Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Why are 70% of Black women in the USA single?
Topic Started: Dec 29 2012, 03:08 AM (9,212 Views)
blklady2013
Member Avatar
GenoMann
Feb 15 2013, 06:19 PM
blklady2013
Feb 8 2013, 08:32 PM
GenoMann
Feb 7 2013, 04:59 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep70% of black women single is a myth. Go read about it here NyTimes Article.
The main point is that most studies take their data from age sets of black women ages 15-29. However, most blacks in our community marry at a later age. When findings are adjusted for age they find that only 13% of black women have never been married by the time they are 55. Census Data
Ahh. Be that as it may, statistics don't lie and those stats were pulled from the U.S. census bureau.

In light of the fact that only 13% of blk women remain single by their middle ages, you have to wonder why the headline in the news about us is always 70% single rate? :rolleyes:

If black women are having a hard time finding partners, its primarily b/c of false or misleading stats such as these and our negative image in the media, but for the most part most black women I know honestly don't find it hard.

Just curious Genomann, I noticed you'd made a commentary about black single moms/families early on in this thread.
What percentage of black women do you believe are single mothers? The answer might surprise you, much like the fact that truthfully only 13% of us are single by the time we reach 55 is a surprise to many here.
I think people are more comfortable with the popular image of people than they are with the truth.
I am not at all comfortable with the idea of the high rate of single motherhood for any race. The damage to society caused by it is horrendous.

The key here is whether the relationship is stable enough for the cohesion of the family - a massively important factor for the socio-economic development of the children. A set of changing boyfriends could at a particular time qualify the mother as "not single", but still lead to disaster for the children.

With the great societal handicaps that single motherhood enforces, people who promote it or condone it should be forced to pay a "stupid tax".
Ahhhhhh. I kinda figured you may have been misled on this as well. There isn't a high percentage of single motherhood in the AFAM race.
There is a high percentage of OOW babies, but the actual amount of black women who are single mothers is low and nowhere near what everyone is made to believe.

In all actuality, there are only 9 million single mothers in the U.S. alone. It seems like more because their plight is far more publicized than any other family structure.
Out of those 9 million, only 3 million are black women.
These 3 million black women are the baby boomers for the AFAM community and they have multiple children out of wedlock.
Meanwhile the overwhelming majority of black women don't have children, but rest of us bear the burden of the stigma attached.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GenoMann
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
blklady2013
Feb 16 2013, 06:10 PM
GenoMann
blklady2013
Feb 8 2013, 08:32 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep70% of black women single is a myth. Go read about it here NyTimes Article.
The main point is that most studies take their data from age sets of black women ages 15-29. However, most blacks in our community marry at a later age. When findings are adjusted for age they find that only 13% of black women have never been married by the time they are 55. Census Data
I am not at all comfortable with the idea of the high rate of single motherhood for any race. The damage to society caused by it is horrendous.

The key here is whether the relationship is stable enough for the cohesion of the family - a massively important factor for the socio-economic development of the children. A set of changing boyfriends could at a particular time qualify the mother as "not single", but still lead to disaster for the children.

With the great societal handicaps that single motherhood enforces, people who promote it or condone it should be forced to pay a "stupid tax".
Ahhhhhh. I kinda figured you may have been misled on this as well. There isn't a high percentage of single motherhood in the AFAM race.
There is a high percentage of OOW babies, but the actual amount of black women who are single mothers is low and nowhere near what everyone is made to believe.

In all actuality, there are only 9 million single mothers in the U.S. alone. It seems like more because their plight is far more publicized than any other family structure.
These 3 million black women are the baby boomers for the AFAM community and they have multiple children out of wedlock.
Meanwhile the overwhelming majority of black women don't have children, but rest of us bear the burden of the stigma attached.
You need to read two books. The Bell Curve and The Index of Leading Cultural Indicators.

Since these challenge your preconceptions, I suspect that you will not.

The left: destorying society and culture with their godless philosophies and lying about it while they do so.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.
“The man of the true religious tradition understands two things: liberty and obedience. The first means knowing what you really want. The second means knowing what you really trust.” - G.K.’s Weekly, August 18, 1928

angels4me
Member Avatar
"The left: destorying society and culture with their godless philosophies and lying about it while they do so."

What do you mean by this? Please give an example of a "godless philosophy" and it's impact on the marriagability of an African American woman. And, in your response, please consider what other posters have stated about the statistics reflecting marriage rates of people beginning at age 15 and that many Afam women are married by age 50-something.

There are a lot of social factors in play here ... and no one ever talks about marriage rates of the men. It takes two to tango. They're rates are lower than every other race/ethnic group as well.

blklady2013
Member Avatar
GenoMann
Feb 20 2013, 07:13 PM
blklady2013
GenoMann

You need to read two books. The Bell Curve and The Index of Leading Cultural Indicators.

The left: destorying society and culture with their godless philosophies and lying about it while they do so.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.
I will gladly read and re-read (as I've already read the Bell Curve) both texts if you could kindly explain their relevance to our discussion.
As a reminder, currently we're discussing the stereotype of the overly fecund black woman in the context of yet another inaccurate stereotype that is oftentimes touted about black women: our singlehood. Lol!

I and other posters have provided credible stats proving the inaccuracy of current popular beliefs on these stereotypes of black women. However I apologize for not posting relevant articles for the latest tidbit of information I threw at you.
I can understand how you cannot accept ideas that are so divergent from the images of black women you've been forcefed your entire life, but it is important nonetheless to operate in truth rather than in fiction no matter how socially acceptable or comfortable the latter is.

The truth of the matter is that the majority of black women have been stereotyped for the behaviors of a minority of black women when it comes to being single mothers. Currently, 70% of black children are born to single parent homes. You'll see that statistic thrown around a lot.
However, what you won't hear is that you don't need 70% of black women to have 70% of these black children. In all actuality, only about 14% of black women in our race are having 70% of our children and are single parents. (There is a reason for this but that's another story...)
The approximate number is 4 million black women are single mothers.

Study on Black Single Moms
Now Geomann, how crazy is that?! :nuts: And here I was thinking that nearly ALL black women were child toting baby mamas! :rolleyes:

But the question you should wonder about is why you and others have been made to believe this. Why does your media purposefully feed you misleading statistics about different groups of people? The answer to that question actually transcends petty, illusory political divisions such as right/left that you've been manipulated into vying for.

leucine
blklady2013
Feb 21 2013, 02:15 AM
I will gladly read and re-read (as I've already read the Bell Curve) both texts if you could kindly explain their relevance to our discussion.
As a reminder, currently we're discussing the stereotype of the overly fecund black woman in the context of yet another inaccurate stereotype that is oftentimes touted about black women: our singlehood. Lol!

I and other posters have provided credible stats proving the inaccuracy of current popular beliefs on these stereotypes of black women. However I apologize for not posting relevant articles for the latest tidbit of information I threw at you.
I can understand how you cannot accept ideas that are so divergent from the images of black women you've been force fed your entire life, but it is important nonetheless to operate in truth rather than in fiction no matter how socially acceptable or comfortable the latter is.

The truth of the matter is that the majority of black women have been stereotyped for the behaviors of a minority of black women when it comes to being single mothers. Currently, 70% of black children are born to single parent homes. You'll see that statistic thrown around a lot.
However, what you won't hear is that you don't need 70% of black women to have 70% of these black children. In all actuality, only about 14% of black women in our race are having 70% of our children and are single parents. (There is a reason for this but that's another story...)

Now Geomann, how crazy is that?! :nuts: And here I was thinking that nearly ALL black women were child toting baby mamas! :rolleyes:

But the question you should wonder about is why you and others have been made to believe this. Why does your media purposefully feed you misleading statistics about different groups of people? The answer to that question actually transcends petty, illusory political divisions such as right/left that you've been manipulated into vying for.

That's a tasty bit of information. However, it still does not bode well for the African American community when the people least capable of taking care of community's present is also giving birth to the majority it's future.
Edited by leucine, Feb 22 2013, 04:45 PM.

blklady2013
Member Avatar
leucine
Feb 22 2013, 04:44 PM
blklady2013

I can understand how you cannot accept ideas that are so divergent from the images of black women you've been force fed your entire life, but it is important nonetheless to operate in truth rather than in fiction no matter how socially acceptable or comfortable the latter is.

That's a tasty bit of information. However, it still does not bode well for the African American community when the people least capable of taking care of community's present is also giving birth to the majority it's future.
I agree and THIS is the conversation we should be having. But we couldn't get to this information until we cleared up the rubbish. That's my central issue with stats about blacks in general. We can't objectively evaluate our community if we're constantly bombarded with lies, misleading stats, and propaganda based on cultural stereotypes the majority are comfortable with, instead of facts.

The other problem is the AFAM's internalization of lies and misleading facts. When figures about our community are inflated, over-representation of negative trends do NOT result in panic mentality in communities. Instead it overwhelmingly results in a type of acceptance of these ideas as a bandwagon philosophy. People start to believe that everyone is doing it or that these behaviors represent the whole and thus they begin to engage in them as well to participate in this illusory culture that has actually been created by stereotypes!

Once you accept a stereotype, internalize that it is true, and act on it, you actually become the very thing others initially accused you of being. <----I think this is the actual purpose behind the way many misleading facts about AFAMs are represented to the masses--its a way to create realities about minorities from stereotypes majorities are comfortable with.

FivePercenter
blklady2013
Feb 23 2013, 10:36 PM
leucine
blklady2013

I agree and THIS is the conversation we should be having. But we couldn't get to this information until we cleared up the rubbish. That's my central issue with stats about blacks in general. We can't objectively evaluate our community if we're constantly bombarded with lies, misleading stats, and propaganda based on cultural stereotypes the majority are comfortable with, instead of facts.

The other problem is the AFAM's internalization of lies and misleading facts. When figures about our community are inflated, over-representation of negative trends do NOT result in panic mentality in communities. Instead it overwhelmingly results in a type of acceptance of these ideas as a bandwagon philosophy. People start to believe that everyone is doing it or that these behaviors represent the whole and thus they begin to engage in them as well to participate in this illusory culture that has actually been created by stereotypes!

Once you accept a stereotype, internalize that it is true, and act on it, you actually become the very thing others initially accused you of being. <----I think this is the actual purpose behind the way many misleading facts about AFAMs are represented to the masses--its a way to create realities about minorities from stereotypes majorities are comfortable with.
Black Lady, I have read some of your posts. You always seem to blame the media for faulty reporting. That argument might work on the Europeans in this forum but both you and I are Americans. Nowhere on this planet has the mass media been so forgiving of black faults as in this country. Do you remember in the 1950's when crime reports were headlined by race: "Two Negroes Rob Liquor Store" and so on? They ended that, didn't they. The media does everything in its power to minimize association of black people with anything of a negative nature. But if they slip up, black people complain. So the only time the media can mention race is the Huxable situation in which a sitcom pushes forth a black doctor married to a black lawyer with children in the family exclusively by both parents. Do you want to tell us how often this happens? Instead, you are trying to spin black births. The simple fact is that 70% of black babies are born out of wedlock to unmarried black women. You seem to say the same women are doing this over and over again. Why? You know why, for increased government benefits. I have raised two generations of your people. You can slice and dice this 70% up over and over. Let me give you some examples: of those mothers, a larger than normal (mean, median, mode) are on welfare. A larger percentage of them have a drug problem. A larger percentage of them (than normal) have criminal problems. A larger percentage are substandard in IQ (yes the dumbest blacks breed the fastest as first pointed out in 1969 by Dr. Arthur Jensen).

The other pitch you are making to your imagined European audience is that all the information discussed or up for discussion is contained in the media bias you claim. Again, this is not true for any of us who know blacks. Line up 100 black people and again, cut them into those who have been in prison, those who do drugs, those with AIDS, those on welfare and you will have a substantially greater percentage of each group that for white people---yes, that same 100. We know this in the USA because we all have had to live with it.

It is only here on the internet and then only those among us who are not running for the Nobel Prize or not trying to talk someone into hiring us or whose friends would disapprove or whatever, who can say this and nail people like you.

Honestly, Americans gave up wanting to know more about black people circa 1968. The only ones attempting a revival of "interest" in black people are you and Soledad O'Brein.

GenoMann
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
blklady2013
GenoMann
blklady2013

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I can understand how you cannot accept ideas that are so divergent from the images of black women you've been forcefed your entire life, but it is important nonetheless to operate in truth rather than in fiction no matter how socially acceptable or comfortable the latter is.

How about this study?

http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/acrossstates/Rankings.aspx?ind=107
“The man of the true religious tradition understands two things: liberty and obedience. The first means knowing what you really want. The second means knowing what you really trust.” - G.K.’s Weekly, August 18, 1928

Peterparker
Member Avatar
Pro Member
FivePercenter
Feb 26 2013, 04:48 AM
blklady2013
leucine

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepIn all actuality, only about 14% of black women in our race are having 70% of our children and are single parents. (There is a reason for this but that's another story...)

Black Lady, I have read some of your posts. You always seem to blame the media for faulty reporting. That argument might work on the Europeans in this forum but both you and I are Americans. Nowhere on this planet has the mass media been so forgiving of black faults as in this country. Do you remember in the 1950's when crime reports were headlined by race: "Two Negroes Rob Liquor Store" and so on? They ended that, didn't they. The media does everything in its power to minimize association of black people with anything of a negative nature. But if they slip up, black people complain. So the only time the media can mention race is the Huxable situation in which a sitcom pushes forth a black doctor married to a black lawyer with children in the family exclusively by both parents. Do you want to tell us how often this happens? Instead, you are trying to spin black births. The simple fact is that 70% of black babies are born out of wedlock to unmarried black women. You seem to say the same women are doing this over and over again. Why? You know why, for increased government benefits. I have raised two generations of your people. You can slice and dice this 70% up over and over. Let me give you some examples: of those mothers, a larger than normal (mean, median, mode) are on welfare. A larger percentage of them have a drug problem. A larger percentage of them (than normal) have criminal problems. A larger percentage are substandard in IQ (yes the dumbest blacks breed the fastest as first pointed out in 1969 by Dr. Arthur Jensen).

The other pitch you are making to your imagined European audience is that all the information discussed or up for discussion is contained in the media bias you claim. Again, this is not true for any of us who know blacks. Line up 100 black people and again, cut them into those who have been in prison, those who do drugs, those with AIDS, those on welfare and you will have a substantially greater percentage of each group that for white people---yes, that same 100. We know this in the USA because we all have had to live with it.

It is only here on the internet and then only those among us who are not running for the Nobel Prize or not trying to talk someone into hiring us or whose friends would disapprove or whatever, who can say this and nail people like you.

Honestly, Americans gave up wanting to know more about black people circa 1968. The only ones attempting a revival of "interest" in black people are you and Soledad O'Brein.
I think you are partially right. But that said, what you are saying does now show the entire picture. Your assessment of sitcoms exaggerating and making people believe that most black families are like the Cosbys and Banks (Fresh Prince), is true. But what do you make of news stations and shows like Cops using Poor, Uneducated Blacks as props to showcase all that is "negative" about the North American culture? Is that (by your definition) not doing the same thing? Are we to believe that Blacks in America are either rich millionaires, or welfare chasing people?

Any person with an ounce of brain would be able to take whats being fed to them (through various forms of media) with a grain of salt.

My 2 cents.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgjs58i7qeg[/youtube]
:)
Lets be honest, nothing gets people glued on to TV than watching Blacks (and only blacks) loot and kill.
Edited by Peterparker, Mar 2 2013, 12:38 AM.

blklady2013
Member Avatar
FivePercenter

Mass media---> forgiving to blacks?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
The majority of representations of blacks in the media ascribe to certain culturally derived stereotypes of African-Americans. Sure you might see a black male cast as a hero, but only if he is typecasted as a lover of white women. Then there are the ubiquitous depictions of black ghetto sub-culture, hoodrats, :rolleyes: and other ridiculous stereotypes. In fact, these depictions are the reasons why my stance is so offensive to you. You've been immersed in these images of blacks for so long that any challenges to them seem ludicrious!
Meanwhile, in the news the only depictions of blacks that are highlighted are crime, violence or tragic statistics. Many blacks are moving away from television to more independent producers because we tire of seeing black romance depicted as dysfunctional, black women depicted as sluts or hoodrats, black men depicted as thugs or "successful, buts" (successfully but only if he gains access to white culture through a white chick). Its laughable that a white person would overlook how the majority of blacks in Hollywood are only rewards when they are depicting blacks as stereotypes the majority of our culture is comforable with about blacks. (I.e. Halle Berry scores when playing graphic scenes as a whore; Viola Davis scores when playing a servant for whites in a role our society is comforable with; Need I even mention Precious...lol!)

But puleeze, don't let me allow you to get me distracted. Ultimately, this conversation isn't truly about the media. Its about statistics. So please stay on topic. Analyze the evidence I've presented. Not only are black women NOT overwhelmingly single, but the majority of us aren't single baby mamas either. This myth has been touted politically b/c it provides a convenient economic scapegoat. But census data shows otherwise. Out of 22-23 million black women, only about 3-4 million are single mothers and only a fraction of those are in poverty. The problem in our community is that a small number of women are being chosen or choose to have MULTIPLE babies by several different men. Irritatingly enough, however, the rest of us as black women get our names dragged through the mud for a stereotype that has been exaggerated and expanded to paint the entirety of our race.

Also, please don't misunderstand me. No one cares if you want to get to know blacks. I report these issues because people should be made aware that there is more than one side of any story. I already know what you THINK you know or what you've been cleverly led to believe. However, anyone who looks at the evidence I've provided would understand the crux of the matter and it has nothing to do with wanting to look good. Rather it has everything to do with refusing to believe lies and getting to the bottom of things, whether your closed view of the world can accept it or not.
GenoMann
Mar 1 2013, 05:15 PM
blklady2013
GenoMann

How about this study?

Genomann,

Your study addresses the percentage of children being born, not the percentage of black women who have these children, as I addressed earlier.

No one is saying that a large number of children are being born to single family homes. Instead I was challenging the way people have been led to believe that it is the majority of black women doing this, when it is actually not the majority. Did you look at the last link I posted?
Edited by blklady2013, Mar 2 2013, 11:20 PM.

leucine
FivePercenter
blklady2013
leucine

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepIn all actuality, only about 14% of black women in our race are having 70% of our children and are single parents. (There is a reason for this but that's another story...)

I was accused somewhere on this site of being an African American, which I am not but I am almost positive you are not an African American
A larger percentage are substandard in IQ (yes the dumbest blacks breed the fastest as first pointed out in 1969 by Dr. Arthur Jensen.

Are you seriously quoting a racist, eugenicist? He wants to exterminate black people. I mean come on. Modern people don't even advocate limiting the number of dogs because they think it's cruel. This guy wants to limit the number of black people in America. I'm not an arab nationalist but I love my people enough to not advocate letting the Israelis kill the fundamentalists even if I think fundamentalists are dumb as shit.

I think you need to read up on who you quote. Trust me when they start marching blacks to the gas chambers they are not going to stop with the "dumb" ones.

GenoMann
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
blklady2013
Mar 2 2013, 11:16 PM
GenoMann
Genomann,

Your study addresses the percentage of children being born, not the percentage of black women who have these children, as I addressed earlier.

No one is saying that a large number of children are being born to single family homes. Instead I was challenging the way people have been led to believe that it is the majority of black women doing this, when it is actually not the majority. Did you look at the last link I posted?
Are you reading the top table at the link I posted? With 67% of Black children being born in Single-parent families, how do you expect us to believe that most Black Mothers are not single parents? Are you going to say that Black women are more fertile when single than when married?

Quote:

Children in single-parent families by race (Percent) – 2011
Data Provided by: National KIDS COUNT Program
PrintEmailShare Raw DataTOOLBOX:

Scale: 10% - 100%United States
Non-Hispanic White 25%
Black or African American 67%
American Indian 53%
Asian and Pacific Islander 17%
Hispanic or Latino 42%
Total 35%

leucine
BTW. I don't want to go off on a tangent here but did you guys no that around 60% of kids in Scandinavia are born out of wedlock? Don't take my word for it. Look it up.

blklady2013
Member Avatar
GenoMann
Mar 4 2013, 08:11 PM
blklady2013
GenoMann
Genomann,

Are you reading the top table at the link I posted? With 67% of Black children being born in Single-parent families, how do you expect us to believe that most Black Mothers are not single parents? Are you going to say that Black women are more fertile when single than when married?

Quote:

Non-Hispanic White 25%
American Indian 53%
Hispanic or Latino 42%
Total 35%

Firstly we've got to do some simple math.
-In all there are about 76 million children in the U.S. in all according to Census Data.
Number of kids in millions

-14% of the entire 76 million children in the U.S. are black.
That's roughly about 10 million children.
Percentage of kids by race

-Blacks number at around 42 million in the U.S. There are about 22 million black women and 20 million black men.
AFRAM Demographics

So out of the 22 million black women, only about 4 million are single mothers.
Number of black single moms

These single mothers average about 2.5 children each. And that's how you get 4 million single mothers giving birth to 67% or the majority of children (7 million) in our race.

Meanwhile the other 18 million black women are unjustly blamed for it. Birthrates are actually down in the black population. In fact, those 4 million black single moms are just about the only ones having babies.

I'm very glad we're discussing this. You can't imagine how irritating this particular stereotype is to most black women. Its refreshing to flesh out the data and take an actual look at our demographics without the data being tarnished by stereotypes and racial assumptions...
And could you do me a favor and fact check my figures for me? Math was never my strong suit.
leucine
Mar 5 2013, 01:15 AM
BTW. I don't want to go off on a tangent here but did you guys no that around 60% of kids in Scandinavia are born out of wedlock? Don't take my word for it. Look it up.
You're right...I just googled it...I wonder if a small amount of women are baby-boomers like it is in AFAM demographics currently...
Edited by blklady2013, Mar 5 2013, 04:42 AM.

GenoMann
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
blklady2013
Mar 5 2013, 04:38 AM
GenoMann
blklady2013

Quote:

Non-Hispanic White 25%
American Indian 53%
Hispanic or Latino 42%
Total 35%

Firstly we've got to do some simple math.
-In all there are about 76 million children in the U.S. in all according to Census Data.
Number of kids in millions

-14% of the entire 76 million children in the U.S. are black.
That's roughly about 10 million children.
Percentage of kids by race

-Blacks number at around 42 million in the U.S. There are about 22 million black women and 20 million black men.
AFRAM Demographics

So out of the 22 million black women, only about 4 million are single mothers.
Number of black single moms

These single mothers average about 2.5 children each. And that's how you get 4 million single mothers giving birth to 67% or the majority of children (7 million) in our race.

Meanwhile the other 18 million black women are unjustly blamed for it. Birthrates are actually down in the black population. In fact, those 4 million black single moms are just about the only ones having babies.

I'm very glad we're discussing this. You can't imagine how irritating this particular stereotype is to most black women. Its refreshing to flesh out the data and take an actual look at our demographics without the data being tarnished by stereotypes and racial assumptions...
And could you do me a favor and fact check my figures for me? Math was never my strong suit.
leucine
Mar 5 2013, 01:15 AM
You're right...I just googled it...I wonder if a small amount of women are baby-boomers like it is in AFAM demographics currently...
What we have here is documentation of the corruption of the culture of Black Americans. Normally you would expect women to feel more comfortable having children within the assurance of marriage and a responsible father to provide for her and their children. What we have here is the replacement of married Black men by the fiscal support of the government. When you look to the source of the money, it is effectively comes from the mothers and fathers of other children. The cautious and responsible get to pay for the reckless irresponsibility of "the disadvantaged." Government sponsered moral corruption or money laundering? It is hard to tell which is more accurate.

The same exists in Wales where less than a quarter of people are born in the household of their two biological parents.

blklady2013
Member Avatar
GenoMann
Mar 10 2013, 01:39 AM
GenoMann
What we have here is documentation of the corruption of the culture of Black Americans. Normally you would expect women to feel more comfortable having children within the assurance of marriage and a responsible father to provide for her and their children. What we have here is the replacement of married Black men by the fiscal support of the government. When you look to the source of the money, it is effectively comes from the mothers and fathers of other children. The cautious and responsible get to pay for the reckless irresponsibility of "the disadvantaged." Government sponsered moral corruption or money laundering? It is hard to tell which is more accurate.

The same exists in Wales where less than a quarter of people are born in the household of their two biological parents.

Okay. So let me get this straight. When faced with irrefutable truth and forced to admit to being mistaken about the majority of black women being "baby mamas" (I gotta rub that in...), you ignore all evidence to the contrary and still doggedly apply the mistakes of a few to the overall "culture of black americans"...
Really? :rolleyes:
I'm a little disappointed but I'm not surprised.

Oh well, let the record show the truth and let the stereotypes die. Ironically, what you don't understand is the same stereotypes and application of the actions of a few to an entire demographic, is the very cause of the irresponsible behaviors of this sub-culture. These people engage in these actions because they've been forcefed (much like you) this idea that this IS our culture, because media representation of black women are rife with these lies that there is more than enough evidence to refute. People see this, think that this is what everyone is doing and do it to fit into this lie of what our culture is.
So if you REALLY are disgusted, if you REALLY believe these behaviors to be corrupt, then stop doing your part to spread lies and pass off a minority of ignorant people as an entire movement when its actually NOT. :shakehead: How can people not understand the logic in this?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Gender & Sexuality · Next Topic »
Add Reply