Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Latest DNA Tribes 2012 admixtures
Topic Started: Mar 12 2012, 09:19 PM (1,825 Views)
Xolotl
Updated admixture populations

http://www.dnatribes.com/dnatribes-snp-admixture-2012-03-12.pdf
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Xolotl
Quote:

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to announce a new update for DNA Tribes® SNP analysis for Spring 2012:

New SNP populations: Several new populations have been added to our database:

New African populations: Somalia.

New European populations: Basque Spain; Galicia Spain; Poland and West Slavic (mixed); Scandinavia; Western Scotland and Ireland.

New Middle Eastern populations: Arab (Doha, Qatar).

New Modern Diasporic populations: African (Doha, Qatar); Canary Islands; Persian and South Asian (Doha, Qatar).

New South Asian populations: Bengali India; Bhunjia India; Brahmin Tamil Nadu India; Brahmin Uttar Pradesh India; Brahmin Uttaranchal India; Chamar India; Chenchu India; Dharkar India; Dhurwa India; Dusadh India; Gond India; Hakkipikki India; Kanjar India; Kol India; Kshatriya Uttar Pradesh India; Kurmi India; Kurumba India; Lambadi India; Mawasi India; Meena India; Meghawal India; Muslim Uttar Pradesh India; Naga India; Nihali India; Piramalai Kallar India; Pulliyar India; Scheduled Caste Tamil Nadu India; Scheduled Caste Uttar Pradesh India; Tharu India; Velama India.

Enhanced Population Comparison: DNA Tribes® SNP now features a new enhanced Member Similarity comparison of your genotype to world populations. The new match algorithm allows smaller samples to appear higher in your population rankings, for a smoother listing of populations.

New World Regions: Regional admixture analysis now includes the Iberian and Northwest European regions (both formerly part of the Atlantic European region), for a total of 21 world regions. For a complete list of regions, see page 3 of any sample SNP report at http://dnatribes.com/snp.html.

World Admixture Tables: Comprehensive admixture tables summarizing continental and regional components of sampled world populations in our database is available at http://www.dnatribes.com/dnatribes-snp-admixture-2012-03-12.pdf.

New Sample Reports: Updated DNA Tribes® SNP reports for several world populations are available at http://dnatribes.com/snp.html. New SNP analysis orders (Sale Price $49.99) and updates to your personal DNA Tribes® SNP report can also be ordered at this link.

http://dnatribes.com/snp-update-spring2012.pdf

Delilah
Member Avatar
DELILAH
Sorry you can't sell me this product. After they said my top match was Chinese I lost all confidence in their analysis.
"Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing frighten you. All things pass. God does not change. Patience achieves everything. Whoever has God lacks nothing. God alone suffices." St. Teresa of Avila

Xolotl
Delilah
Mar 12 2012, 10:59 PM
Sorry you can't sell me this product. After they said my top match was Chinese I lost all confidence in their analysis.
Lol!! Chinese?? I think this is for people who have substantial admixture. My top match was with the totonac. They updated their database. galicia and basque populations was added.

Delilah
Member Avatar
DELILAH
Xolotl
Mar 12 2012, 11:02 PM
Delilah
Lol!! Chinese?? I think this is for people who have substantial admixture. My top match was with the totonac. They updated their database. galicia and basque populations was added.
It was awhile when I was foolish enough to spend $200 dollars for crap like that.
"Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing frighten you. All things pass. God does not change. Patience achieves everything. Whoever has God lacks nothing. God alone suffices." St. Teresa of Avila

Bagadata
Member Avatar
Banned
Seems just as bad as Genebase.com :shakehead:

Xolotl
Delilah
Mar 12 2012, 11:04 PM
Xolotl
Delilah
It was awhile when I was foolish enough to spend $200 dollars for crap like that.
I sended my 23andme genome raw data to them, i only paid 30$ for their snp analysis.
mountaineer
Mar 12 2012, 11:18 PM
you paid for that load of crap?
Edited by Xolotl, Mar 13 2012, 12:07 AM.

Bagadata
Member Avatar
Banned
Xolotl
Mar 12 2012, 11:58 PM
Delilah
Mar 12 2012, 11:04 PM
Xolotl

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I sended my 23andme genome raw data to them, i only paid 30$ for their snp analysis.
mountaineer
Mar 12 2012, 11:18 PM
you paid for that load of crap?
Over $500! All I got was one haplogroup and one subclade!

solidus
Member Avatar
wat
so according to these tests, Southern Italians are more Middle Eastern than majority of Caucasus people?

And Kurds seem to be more European than Middle Eastern? and Hungarians are 100% European? :confused:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Trog
Member Avatar
Psycho Nurse
I like that Western Scotland and Ireland are considered distinct. I seem to cluster closer to Irish than even some Irish! Polako's sequences also seem to have me as one of the most western out of all the northern European samples, with most English and Scots heading closer to Kent.

Curious2know
Delilah
That was their STR test. This is their SNP Analysis, which is based on your 23andMe raw data. General opinion is this one is far more reliable.

Dewd
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Cyprus- 54.7% European, 45.3% Middle Eastern

oh man if delphi sees this she's gonna use it as "proof" that she was right about italians... how right can this be?
Edited by Dewd, Mar 13 2012, 03:08 AM.

Xolotl
Curious2know
Mar 13 2012, 02:13 AM
Delilah
That was their STR test. This is their SNP Analysis, which is based on your 23andMe raw data. General opinion is this one is far more reliable.
The snp analysis is great for new worlder latin americans and people of sub saharan african decent. I don't know about you guys...

Bagadata
Member Avatar
Banned
Dewd
Mar 13 2012, 03:05 AM

oh man if delphi sees this she's gonna use it as "proof" that she was right about italians... how right can this be?
Saudi Arabia 100% Arabian
Jewish Yemen 100% Arabian

Cyprus 36.0% Arabian
Iran 28.7% Arabian
South Italy & Sicily 20.6% Arabian
Armenia 12.8% Arabian
Puerto Rico 12.7% Arabian
Tunisia 6.6% Arabian
Romania 6.1% Arabian
Morocco 0.0% Arabian

Something is wrong here... very wrong.

Tunisia 6.6 while Cyprus 36.0, Iran 28.7, and Italy 20.6?? Wtf
Edited by Bagadata, Mar 13 2012, 03:31 AM.

Crimson Guard
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Dewd
Mar 13 2012, 03:05 AM

It is just commercial genetic testing company that is essentially crap.

Real science:

Global Population Structure; Cluster membership charts

http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/920185/1/#new

European Population Structure; PCA, MDS and FCA plots

http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/927880/1/

Posted Image

Charlie Bass
Unashamedly Black
When people post these PCAs and charts I wonder do they really understand what they're reading?
Y chromosone haplogroup: E3b1a7a-West African

mtDNA haplogroup: L4b2- East/Northeast African.

The Boss
Member Avatar
Well I guess we all agree, these results make no sense.
Classification: Pontid-Alpine

Delilah
Member Avatar
DELILAH
They should put their sources for these results.

Trog
Member Avatar
Psycho Nurse
They have western Scots at 5% Indus valley mixture. Sounds more like their sample is very, very limited, or that they don't have any at all and instead rely on urban myths.

Crimson Guard
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Only real thing which I think is important in a sense from this "admixtures" is that Southern Italians & Sicilians(even Central and Northern Italians for that matter) in this thing do not have any "North African" or "SSA" as popularly thrown around in certain net circles and genome bloggers / email genetic calculators. Nearest I think what this company did was take and combine Y chromosome J1, J2 and E3b and turned it into this "Middle Eastern" and then their "Anatolian-Caucasian" and "Arabian" labels which is entirely absurd and misleading even despite those labels being Caucasoid themselves. On another note, Italy lacks any "Northwest European" - even Northern Italy.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Population Genetics · Next Topic »
Add Reply