Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
This board is officially dead and thus all newcomers are asked to proceed to Survival of the Fittest. Hope to see you there.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/index/

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Battle Royale: Book, Manga or Movie?; which one was better?
Topic Started: Apr 17 2008, 07:38 PM (420 Views)
Junta
Member Avatar

Book, no question.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Junta
Member Avatar

I agree, I found the Manga a bit lacking, and the portrayal of the Program being turned into a reality television show was annoying. It failed to capture the spirit of the program. I felt that the movie was a fabulous adaptation that told the story well in the allotted time. The only thing I disliked was that some characters were glossed over, or completely changed. Sho, the gay boy, his death was almost like really morbid comic relief. Niida, was an evil bastard who I found worse than Kiriyama. Books have that advantage, but the film was well done.

Junta
Member Avatar

I watched it on YouTube. It's in parts, but several people have it in playlists, so it shouldn't be hard to find a good cut of it.

Junta
Member Avatar

I know how you feel. Shinji is a great character, and having him around longer was definitely cool.

The one thing I like about the manga is that it give deeper characterization to some of the side characters. Very fun times.

Edited by Junta, Feb 15 2010, 07:18 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme Created by Chort27 of NGL