/?PSRC=G21&dateless=true&destinationid=1409948&locale=en_US&pos=HCOM_US&rffrid=sem.hcom.US.google.003.00.02.s.kwrd=c.177171051829.5253162149.113996429.1t3.kwd-19814179756.9012074..%2Bhotels%20%2Bdanbury.EAIaIQobChMItqj5m6m71gIVEFgNCh1crg4GEAAYAyAAEgKSQfD_BwE.aw.ds&semid=5253162149.113996429.1t3.kwd-19814179756.9012074..%2Bhotels%20%2Bdanbury&gclid=EAIaIQobChMItqj5m6m71gIVEFgNCh1crg4GEAAYAyAAEgKSQfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Restaurants: https://www.google.com/search?q=restaurants+near+the+Palace+theatre+in+danbury+ct.&oq=restaurants+near+the+Palace+theatre+in+danbury+ct.&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3810.6763.0.7354.16.15.0.0.0.0.275.1866.0j8j3.11.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..8.0.0....0.3scmDG_6sJM

OPENING ACT: Amanda Ayala‏

Posted Image

Amanda Ayala is an American singer from New York who made her first appearance on the national scene on NBC's Emmy Award-winning show The Voice. Her first performance on the show was a rendition of Mississippi Queen by Mountain (band). Three out of the four judges on the panel turned their chairs for Amanda, including Pharrell Williams, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine. Ayala chose to join Team Adam where she was mentored by John Fogerty. Amanda also performed a rendition of Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks. Both of Ayala's singles charted on the iTunes Rock Charts. Her performances garnered attention from stars like Brad Paisley and Leslie West via Twitter. Her audition video has over 1.2 million views and counting.

Her genres include , Pop, Rock, Alternative
As a Singer, Songwriter, Musician she has been active since 2015. Her label is Republic Records and she has been associated with Adam Levine, Blake Shelton and Leslie West

Posted ImageWith her Rocker partner.

MEDIA:

1. OCTOBER 17, 2017 — WWW.IMMODIUMABUSER.COM
CelebriTuedays: Taylor Hicks on me he picks…

https://immodiumabuser.com/2017/10/17/celebrituedays-taylor-hicks-on-me-he-picks/

In case you haven’t realized it yet, I take my stalk lunch break in the afternoon and have now made a few friends that actually do it full time. As I was chatting it up with them, one of those stalker buddies said “I can’t believe you don’t want to ask for a picture with an American Idol?” (He won season 5 for those that aren’t part of the Soul Patrol which is his posse of fans and not to be confused with Paw Patrol which are just puppies that protect Adventure Bay.)

“What are you talking about? Where?”

“That’s Taylor Hicks.”

Apparently, I was asleep at the switch again and needed a map to look over as he was just casually walking by. (He’d already gotten a picture with Taylor earlier on his way into visit the Sirius studios)

“Excuse me, would you mind taking a picture with me?” I asked and put my phone on selfie mode and he looked at me, smiled and then said “Why don’t I take it instead? I’m much taller so it’ll look better.”

OK, so no one likes a smart ass Taylor, but full disclosure (and I’m quoting the scholar Mona Lisa Vito here) you were “dead on balls accurate!” He actually is much taller than me and the picture really does look better than some of the selfies I’ve taken. OK, it looks better than pretty much all of the selfies I’ve taken even though I look like someone stole my toupee and ran off.

This might be a new selfie strategy for me instead of carrying around a kid’s potty stool to stand on – I might just ask the taller person take the photo from now on. Granted, not everyone is as cool as Taylor was to stay and chat, but I’m gonna try. The last thing I need is for another picture to come out looking like this one of me and NBA star Jason Collins:

Short apparently isn’t my only problem: one of the ladies I work with took one glance at the picture of us and said “how is it that this guy who’s full grey looks so much better? At least this picture looks better than your usual ones.” I guess it’s just the universe’s way of reminding me that being funny is a reward unto itself. Or at least that’s what I’ll say when I cry myself to sleep at night…Either way Taylor, thank you and here’s to hoping they end up making you a judge on the new American Idol reboot!

CAST OF CHARACTERS:

John Kulcinich - guitar
Amanda Ayala - vocal - for several numbers
Nick Sochan - bass - for several numbers

SETLIST:

House of the Rising Sun
Six Strings and Diamond Rings
Maybe You Should
In The Ghetto
Seven Mile Breakdown
Hell of a Day

SOUL PATROL MEMORIES :

Posted Imagecredit to nonamemomma

House of the Rising Sun : credit to Liz Green

Seven Mile Breakdown: credit to Allison

In The Ghetto: credit to Allison

1. Marina M
@TaylorHicks Awesome show tonight at The Palace Theater at Danbury! Thanks so much!

2. Paul Tormey
@TaylorHicks a great night at the Danbury Palace (4th time for us!) “cleanup in aisle 4!”

3. Allison Grooms
( He forgot his harmonicas )Now he can't say anything when I forget my ticket, lol! He did have the one he carries with him and gave a great solo during his Wheezy moment! Somebody dropped a cup and he yelled "Cleanup on aisle four!" He started playing Hell Of A Day and cracked himself up and had to stop playing, lol! A little later he said he had grew an ovary while being on Broadway. The crowd loved him!
-----During the meet and greets before the show, he filled in for the missing bartender, lol!Posted Image

Posted Imagecredit to Marina M.

Posted Imagecredit to Sherry Kline

Posted Imagecredit to Linda Thomsen

Six Strings : credit to Allison

Posted Imagecredit to Bethany

4. michael_yedowitz
Awesome show! Posted Image

Posted Imagecredit to Carole Pettibone

Posted Imagecredit to Gretchen

Posted Imagecredit to Gretchen

Posted Image

Posted Imagecredit to Jennifer Lynn Tarantino‎

Maybe You Should: credit to Liz Green

Posted Imagecredit to Andrea Borgelt

Credit to RPRusso Photography

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hell of a Day : credit to ATF

[flash]/https://www.youtube.com/embed/5zwhgRHnGoM[/flash]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · 2017 Taylor Hicks Reigns Supreme · Next Topic »
Add Reply