Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Coldest and Hottest countries TOP 10
Topic Started: Jul 30 2012, 02:42 PM (69,962 Views)
Tsirkus
Member Avatar

Coldest countries

10. Norway [ H : 35.6 °C (96.1 °F) , L : −51.4 °C (−60.5 °F)]
9. Belarus [ H : 38.9 °C (102 °F), L : −42.2 °C (−44.0 °F)]
8. Estonia [ H : 35.6 °C (96.1 °F), L : −43.5 °C (−46.0 °F)]
7. Sweden [ H : 38.0 °C (100.4 °F), L : −53.0 °C (−63.4 °F)]
6. Kazakhstan
5. Iceland [ H : 30.5 °C (86.9 °F), L : −37.9 °C (−36.2 °F)]
4. Finland [ H : 37.2 °C (99.0 °F), L : −51.5 °C (−60.7 °F)]
3. Mongolia
2. Canada [ H : 45.0 °C (113 °F), L : −63 °C (−81 °F)]
1. Russia [ H : 45.4 °C (113.7 °F), L : −67.8 °C (−90.0 °F)]

Although
Quote:

Greenland is not a fully indipendent country. If included it would rank 1st on its own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfs4jPR3BDI

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hottest countries in the world

10. Mexico [ H : 53.0 °C (127.4 °F), L : −32 °C (−25.6 °F) ]
9. Somalia [ H : 55.0 °C (131 °F), L : ??? ]
8. India [ H : 50 °C (122 °F), L : −33.9 °C (−29.0 °F)]
7. Sudan [ H :49.7 °C (121.5 °F), L : ??? ]
6. Oman
5. Iran [ H : ???, L : −36 °C (−32.8 °F)]
4. Algeria [ H : 51.0 °C (123.8 °F), L : −20 °C (−4 °F)]
3. Iraq [ H : 52.0 °C (125.7 °F), L : −17.6 °C (0.3 °F)]
2. Saudi Arabia [ H : 52.0 °C (125.6 °F). L : ??? ]
1. Libya [ H : 57.8°C (136°F), L : ??? ]

http://www.toptenguru.com/community/top-ten-hottest-climate-countries-in-the-world-2011-2012.html
Higest and Lowest - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_weather_records

Highest and lowest by continent
Spoiler: click to toggle

Edited by Tsirkus, Jul 30 2012, 05:54 PM.
mirror mirror on the wall, who is the whitest of them all ?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bulletproofpride
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I haven't paid attention to the cold countries but the top 10 hottest country list you got is wrong.

Hottest recorded temperature at 1 point was in Libya.
But hottest inhabited place in the world is Ethiopia in a place called (dallol).
A British science team even made a documentary about it 3-4 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebM7G4hyFFw

topos
Member Avatar
Pro Member
I heard that an Iranian desert is the hottest place on earth with typical temperature heights of 72 degree Celsius.

Bulletproofpride
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Yes I heard about that iranian dessert, but it is not all year round.

Dallol, Ethiopia is made official by scientist because it is baking all year round ( no winter, hardly any rain just volcanoes erupting)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7950845.stm

Read this its from the bbc

http://docuwiki.net/index.php?title=The_Hottest_Place_on_Earth

Edited by Bulletproofpride, Jul 30 2012, 08:34 PM.

Azamat
Advanced Member
It's interesting how the very warmest countriest on that list are known for producing lineages of light-skinned people aswell.
Edited by Azamat, Jul 30 2012, 08:41 PM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Bulletproofpride
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Azamat
Jul 30 2012, 08:35 PM
It's interesting how the very warmest countriest on that list are known for producing lineages of light-skinned people aswell.
Maybe because skin colour has more to do with UV -Rays and not the actual temprature of certain place.

Tsirkus
Member Avatar

Bulletproofpride
Jul 30 2012, 08:12 PM
I haven't paid attention to the cold countries but the top 10 hottest country list you got is wrong.

Hottest recorded temperature at 1 point was in Libya.
But hottest inhabited place in the world is Ethiopia in a place called (dallol).
A British science team even made a documentary about it 3-4 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebM7G4hyFFw

yeah but it is only one place as i understand
i did also search coldest country list whitout U.S.A because Alaska is cold that doesn't make whole country cold country.
mirror mirror on the wall, who is the whitest of them all ?

Bulletproofpride
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Sorry, Yep you are right because certain places in ethiopia is really cold.

The highest average annual mean temperature would be djibouti.
Its a tiny country that forms part of the afar triangle which Dallol ( the hottest official place annualy) is part off.

Azamat
Advanced Member
Bulletproofpride
Jul 30 2012, 09:30 PM
Azamat
Maybe because skin colour has more to do with UV -Rays and not the actual temprature of certain place.
I'm not a physicist, but UV irradiation, if not absolutely, usually parallels IR light reception on a mondial scale and therefore heat, unless there are geographical factors at play influencing temparature regionally or locally. Coming to think of that, it surprises me that the highest temparature in Libya was not recorded near the volcanic fields in mid-Libya due to the reduced albedo effect because of the darker soil there(which should retain heat).
Edited by Azamat, Jul 30 2012, 10:54 PM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Oxy
Azamat
Proto-Arabs have Northern Neolithic ancestry from the cool Caucasus/Anatolia area (IJ lineage originated there).

Marcus Absent
Member Avatar
Been to Dallol Ethiopia, its in the Ogaden (somali zone)

But its nowhere near as hot as Djibouti's lake assal region IMO.

Bulletproofpride
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I always wondered why the somalis from djibouti were couple of shades darker than theire counter parts in somalia ,ethiopia.

Marcus Absent
Member Avatar
Its not just djibouti...its the same in Somaliland, even within sub-clans.

The Iessa-Muuse and Garxajis from the coastal regions (berbera, zeila, etc) in the north are darker, some quite black skinned compared to their clanmates in the haud regions and the highlands towards Ethiopia...Many of the Gadabursi and Isaaq folk near Jigjiga had a cafe-au-lait colour to them, infact the majority were lighter skinned than myself.

Bulletproofpride
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Yeh I heard about the whole northern part of the Horn (afar regions and the northern somali clans ) live in the hottest places on earth all year round. They are also some of the darkest people on earth along side the south sudan people.

Oxy
Bulletproofpride
Jul 31 2012, 05:05 AM
Yeh I heard about the whole northern part of the Horn (afar regions and the northern somali clans ) live in the hottest places on earth all year round. They are also some of the darkest people on earth along side the south sudan people.

Not really. First of all it takes thousands of years for skin tone change and Djibouti was not inhabited continuously. Most of the present inhabitants come recently from Ethiopia and Somalia after the camel was introduced there (merely 2 kya).
Edited by Oxy, Jul 31 2012, 06:40 AM.

Marcus Absent
Member Avatar
Oxy
Jul 31 2012, 06:31 AM
Bulletproofpride

Not really. First of all it takes thousands of years for skin tone change and Djibouti was not inhabited continuously. Most of the present inhabitants come recently from Ethiopia and Somalia after the camel was introduced there (merely 1 kya).
The dromedary was domesticated in arabia sometime around 3,000 BC...it was introduced in the Horn of Africa about 2,000 years later (still, a full millenia before its emergence in Egypt and NW Africa)

http://ipac.kacst.edu.sa/eDoc/eBook/2339.pdf

I think Djibouti/Afar region of Ethiopia has been continuosly inhabited, and I mean from Hominid species, to modern day times, and would say that its the proper homeland of homo sapiens sapiens.

Oxy
LE Cushitic speakers (which includes Oromo, Afar, and Somali) are a relatively recent group from the highlands of Southeastern Ethiopia.

Read this study:
http://wisc.academia.edu/HerbertLewis/Papers/188960/The_Origins_of_the_Galla_and_Somali

Areas like Djibouti and the Afar depression were mostly uninhabited until recently.
Edited by Oxy, Jul 31 2012, 06:51 AM.

Bulletproofpride
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Oxy
Jul 31 2012, 06:31 AM
Bulletproofpride

Not really. First of all it takes thousands of years for skin tone change and Djibouti was not inhabited continuously. Most of the present inhabitants come recently from Ethiopia and Somalia after the camel was introduced there (merely 2 kya).
Somalis from Djibouti are know to be couple of shades darker than Southern somalis because they live officially near and around the hottest place on earth ( Afar deppresion ). This darkness is not permenant but rather it's a strong tan.

Also somalis and infact all Cushitic speakers who are known to carry E-v32 as majority are believed to have come from the North (Sudan). Theire migration was coastal (meaning they migrated following the red sea down wards).

Now for this to happen they must have been in djibouti first before the highlands. I aslo believe that somalis would not have left the highlands if they knew how fertile it was.
Edited by Bulletproofpride, Aug 1 2012, 06:32 AM.

Nam
Member Avatar
Good title to get attention. Anyone misread the title?
FucЖeveriwon
Posted Image
..maybe like sun too, as if these tiny beings loved sunlight so much, they imitated the radiating sun, created their own architecture of sun worship.

ashwinb
India has huge diversity, which is why it could come close to the coldest countries as well,because of the himalayas.
And one should look at average annual temperatures rather than just extremes.
Edited by ashwinb, Sep 7 2012, 06:47 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Demography & Geography · Next Topic »
Add Reply