Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
This board is officially dead and thus all newcomers are asked to proceed to Survival of the Fittest. Hope to see you there.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/SOTF_V2/index/

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Battle Royale: Book, Manga or Movie?; which one was better?
Topic Started: Apr 17 2008, 07:38 PM (417 Views)
Shadow_ryoku
Member Avatar

Alright, so I wondered which of these was your favorite. The Book, the movie, or the manga?

my personal favorite was the book.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Junta
Member Avatar

Book, no question.

Bleeding Eyes Of Fire
Member Avatar
Death's Disciple
Book, but i've yet to finish the manga.

Rossco Hall
Member Avatar

I have only seen the movie and part of the manga, but i think tehy are both really good

BTW this is Ross Noodles Hall's new account :)

Drake

The book does justice for every character and is very very entertaining to read. It had some of the best character development I have ever scene. The manga is terribly drawn and I couldn't stand the awful images so I just didn't finish it. The movie does more justice to Kiriyama's character who was portrayed as more maniacal in the movie than in the book, as well he was just more interesting as a silent assassin and better as a transfer imo. The book and the movie can not really be compared as they are about on the same level, with the exception of all three of the entities changing who eventually kills Kiriyama in the end. I enjoyed both, but the music in the movie especially the part when they killed Mitsuko was brilliant. Book and Movie are good, manga is ehhhh.....

Junta
Member Avatar

I agree, I found the Manga a bit lacking, and the portrayal of the Program being turned into a reality television show was annoying. It failed to capture the spirit of the program. I felt that the movie was a fabulous adaptation that told the story well in the allotted time. The only thing I disliked was that some characters were glossed over, or completely changed. Sho, the gay boy, his death was almost like really morbid comic relief. Niida, was an evil bastard who I found worse than Kiriyama. Books have that advantage, but the film was well done.

Shadow_ryoku
Member Avatar

anyone know where I can see the movie? I have been lookng for it for a while...

Junta
Member Avatar

I watched it on YouTube. It's in parts, but several people have it in playlists, so it shouldn't be hard to find a good cut of it.

Shadow_ryoku
Member Avatar

thanks ^^

Shadow_ryoku
Member Avatar

i watched the movie this weekend, and I thought it did a good job with it. Obviously all the character development got cut down, but some good characters were barely there. THe scene with shinji had an interesting change, and mitsuko vs. Kazuo went even better then in the book.Shuya was cut down a lot, but i liked the new teacher better. Thats what i got out of it. Oh yeah... Kazuo = Sephiroth, and Shogo is a japanese Rambo.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme Created by Chort27 of NGL