Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Which hair dye brand is least damaging?
Topic Started: Jan 14 2014, 02:21 PM (2,396 Views)
Mirror
Member Avatar
Receb Ivedik FOREVER
Currently I used to use Naturtint,since it claims that the product does not include any ammonia, parabens or resorcinol and is healthier than other products. But one day I have checked the ingredients and found out it does contain: SODIUM ERYTHORBATE. p-AMINOPHENOL. p-PHENYLENEDIAMINE. 2-METHYLRESORCINOL. 4-CHLORORESORCINOL. 4-AMINO-2-HYDROXYTOLUENE etc.

So I am kind of disappointed.

Are there any organic hair dyes or at leats hair dye that doesn't contain ammonia, parabens and resorcinol ?

What brand of hair dye do you use?
Classifications: Alpine+ Turanid+ Med / Alpine+ Turanid / Alpine / Alpine + Med / Asiatic Alpine / Asiatic Alpine + minor Turanid
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SmellyCat
Member Avatar
Darkh Vedda
You could try henna hair dyes
This is the one my parents use for their grey hairs, but I don't know if it is easily accessible

Posted Image
Edited by SmellyCat, Jan 14 2014, 02:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mirror
Member Avatar
Receb Ivedik FOREVER
Oh I forgot to mention I am not into henna etc. I want to finish the whole colouring stuff within 30 minutes. As far as I know henna takes much longer and your hands get dirty etc.

I am kind of lazy, just looking for a hair dye that contains less chemical.
Classifications: Alpine+ Turanid+ Med / Alpine+ Turanid / Alpine / Alpine + Med / Asiatic Alpine / Asiatic Alpine + minor Turanid

Soso
Are natural stuff really working ? and if they do, are they really natural ?

decodemylife
Member Avatar
I think all hair dyes are somewhat damaging as they contain peroxide and ammonia. However, dying your hair darker will not damage it nearly as much as bleaching. Maybe you should try a color glaze? Henna is supposed to be a healthy alternative but I've never tried it
Edited by decodemylife, Jan 14 2014, 09:13 PM.

klk
Member Avatar
I don't dye my hair, but I know that you can't get a completely natural permanent haircolour.

Naturtint also has this Reflex range, they are semi-permanent hair dyes that last for 2 to 4 weeks (maybe less if you wash your hair daily) and contain no PPDs or peroxide or resorcinol in addition to the other nasties that have been removed from the main range (ammonia, parabens..)
Edited by klk, Jan 30 2014, 01:59 AM.

Fatale
Member Avatar
Try L'Oréal Inoa. It contain no amonia.
Inoa
Edited by Fatale, Jan 30 2014, 01:51 AM.

SmellyCat
Member Avatar
Darkh Vedda
decodemylife
Jan 14 2014, 09:13 PM
I think all hair dyes are somewhat damaging as they contain peroxide and ammonia. However, dying your hair darker will not damage it nearly as much as bleaching. Maybe you should try a color glaze? Henna is supposed to be a healthy alternative but I've never tried it
black henna dyes usually contain very little henna, the rest chemicals. I think the key is to buy the powdered, not liquid product containing solely lawsonia inermis, but I'm not sure where you can find it.

The Baron
Member Avatar
✡GNU/FOSS separatist✡
I'm no hair enthusiast but whenever I hear terms like "organic" and "chemicals" being thrown around I get suspicious. Upon doing some brief research I stumbled across an interesting article which addresses some concerns about the "chemicals" in certain hair dye products.
Quote:

I’m sure every hair dresser and their clients are aware of ‘ammonia free’ color and ‘zero-ammonia’ hair products either at Cosmoprof (major distributor of professional beauty products) and in hair salons. It doesn’t smell so bad so it must be better for you, right? Have you ever considered asking yourself important questions such as,

“What chemicals are replacing ammonia and are they good for me?”
“Is it really ammonia free, or is that just a marketing gimmic?”

I attended the ISSE (International Salon and Spa Expo) Long Beach in 2010 and a hair color chemist came on stage and answered questions regarding chemicals in hair product and color. The first regarded ammonia free products. His stated that you should be careful of ‘ammonia free’ for a few reasons.

Ammonia is a natural bi-product and small amounts are not harmful unless you are allergic.
Ammonia smells and that is why hair dressers and clients like ammonia free products.
Some ‘say’ they do not have ammonia when there may be traces of it.

The chemicals used to replace ammonia are EXTREMELY toxic.
Don’t take my word for it. Take a look at this post by a worker at Masty Teinture hair products:

Read more: http://corinnelafayette.com/stylist/ammonia-free-hair-products-scam/
Edited by The Baron, Jan 30 2014, 04:01 AM.
✡This post was sponsored by the state of Israel ✡
Super Duper Supernova

Who lived in eastern Europe? Mongoloids, that's who.

Bulletproofpride

Now we are all OK because we live in California.

Sefardita.iberico

I am nerd and you is loooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'll state my psychiatrist, Adamo D'Souza. He's good, I managed to cure skin allergy is my anus. Was a psychopatological think in my anus.

RussianRed
All of them do damage to the hair, unless semi permanent.
I have never dyed my hair though.

Nvard
Member Avatar
Raven Rapunzel
i have to color my hair every 2-3 weeks because it grows fast and i have a big ammount of grey hair. Herbal products are very nice and they do not damage your hair BUT:

1. the effect fades away too fast
2. they cant color grey hair well :(

The quote Baron posted is true info. I did lots of research on different hair dyes. AMMONIA is less harmful than chemicals used to replace it! plus- ammonia based hair products are the only type of products that are effective if you wanna color grey hair
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Highland
Ancestry: West Asian+ SouthEastern European
Religion: Oriental Orthodox Christian

FaerieQueene
Member Avatar
Pro Member
I've never dyed my hair but I want to try the following colors: jet black, reddish-black, reddish-brown, ginger red, strawberry blonde, and medium blonde. My natural hair is light-brownish/dark-blondish colored.
"First the Saturday people, then the Sunday people." -----Islamic-Arabic phrase exemplifying their racism towards Jews and Christians.

Trog
Jul 7 2014, 08:42 PM
This is an organised attack, she's been lead on by others. Starting with "Carlos" and his other fag hag, FQ.

RussianRed
FaerieQueene
Jan 30 2014, 07:51 AM
I've never dyed my hair but I want to try the following colors: jet black, reddish-black, reddish-brown, ginger red, strawberry blonde, and medium blonde. My natural hair is light-brownish/dark-blondish colored.
I think you'll look great as ginger red or strawberry blonde. Reddish brown too.

B00Bz
Member Avatar
Kleptomorphic Member
Semi permanent is muh easier on your hair than permanent.
TURANID AS FUCK!!!
--_--

Gotlander
Member Avatar
Pro Member
I wouldn't know because I've never dyed my hair. :P
"I have seen the Rus as they came on their merchant journeys and encamped by the Itil. I have never seen more perfect physical specimens, tall as date palms, blond and ruddy " - Ahmed ibn Fadlan

NightEnergy
Member Avatar
Depends what colour/tone your aiming for, Henna is great for dark hair and makes your hair healthy and shiny however its pretty time consuming and messy :)

B00Bz
Member Avatar
Kleptomorphic Member
NightEnergy
Jan 30 2014, 11:38 AM
Depends what colour/tone your aiming for, Henna is great for dark hair and makes your hair healthy and shiny however its pretty time consuming and messy :)
I tried it once and it was supposed to make my hair lighter and it made it darker and it also made it look like someone got murdered in my bathroom...
TURANID AS FUCK!!!
--_--

The Baron
Member Avatar
✡GNU/FOSS separatist✡
B00Bz
Jan 30 2014, 11:18 PM
NightEnergy
I tried it once and it was supposed to make my hair lighter and it made it darker and it also made it look like someone got murdered in my bathroom...
Well it's not like that actually occurred....
✡This post was sponsored by the state of Israel ✡
Super Duper Supernova

Who lived in eastern Europe? Mongoloids, that's who.

Bulletproofpride

Now we are all OK because we live in California.

Sefardita.iberico

I am nerd and you is loooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'll state my psychiatrist, Adamo D'Souza. He's good, I managed to cure skin allergy is my anus. Was a psychopatological think in my anus.

decodemylife
Member Avatar
NightEnergy
Yeah that's the only issue with henna, it's so messy and it leaves a smell that's really hard to get rid of

B00Bz
Member Avatar
Kleptomorphic Member
The Baron
Jan 31 2014, 12:25 AM
B00Bz
Jan 30 2014, 11:18 PM
NightEnergy
Well it's not like that actually occurred....
Totally not. Don't look at me lol
TURANID AS FUCK!!!
--_--

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Health & Medicine · Next Topic »
Add Reply