Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Great PvP Leak Video
Topic Started: Feb 18 2009, 11:33 AM (3,261 Views)
Makku

It's just a different way to play an MMO, and it will also take skill - and depending on what it is like to actually play we will see how much. :)

Will be interesting to see what a few groups of almost equally geared players and almost equally (and also high) skilled players will be like. I see promise in some aspects, and also see that some work needs to be done on the combat to make it a bit more fluid and impressive.

Shall see what happens though eh. :)

M
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Darkstar111

Awesome leaked video, it doesnt come much better then this.

It shows the potential that fights have, lots of movement and lots of opportunities.
Obviously all the players are still pretty much noobs, with only 3 or 4 spells actually used, also when the guy died he came back naked, so he had no spare gear i his bank.
Dammit, i gotta wait till tuesday...

-Darkstar

Cattie

nonetoosmall
Feb 18 2009, 05:45 PM
Fordeka
Feb 18 2009, 04:34 PM
It certainly doesn't look as repetitive as WOW or any other mmorpg where you just lock on to a target and spam your attack rotation.
People who did this weren't very good.
Don't even get started on this whole deal. I admit that I used to play WoW, and it's a hell of a lot harder having to aim for your target then it is to simply "target" him by clicking.

nonetoosmall
Darkfall
Cattie
Feb 18 2009, 07:12 PM
nonetoosmall
Fordeka
It certainly doesn't look as repetitive as WOW or any other mmorpg where you just lock on to a target and spam your attack rotation.
Don't even get started on this whole deal. I admit that I used to play WoW, and it's a hell of a lot harder having to aim for your target then it is to simply "target" him by clicking.
Yes, but if you try and argue it's just target and then hit 1 2 3 4 5 6 /repeat

you probably weren't very good.

Having to aim is always harder, but it irks me when people are all LOL AUTOTARGETNEWB

Cattie

nonetoosmall
Feb 18 2009, 07:15 PM
Cattie
Feb 18 2009, 07:12 PM
nonetoosmall
Fordeka
Yes, but if you try and argue it's just target and then hit 1 2 3 4 5 6 /repeat

you probably weren't very good.

Having to aim is always harder, but it irks me when people are all LOL AUTOTARGETNEWB
I agree, but a game that requires targeting and quick reflexes will always require more skill then a game that auto targeting is the way to target someone so that your "misses" are merely statistical numbers, if even though.

But I will agree with you that spamming random combinations would lead to poor results in WoW, but the "skill" required in WoW could never compare to a game (not saying "Darkfall" is it) that requires manual targeting, precision, accuracy, and constant re-evaluation of a situation.

HelloImNobody
Member Avatar

This is awesome enough to be moved to Announcements.

Also posted on the leak blog.
Edited by HelloImNobody, Feb 18 2009, 08:44 PM.

okaywtf

why would you add a youtube post when it is such shitty quality?...

just post to where the video actually came from >.>

http://www.afraidyet.net/

nonetoosmall
Darkfall
Because it was available on youtube before it was posted on that website.

Frostbite
Member Avatar

Makku
Feb 18 2009, 06:18 PM
I see promise in some aspects, and also see that some work needs to be done on the combat to make it a bit more fluid and impressive.

M
I hope they slow it down a little....
Would make formations work, at the moment it looks a little like as if it's a group of frightened chicken.

HelloImNobody
Member Avatar

Frostbite
Feb 18 2009, 08:55 PM
Makku
Feb 18 2009, 06:18 PM
I see promise in some aspects, and also see that some work needs to be done on the combat to make it a bit more fluid and impressive.

M
I hope they slow it down a little....
Would make formations work, at the moment it looks a little like as if it's a group of frightened chicken.
I think if they had a commander it would have went better.

They appear to be more of a group of bandits than an actual army.

If they could have chickened them into a position and V-formed around them, eventually closing the back so they couldn't retreat (can't run through people) they would have decimated the competition.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply

.Wiredvage Theme created by Zeus00 and converted by Wolt of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone