Site Meter
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TTHC News Discography On Stage Timeline Doubletake Biography Fan Spotlight
We hope you enjoy your visit. We welcome all guests and sincerely hope you will join us and experience what being a member of our home offers! This includes full access to all of our boards and exclusives, plus full access to our vast media library. Once you become a member, you log in to Connections and all of our features are yours to explore and enjoy.

PLEASE READ: WHEN YOU REQUEST MEMBERSHIP, THIS DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY GIVE YOU ACCESS TO THE BOARD. MEMBERSHIP REQUIRES ADMIN APPROVAL, WHICH IS NOT IMMEDIATE. YOU WILL STILL GET THE "YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS" MESSAGE UNTIL AN ADMIN HAS APPROVED YOUR APPLICATION. WE ATTEMPT TO APPROVE APPLICATIONS AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE AFTER THEY ARE VALIDATED.

Thank you.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Clearwater , FL 08/24/2007; Ruth Echard Hall
Topic Started: Oct 20 2008, 06:14 AM (664 Views)
mouser
Member Avatar

In dear old sunny Florida, the land of showers,
"Twas there I met her, sitting 'mong the flowers,
Among the orange blossoms I long to roam,
In dear old sunny Florida, my Southern home.

Theo Lyon / Clifton Keith

August 24 Friday 8:00

Posted Image

Ruth Eckerd Hall
1111 N. McMullen Booth Rd.
Clearwater, Fl

727-712-2759

TICKETS: Pre-sale at THHQ begins 5/23 at 10:00 EST

$22.00 - $38.50

Grossed $49,434
1,036 / 1,962
1 / 0
$49.50, $39.50
in-house

SEATING CHART: 2180

Posted Image

HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS:

Tampa is but a 30 minute( max ) drive from Ruth Eckerd. There is at least one hotel on rt. 60 ( the causeway ) going from Clearwater to Tampa and takes about 15 mins. to get to from Ruth Eckerd. If anyone is going to Orlando following the Clearwater performance, Tampa may be the place to stay overnight.

http://hotel-guides.us/florida/ruth-eckerd...-fl-hotels.html hotels

http://www.rutheckerdhall.com/Plan_Your_Vi...restaurants.cfm dining

THE VENUE:
Posted Image
Ruth Eckerd Hall was nominated one of the top five concert halls in the United States by a nation-wide industry poll of technicians, artists and their management.
It comfortably seats 2,180 for concerts, recitals, plays and special events. In addition to the 200 events presented annually by the center, community groups and nationally recognized arts organizations, including The Florida Orchestra, lease the venue. Our volunteers and staff warmly welcome visitors and artists to our acoustically perfect chamber.

Recognized as one of the best acoustic facilities in the state of Florida, this multipurpose facility the finest in theater, music, and dance, as well as performances by international, world-class artists. Activities and classes in the performing arts are also available.

SETLIST:

Many solos by the band members !!!

Gonna Move (Paul Pena)
Give Me Tonight
Call Me The Breeze
Harp
Heart and Soul
- Got My Mojo Workin’ (Muddy Waters)
-Brown Eyed Handsome Man (Chuck Berry)
Just to Feel That Way
My Friend
Naked in the Jungle (Van Morrison)
- Wanna Take You Higher ( Duran Duran )
Hell of a Day
- Another Brick in the Wall (Pink Floyd)
Lowdown (Boz Scaggs)
Wherever I Lay My Hat (Marvin Gaye)
Marvin and Jackie call and response
- Night Shift ( The Commodores )
- Havin’ a Party ( Sam Cooke )
-That’s Where It’s At (Sam Cooke)
Heaven Knows
The Maze
- Hymns to the Silence (Van Morrison)
- Soldier of Fortune (Van Morrison)
- I Wanna Roo You (Van Morrison)
- Warm Love (Van Morrison)
- St. Dominic's Preview (Van Morrison)
- Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) (Sly & the Family Stone)
The Right Place
Runaround
- Got My Mojo Workin’ (again!) ( Muddy Waters )

ENCORE

Take the Long Way Home ( Supertramp )
Soul Thing
- Eastbound and Down, with rapping

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REVIEW AND MEDIA:

SOUL PATROL MEMORIES:

Posted Imagecourtesy of Mandy

Posted Imagemouser

1. solarenergy's niece

when Taylor came out from the bus ,i was in the back of the line
and i yelled Taylor! Taylor! where are you? Taylor im a kid have
pity on me!every one laughed.

Posted Imagemouser

2. Beth baked a cake for Taylor and her 15 yr old son decorated it......the guys on the bus were thrilled. Posted Imagemouser

3. Missy1027
Fantastic concert from start to finish!!!!! Taylor Hicks ROCKED the roof off the RUTH!!

Taylor never lets us down when you go to see him he gives his all..everytime and that is why he will always have fans

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q177/wo...24Clearwa-3.flv Taylor dancing with a little girl at the end of the encore.

5. Mandy

....tonight, it was as if Taylor was making love to the entire audience, and when it was over, we all needed that afterglow cigarette! The show was wonderful, that’s the best I can say. Was it the best I had ever seen? I can’t say for sure. But the energy and vibe was definitely different. Taylor Hicks seemed like a man who was exactly where he wanted to be with his career, doing exactly what he wanted to be doing. He appeared happy and that happiness transcended into the energy of the show. I don’t know what was going on inside his head, but whatever it was, I hope it sticks around and I get to see another show like I just saw, and feel what I just felt.

Posted Imagecourtesy of RagsQ

Heart & Soul credit to : antnana215 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USbayelkijY

Just To Feel That Way credit to antnana215 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI8eXuOh_dI

Naked in the Jungle/ tags : credit to P.Boyers

6. P. Boyers

It was a hot summer night in Florida and it had nothing to do with the weather. Taylor came out and gave us one of his best that night. Taylor's tags are now legendary and he did not disappoint us that night. He was on fire!

The Right Place credit to Missy1027

The Runaround credit to Itzkissy

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Bus Stops Here Too · Next Topic »
Add Reply