Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Are Middle Easterners considered "White" in the US?
Topic Started: Nov 10 2012, 07:11 PM (37,655 Views)
asipro1
Carlos
Nov 12 2012, 04:28 AM
FairyPrincess
Nov 12 2012, 04:03 AM
Well, as far as I'm concerned; she's either embarrassed of being part amerindian, or she truly doesn't have it. And you gotta be out of your mind if you think she's ssa.
she has it, all of them do, they are not ashamed, they just dont need to say it, saying Colombian or Mexican(Salma) is enough for you to realize that hey she might be mixed with amerindian like the majority of the population :rolleyes:

i am not ashamed of my black ancestry and if i were famous, i would not mention anything, just saying im mexican-american is enough for people to know that i am mixed somewhere done the line, and i am sure they will only mention my italian ancestry and nothing else because of my last names[/i]

It doesn't matter if 99% of a population is mixed with Native American. You cannot just assume she is native American based on a nationality. It's fallacious. Trying to guess her mother's ancestry by looks is not even reliable. Even if we were, her mother looks nothing like your average Colombian "mestizo". Her mother can get lost in Italy and in Spain. Actually, she looks very much like many of the Castillian women I've seen from the nose, to the eyes, and to the facial structure that my assessment of her mother by looks is 100% Euro. I mean, it's just as reliable as your guess.

Also saying Salma Hayek has sub-Saharan ancestry because she was born in a state that has an average 12% sub-Saharan ancestry just makes no sense. And, I'll fact check you about the "people in Veracruz that are on average 12% SSA."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stormer99
Member Avatar
Madame Boss
asipro1
Nov 19 2012, 11:31 PM
Carlos
Nov 12 2012, 04:28 AM
FairyPrincess
Nov 12 2012, 04:03 AM
Well, as far as I'm concerned; she's either embarrassed of being part amerindian, or she truly doesn't have it. And you gotta be out of your mind if you think she's ssa.
she has it, all of them do, they are not ashamed, they just dont need to say it, saying Colombian or Mexican(Salma) is enough for you to realize that hey she might be mixed with amerindian like the majority of the population :rolleyes:

i am not ashamed of my black ancestry and if i were famous, i would not mention anything, just saying im mexican-american is enough for people to know that i am mixed somewhere done the line, and i am sure they will only mention my italian ancestry and nothing else because of my last names[/i]

It doesn't matter if 99% of a population is mixed with Native American. You cannot just assume she is native American based on a nationality. It's fallacious. Trying to guess her mother's ancestry by looks is not even reliable. Even if we were, her mother looks nothing like your average Colombian "mestizo". Her mother can get lost in Italy and in Spain. Actually, she looks very much like many of the Castillian women I've seen from the nose, to the eyes, and to the facial structure that my assessment of her mother by looks is 100% Euro. I mean, it's just as reliable as your guess.

Also saying Salma Hayek has sub-Saharan ancestry because she was born in a state that has an average 12% sub-Saharan ancestry just makes no sense. And, I'll fact check you about the "people in Veracruz that are on average 12% SSA."
Also an average is just an average. An area may have on average 12% SSA admixture but an individual from that place could be anywhere from 0% to 100%.
Edited by Stormer99, Nov 20 2012, 05:32 AM.
Hunting Down Morons...One idiot at a time!

The Baron
Member Avatar
✡GNU/FOSS separatist✡
Alberta
Nov 12 2012, 02:47 AM
Is this half breed White, don't quote!
White lol he is half Middle Eastern maternally and have North Caucasian paternally.
Lol, you look like a Puerto Rican guy I know, except you have a weaker jawline and slightly shorter forehead.
✡This post was sponsored by the state of Israel ✡
Super Duper Supernova

Who lived in eastern Europe? Mongoloids, that's who.

Bulletproofpride

Now we are all OK because we live in California.

Sefardita.iberico

I am nerd and you is loooooooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I'll state my psychiatrist, Adamo D'Souza. He's good, I managed to cure skin allergy is my anus. Was a psychopatological think in my anus.

riverside21
Ethbaal
Nov 16 2012, 12:18 AM
objectiverealist
Nov 16 2012, 12:09 AM
Ethbaal
Nov 16 2012, 12:07 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
What do you think explains it? The fact the Christians look more like Lebanese and Syrians than they do their Islamic neighbors?
Geography most probably. Palestinians were more exposed to the southerners than say the Latakians. Also the Bedouins percentage amongst the Palestinains is high and they are spread everywhere not only the Negev desert. Obviously the Bedouins won't mix with the christians.
I would say that, if differences do exist, Palestinians are much more like Lebanese/Syrians than Bedouins or Egyptians.

I would also say that Palestinians abroad are almost indistinguishable from Lebanese/Syrians, so -- to the point of the original question -- differences that exist in the Middle East might not matter quite as much in the U.S. or Canada.
Edited by riverside21, Nov 20 2012, 07:12 AM.

Ethbaal
riverside21
Nov 20 2012, 06:56 AM
Ethbaal
Nov 16 2012, 12:18 AM
objectiverealist
Nov 16 2012, 12:09 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Geography most probably. Palestinians were more exposed to the southerners than say the Latakians. Also the Bedouins percentage amongst the Palestinains is high and they are spread everywhere not only the Negev desert. Obviously the Bedouins won't mix with the christians.
I would say that, if differences do exist, Palestinians are much more like Lebanese/Syrians than Bedouins or Egyptians.

I would also say that Palestinians abroad are almost indistinguishable from Lebanese/Syrians, so -- to the point of the original question -- differences that exist in the Middle East might not matter quite as much in the U.S. or Canada.
I have been to Gaza for instance and I could definitely say that a Gazan is much closer to an Egyptian than he is to a Lebanese from a phenotypical and a cultural point of view.
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Oscar Wilde

FaerieQueene
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Please let this thread die, and never be dug up again.
"First the Saturday people, then the Sunday people." -----Islamic-Arabic phrase exemplifying their racism towards Jews and Christians.

Trog
Jul 7 2014, 08:42 PM
This is an organised attack, she's been lead on by others. Starting with "Carlos" and his other fag hag, FQ.

JewFist
FairyPrincess
Nov 20 2012, 07:07 PM
Please let this thread die, and never be dug up again.
For once, we agree.

Such a stupid thread.

nomar34
Member Avatar
Banned
7eleven
Nov 10 2012, 07:54 PM
No , no one here would consider Middle Easterners white.
That's true. Anglos would never consider Arabs as white people. White is reserved for European descendants .
Javen is on my ignore list.

pusaz
ethnerd
Maronite Lebanese have English, Mongolian, Armenian, as well as possible French and Italian blood admixture. I'm a Maronite, and we indeed have Crusader blood. Not only is it known throughout all of lebanon, there is proof in the gene pool. My brother has ash blonde hair, and our great aunt who is 100% Lebanese has blue eyes, light skin, and in her youth, dark red hair. HOW DO YOU GET ALL OF THAT?! Crusader blood from the Crusades (duh). The mongolian admixture is more rare but is indeed still seen in lebanese with the oriental folding of the eyes, my sister has this and another fellow maronite male I am friends with has this.

Also, even before all of this, the Maronites were the Phoenicians, they were christianized by Armenians (Maradites), the first christians. the Phoenicians were of a mediterranean complexion that can be seen in plenty of european countries the same. Not only that, the name of Spain and even Europe itself comes from the Phoenicians. So I beg to differ when people say that Lebanese (especially the Maronite-phoenician descended) have nothing to do with Europe. If being "European" is what makes you "white", then so are the Anatolian Turks, Lebanese, etc. There are people from Italy, Spain, Greece, even Bulgaria that are darker in complexion than a Lebanese.

Funk
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Just to play Devil's advocate, when has Ralph Nader's whiteness ever been questioned? He's 100% Maronite Lebanese, and even dark at that.
Posted Image
Quote:

Maronite Lebanese have English, Mongolian, Armenian, as well as possible French and Italian blood admixture. I'm a Maronite, and we indeed have Crusader blood.

Lol, folk myth is really irrelevant in scientific discussions. Most admixture in Maronites is from recent marriages between wealthy Maronites and foreigners, it certainly isn't ancient. The peasants in the Middle East are usually the "purest".
Edited by Funk, Nov 23 2012, 08:31 AM.

Lazar
Member Avatar
PortuguesePoster
Nov 11 2012, 10:53 PM
Peterparker
Nov 11 2012, 10:45 PM
Lol nah us Indians have always been Pakis to the Australians. Wogs are exclusively southern Euros and mid Easterns.
Ok, wogdom extends from Yugoslavia almost to the borders of India. I think the groups encompassed by wog expanded as new more swarthier waves of immigrants arrived. :biggrin: Anyway the consumption of large amounts of beer leads them to confuse the various Balkan, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern groups.
It extends from the borders of pakistan to all of non germanic europe. In Australia even Poles are considered wogs for example, and once upon a time in colonial America even certain Germans and Scandos weren't "white".

JewFist
nomar34
Nov 22 2012, 03:01 AM
7eleven
That's true. Anglos would never consider Arabs as white people. White is reserved for European descendants .
Since when does Middle East = Arab, necessarily? As someone of non-Arab Middle Eastern descent (although I do have some Arab buried in there too), this line of thinking really pisses me off. Arab tribes did not have much of a presence in the Levant until the 7th century AD, when they essentially swallowed up whatever indigenous cultures remained.
Edited by JewFist, Nov 26 2012, 01:53 PM.

Metal Gear
People think of Middle Easterners as a group of not being white, but if they saw individual middle easterners, they'd probably mistake them for Europeans.

Basically if the average American studied more anthropology, they'd conclude that middle easterners are white.
FKA EagleEye

FaerieQueene
Member Avatar
Pro Member
JewFist
Nov 26 2012, 01:48 PM
nomar34
Nov 22 2012, 03:01 AM
7eleven
Since when does Middle East = Arab, necessarily? As someone of non-Arab Middle Eastern descent (although I do have some Arab buried in there too), this line of thinking really pisses me off. Arab tribes did not have much of a presence in the Levant until the 7th century AD, when they essentially swallowed up whatever indigenous cultures remained.
Jewfist, I don't feel like arguing with you on your beliefs, just letting you know that Nomar34 only commented in this thread in the first place, because he was trying to troll me. Thank goodness he's permabanned now.
Metal Gear
Nov 26 2012, 03:03 PM
People think of Middle Easterners as a group of not being white, but if they saw individual middle easterners, they'd probably mistake them for Europeans.

Basically if the average American studied more anthropology, they'd conclude that middle easterners are white.
Exactly, Middle Eastern is not a race. It's not a valid racial or anthropological term. It's not even an accurate geographic term.
Edited by FaerieQueene, Dec 8 2012, 05:25 AM.
"First the Saturday people, then the Sunday people." -----Islamic-Arabic phrase exemplifying their racism towards Jews and Christians.

Trog
Jul 7 2014, 08:42 PM
This is an organised attack, she's been lead on by others. Starting with "Carlos" and his other fag hag, FQ.

Caudium
Member Avatar
Anti-905er
A more Politically Correct term for "non-White" is "visible minority". Middle Easterners are considered as such, at least in terms of demographics. Here is a screenshot of Canada Canon's application page:

Posted Image

^ Wow! And that's for Canon -- a PRIVATE sector company. I know there's a lot of sheltered and uninformed basement dwellers in this forum, but the PUBLIC sector is even more generous to minorities. You can only imagine then the unearned benefits MENA would have that even the dark South Euros aren't privy to.

Well....if MENA can't capitalize on these circumstances (which are based on what they were born into rather than on personal achievement, intelligence, skill, and competence) then they have no one but themselves and a shiftless predisposition to blame. Easier to play the victim than put forth an effort.

Special Note: And NO, I'm not talking about ALL Middle Easterners at all. Plenty of decent ones.
Edited by Caudium, Dec 14 2012, 02:57 AM.

Azamat
Advanced Member
^Why does that form differentiate between "white" and "non-white" West Asians? A Caucasian is as "white" as a North Iranian, a Kurd or a Northwestern Turk, to the extent these groups can be considered white. Or does the category include Southwest Asia unlike the term does in a usual context?
Edited by Azamat, Dec 14 2012, 03:00 AM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Caudium
Member Avatar
Anti-905er
^ You're reading too much into it. Obviously all West Asians will be "non-White".

No matter what way you look at it, it's good food-for-thought. Demonstrates that MENA are privy to the benefits of affirmative action (without demonstrating relevant acumen) and there is a distinction between them and Europeans (including Southern Europeans who obviously are not privy to affirmative action). Gives one pause -- especially with a private sector company; since there will be much more (benefits) with the public sector.
Edited by Caudium, Dec 14 2012, 04:10 AM.

Shenandoah
Member Avatar
It's Iroquois for "Deer"
Middle Eastern people who look white are regarded as white, but they still don't regard themselves as white. My mom looks Iberian and she gets treated as though she is a white person, but she doesn't consider herself white. I've met Jewish people who have the same sort of mentality.

Anyways, white is a status symbol in America and white people don't want to allow more people into the group because it dilutes their own power. One-drop is an example of that.

Peterparker
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Shenandoah
Dec 14 2012, 04:11 AM
Middle Eastern people who look white are regarded as white, but they still don't regard themselves as white. My mom looks Iberian and she gets treated as though she is a white person, but she doesn't consider herself white. I've met Jewish people who have the same sort of mentality.

Anyways, white is a status symbol in America and white people don't want to allow more people into the group because it dilutes their own power. One-drop is an example of that.
:clap: couldn't have said it better my self.
" hey everybody look at our grand party, that you are not invited to"
And honestly all the "off -white" groups who try to play the "im cacausian" card, just want to be part of that exclusive club because it is really like a status symbol to them(us). I highly doubt these groups want to be part of the white race to be all chummy chummy with their distant Caucasian cousin, but instead want to be included so that they can benefit socially from being labeled as white.
Edited by Peterparker, Dec 14 2012, 04:35 AM.

Shenandoah
Member Avatar
It's Iroquois for "Deer"
"Oh, if they are considered white, I won't feel so special anymore."

As the number of white people falls in America, the remaining white people will increasingly feel "special" for being white because they will be surrounded by their worshippers(non-white people).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Inter-Group Relations · Next Topic »
Add Reply