Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
HOT!: PreOrders TONIGHT!
Topic Started: Mar 3 2009, 07:50 PM (2,294 Views)
HelloImNobody
Member Avatar

We’ll open up sales of a limited number of Darkfall copies tonight European time Tuesday March 3d. We will try to repeat this every weekday until the extreme demand slows down and we’re able to leave the shop open 24/7. To answer the questions of how you can sell out a digital download, we’re throttling the number of new players in the world to limit queue times and protect the user experience. Server optimizations first and adding new servers in time are the steps we are taking to improve this experience.

From our launch experience, the extreme demand caused the account management infrastructure to lag and often time out. The hammering of the system by the users made things worse. Repeated attempts by users led to charge failures because of bank security rules. Incorrect billing information also led to failed transactions.

We expect the account management system to face extreme demand today as well. In order to try to avoid the issues we describe above, users who refresh before timing out, open multiple windows or tabs, and hammer the system will be temporarily blocked. Please do not refresh unless you have timed out or you will lose your place in the queue.

We'll post when sales open. If the copies we have available for today sell out, we will repeat this process again tomorrow.

Thank you,

The Darkfall Team
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Polan

Until sold out which shouldn't take too long by the traffic we're seeing.

Again, please don't abuse the system with multiple tabs and windows open, or spam the refresh. We had to add a security measure in place that will give you a 10 minute block if you do. If used properly, the system should work better for everyone.

Thank you,
The Darkfall Team
Edited by Polan, Mar 3 2009, 08:14 PM.

Malphas

Forums are throwing up the "too busy" message and the shop seems down. Heard that they're already sold out :(

alte
Member Avatar

I just made it to the buy confirmation page, it seemed to send, then the next page loaded but it was blank. Can anyone tell if the order screwed up or what?

GrammaticalError

Same happened to me. I made it to the point where I can click buy, and then I got "The service is not available. Please try again later."

Did anyone get blocked for multiple sessions yet?
Edited by GrammaticalError, Mar 3 2009, 09:44 PM.

zaka
Member Avatar
Community Manager
After the "Buy". you have to enter your CCV number and click complete purchase.

alte
Member Avatar

I reached that page, the one requesting cvv and then i clicked buy. I haven't gotten a confirmation however, so im going to guess it didn't get through.

zaka
Member Avatar
Community Manager
I didn't get a confirmation either :\

Prophet
Member Avatar

It's sold out now, unfortunately. :(
We'll have to try again tomorrow. Grats to those who made it.

AnnArchy

I was able to put my cvv in twice. I didn't get a confirmation either time. This is getting ridiculous.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply

.Wiredvage Theme created by Zeus00 and converted by Wolt of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone