Site Meter
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TTHC News Discography On Stage Timeline Doubletake Biography Fan Spotlight
We hope you enjoy your visit. We welcome all guests and sincerely hope you will join us and experience what being a member of our home offers! This includes full access to all of our boards and exclusives, plus full access to our vast media library. Once you become a member, you log in to Connections and all of our features are yours to explore and enjoy.

PLEASE READ: WHEN YOU REQUEST MEMBERSHIP, THIS DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY GIVE YOU ACCESS TO THE BOARD. MEMBERSHIP REQUIRES ADMIN APPROVAL, WHICH IS NOT IMMEDIATE. YOU WILL STILL GET THE "YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS" MESSAGE UNTIL AN ADMIN HAS APPROVED YOUR APPLICATION. WE ATTEMPT TO APPROVE APPLICATIONS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AFTER THEY ARE VALIDATED.

Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Concord, NH 08/17/2007; Capitol Center for the Arts
Topic Started: Oct 20 2008, 06:41 AM (2,084 Views)
mouser
Member Avatar

Builded he New Hampshire glorious
From the borders to the sea;
And with matchless charm and splendor
Blessed her for eternity.
Hers, the majesty of mountain;
Hers, the grandeur of the lake;
Hers, the truth as from the hillside
Whence her crystal waters break
Dr. John F. Holmes

August 17 Friday 8:00

Posted Image

Capitol Center for the Arts
44 S. Main St.
Concord, New Hampshire 03301

603-225-1111

TICKETS: Pre-sale on Monday, April 30th
Pre-sale starts on Monday, 4-30 at 10am EST and ends on Friday, 5-04 at 5pm EST.

Balcony - $39.00
Orchestra/Mezzanine - $59.00

Tickets go on sale Monday, April 30 at 11 am. Premier Seating held for CCA Members.
Sponsors:
» Presented by 7th Chakra Entertainment

SEATING CAPACITY: 1310

Posted Image

HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS
:

The Capitol Center for the Arts is proud to recommend the following fine restaurants and hotels, all of which support the Center through our corporate membership program. We encourage you to patronize these establishments and thank them for their support of the Capitol Center. For more information about our corporate membership program, visit the Corporate Sponsorship Page.

Hotels

Concord Comfort Inn
Ask for the CCA rate!
71 Hall Street, Concord, NH 03301 ~ (603) 226-4100

Concord Courtyard by Marriott
Full-service hotel. Shuttle service available to and from Manchester Airport and Capitol Center.
70 Constitution Avenue, Concord, NH 03301 ~ (603) 225-0303

Hampton Inn
Ask for CCA rate! Includes free continental breakfast w/hot items; indoor pool
515 South Street, Concord / Bow, NH 03304 ~ (603) 224-5322

Holiday Inn
172 North Main Street, Concord, NH 03301 ~ (603) 224-9534

Restaurants
Alan's of Boscawen (the Concord Alternative)
133 North Main Street, Boscawen, NH 03303 ~ (603) 753-6631

Beijing & Tokyo
61 South Main Street, Concord, NH 03301 ~ (603) 228-0888

Cheers
17 Depot Street, Concord, NH 03301 ~ (603) 228-0180

The Common Man
Exit 13 off I-93, Concord, NH 03301 ~ (603) 228-3463

Country Spirit Restaurant
68 Maple Street, Henniker, NH 03242 ~ (603) 428-7007

Hermanos Cocina Mexicana
11 Hills Avenue, Concord, NH 03301 ~ (603) 224-5669

Kansas City Steakhouse
at the Holiday Inn, 172 North Main Street, Concord, NH 03301 ~ (603) 224-0400

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
1 Bicentennial Square, Concord, NH 03301 ~ (603) 224-2821

Red Blazer Restaurant & Pub
72 Manchester Street, Concord, NH 03301 ~ (603) 224-4101

THE VENUE:

Posted Image

The Soul Patrol is rolling into Concord, NH! Taylor Hicks, 2006 American Idol winner is bringing his own soul-blues music to the Capitol Center for the Arts.

Opened in 1927, the Capitol Theatre was a prime stop on the Vaudeville circuit, and, later, Concord's premier movie house and concert hall. Over the years, however, the theater slipped into disrepair and in 1989 it was closed.

With $4.2 million raised in support by the newly formed, non-profit Capitol Center for the Arts, and 250 volunteers contributing over 3,000 hours to paint and restore the Egyptian-motif artwork, the renamed theater was opened in November 1995. The Chubb Theatre was named in recognition of the project's largest benefactor, Chubb Life.

The 1,310-seat theater is now equipped to present many of today's lavish Broadway shows. It has been modernized with new heating, air conditioning, electric and plumbing systems, handicapped accessibility including an elevator, a new lobby and vestibule, computerized box office system, updated backstage facilities and restored seats.

The Capitol Center's mission is to be a resource for the entire community. Accordingly, the Center has presented a wide mix of high-quality events, including Broadway shows, dance performances, pop and country stars, family shows, international performances, school-time shows and business conferences and seminars.

Today, the Capitol Center for the Arts is the largest and most successful performing arts center in New Hampshire and has helped position Concord as a cultural destination. Its richly varied programming attracts diversified audiences. Broadway, ballet and country & western fans alike travel from all over New England to attend performances at the Capitol Center.

The Capitol Center educational programs attract some 25,000 school children a year from throughout New Hampshire. Educators and parents prize the school-series performances, teacher workshops, outreach activities and symposia on such topics as racism and intolerance. Working with local and state educators, the Capitol Center has successfully linked the school series to statewide curricula goals, making the programming even more valuable. Tickets and rental rates are kept affordable, subsidizing nonprofit organizations and school children.

Each year, approximately $10,000 in tickets are donated to organizations serving disadvantaged children and families, including the Concord Boys and Girls Club, the Concord Housing Authority, Child and Family Services, the Friends Program, Merrimack Valley Day Care, The Children's Place and the Senior Companion Program.

The Capitol Center also houses The Governor's Hall, a full-service function room that can accommodate up to 350 guests, and the adjacent Kimball House, a Victorian mansion featuring a stately, formal dining room and board room.

SETLIST:

Give Me Tonight
Heart and Soul
-Cleaning Windows ( Van Morrison )
- Brown Eyed Handsome Man ( C. Berry )
- You Don't Know Like I Know ( Sam and Dave )
Compared To What
Just To Feel That Way
My Friend
Wherever I Lay My Hat
-Night Shift ( The Commodores )
Lowdown ( Boz Scaggs )
Gonna Move
- Instrumental duet
- Minute by Minute ( Doobie Brothers )
Naked In The Jungle ( Van Morrison )
- Speak out, speak out, speak
- Grazin In The Gras ( Hugh Masakela )
The Deal
Heaven Knows
- What'd I Say ( R. Charles )
- Instrumental Solo
The Maze
-That's Where its At ( Sam Cooke )
- It's A Wild World ( Cat Stevens )
The Right Place
The Runaround
- When The Saints Go Marching In ( Louie Armstrong )
- Big Boss Man ( riff )

ENCORE:

Same Old Lang Syne ( Dan Fogelberg )
Soul Thing
- We're Gonna Move ( Elvis Presley )
- EastBound and Down ( Jerry Reed )

REVIEW AND MEDIA:

SOUL PATROL MEMORIES:

1. grimsby5
He was just awesome. There was dancing, interacting with the crowd, and an awesome, awesome stool song. OMG I think some of us nearly dropped during that stool song. You could have heard a soul patroler wheeze (I just hate the "pin drop" cliche)

Posted Imagecourtesy of grimsby5

He was out at the busses before the show, after the show, and again after the show, signing stuff and just talking to us. Just talking and laughing with us. So very cool.

2. Littleone

It was very mixed. Lots of couples and of all ages. We were talking with a young couple (well young to me) of 27 years old and they love Taylor. Said they couldn't stand the music of today and both thought that in 10 years Taylor will be the most sought after artist out there.

Posted Image The vibrating cowbell :courtesy of carolina

3. MJ
His live show is fabulous. The tour ends in September, at which time he says he’ll be planning his next album.... I say forget Adult Contemporary and go for Adult Alternative with the next album. There’s no doubt in my mind Taylor could gain a broader fan base with the right material.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Bus Stops Here Too · Next Topic »
Add Reply