Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Is cleft chin primarily a Europid trait?
Topic Started: Nov 2 2011, 03:36 AM (9,639 Views)
Kingofhearts
Member Avatar
PLVS VLTRA
Curious about this. The majority of the time it's mainly Caucasian people I've seen with the cleft chin AKA butt chin. I have it myself and it seems to run in my family. I have seen it on people of other ethnicities, but usually those people have some kind of European admixture in them. Don't think I have ever seen it on a pure blooded african person or native American or Asian.

So what's the deal why does this seem like a trait more common in Europeans?
"Guys that get married and have kids at a young age are suckers. I see them struggling financially with some fat disgusting woman and a small baby and I gloat in front of them with my expensive material possessions and care free attitude." - Robert
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Robert
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Chins in general are more common in Europeans but Iranians/Middle Easterners/Indians will have butt chins as well occasionally. If you look at African Americans, many of them don't have chins at all.

Posted Image

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ErmfiV6nM[/youtube]

zeta
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
It's called having a dimple in the chin! It's in my family too. :)
This is Dinarid. If they don't look like this, then they ain't Dinarid.
Posted Image

Kingofhearts
Member Avatar
PLVS VLTRA
Haha Lil Wayne. He's so ugly. I used to like him up to the Carter 3. His newest single "how to love" really sucks. I mean what is he thinking really, Trying to be a pop artist all of a sudden?

Anyway, back on topic....
"Guys that get married and have kids at a young age are suckers. I see them struggling financially with some fat disgusting woman and a small baby and I gloat in front of them with my expensive material possessions and care free attitude." - Robert

HoboWithAShotGun
Banned
Kingofhearts
Nov 2 2011, 05:06 AM
Haha Lil Wayne. He's so ugly. I used to like him up to the Carter 3. His newest single "how to love" really sucks. I mean what is he thinking really, Trying to be a pop artist all of a sudden?

Anyway, back on topic....
Lil Wayne looks like a Gremlin, that is how ugly he is.

Kingofhearts
Member Avatar
PLVS VLTRA
Quote:

Lil Wayne looks like a Gremlin, that is how ugly he is.

Actually he always reminded me of this guy
Posted Image
Edited by Kingofhearts, Nov 2 2011, 05:33 AM.

New Englander
Member Avatar
i dont know about chins, but my uncle has one and he was classafied as east euro with arminoid fretures.

What about cleft noses, were the cartlage in the tip had a split going down the middle?

Crimson Guard
Member Avatar
Pro Member
It is genetic and hereditary.

Quote:

Kirk Douglas passed his chin dimple to his son Michael, but what appears to be a straightforward inherited trait in the Douglas family has a lot more moving parts. How much of a chin dimple you have—very pronounced, slight, or none at all—has to do with common variants in many different genes. So far, researchers at 23andMe have identified two genetic variants associated with the trait in people of European ancestry. The C version of rs10953183 is associated with more pronounced chin dimple and the C version of rs7568419 is associated with less of a chin dimple.

https://www.23andme.com/about/factoids/
Edited by Crimson Guard, Nov 2 2011, 02:34 PM.
Posted Image

Prioriteringar
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I'm not sure about racial determination of the chin.

I've seen a Jordanian guy with a large, strong chin; and I've seen many Russian women with small chins (most of them?).
  • U.S. American of Irish-Welsh descent, classified Alpinid+Atlantomed×4, Alpinid×2, Alpinid+Atlantid, Atlantid+CM, Paleo-Atlantid, Dinarid+Alpinid, Atlantomed+Dinarid, Med+Alpinid, Turanid

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

MichiganLady
Member Avatar
big diff between a strong, cleft chin (a la some Brits/Celtic types) and simply a slight dimple or dent, possibly even on a weak chin.

my grandmother who is Slovenian and NE'n Croatian is the only one in my all-European family with so much as a dimple (far as I know) -- and the rest of me is mainly Swedish, Scottish, German etc.

Posted Image
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Kingofhearts
Member Avatar
PLVS VLTRA
Here's my butt chin. This is pretty much how everyone else in my family has it

Edit:
Edited by Kingofhearts, Nov 3 2011, 04:39 AM.

Delilah
Member Avatar
DELILAH
It's not that bad. This guy has it worse and he's a famous actor. Yuck!

Posted Image
"Let nothing disturb you. Let nothing frighten you. All things pass. God does not change. Patience achieves everything. Whoever has God lacks nothing. God alone suffices." St. Teresa of Avila

Kingofhearts
Member Avatar
PLVS VLTRA
Haha two face from batman!! Yeah I always thought his chin was kinda funky looking

Robert
Member Avatar
Pro Member
I have a cleft chin and no one else in my family has it. I'm also very hairy (hairy chest and I just get hairier every year, dammit) and no other male in my family is hairy. I'm not sure where it comes from.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ErmfiV6nM[/youtube]

GenoMann
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Robert
Nov 3 2011, 04:42 AM
I have a cleft chin and no one else in my family has it. I'm also very hairy (hairy chest and I just get hairier every year, dammit) and no other male in my family is hairy. I'm not sure where it comes from.
The hair is simply migrating from the top of your head. You can futilely spend lots of money on it and/or be embarassed about it - or just get used to it. Women of all ages run their hands through the hair fur on my arms. It seems to be an instinct of neurotics who are uninhibited toward me.

The cleft on my chin is now almost undetectable. When I was much thinner, it was very noticeable.
“The man of the true religious tradition understands two things: liberty and obedience. The first means knowing what you really want. The second means knowing what you really trust.” - G.K.’s Weekly, August 18, 1928

pearlblue647
I'm not sure why its more common in Europeans. I am an Asian Female with a cleft chin. It's noticeable at certain angles or when the light hits face at the right places. When I was younger, it was easier to see. As far as I know everyone in my family has been South-East Asian or a bit Chinese. I haven't seen it on any other Asians though.
Edited by pearlblue647, Nov 22 2011, 05:58 PM.

MichiganLady
Member Avatar
welcome, pearlblue647!! :)
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

zeta
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
I wonder what it's supposed to mean. I don't care for old wives tales but for an actual biological reason.
This is Dinarid. If they don't look like this, then they ain't Dinarid.
Posted Image

Breogan2
Member Avatar
Olivish Pig
My grandfather had a cleft chin, and my daughter and have cleft chins.
"Rich Gallaecia sent its youths, wise in the knowledge of divination by the entrails of beasts, by feathers and flames, now howling barbarian songs in the tongues of their homelands, now alternately stamping the ground in their rhythmic dances until the ground rang, and accompanying the playing with sonorous shields".....Silius Italicus, Punica

stonesheep
adieu
I think it's just as common in the Middle East (Anatolia and Iran for example) as it is in Europe. It's even found in high numbers among Indians.
Edited by stonesheep, Nov 25 2012, 11:47 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Photographic Supplement · Next Topic »
Add Reply