Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
shape of your feet and race?
Topic Started: Oct 24 2011, 02:21 PM (162,815 Views)
.lin
topos
Nov 20 2011, 01:05 PM
How can one branch of a tree grow longer than another?

Did you also not know that faces are usually somewhat asymmetrical?

So the second toe on my left foot grew extra long. Big deal.
No big deal but I was just curious if injuries would more often make feet that would have otherwise be Egyptian become Roman or the opposite - basically, which direction it usually goes, or if it really depends on an injury.

Yes, I knew that faces are usually asymmetrical. I am also aware of the fact that people generally aren't born that way but become like that due to traumas, however minor they may be.
Edited by .lin, Nov 20 2011, 04:37 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jizo
Member Avatar
Slav
Egyptian :)

Praetorian
blackdahlia
Nov 18 2011, 10:52 PM
I have the Roman with big toe being longer than the toe next to it and I am Sicilian. I also have small feet I wear size 2-3 depending on the shoe.
That sounds more like an Egyptian foot.

faintsmile1992
Pro Member
Foot shape is influenced by the use of the foot, just think of the difference between the feet of the older and younger Japanese through wearing geta on their feet.

And according to Gregory L. Forth in his Images of the wildman in Southeast Asia: an anthropological perspective, the feet of tribal natives who are used to walking barefoot are so different from ours and those of their urban neighbours that people mistake their footprints for those of unknown primates.

SmellyCat
Member Avatar
Darkh Vedda
Mine are Chinese, perfect for binding :rolleyes: :P

Willowraven
Member Avatar
I have Egyptian feet, go figure.
Holy places are dark places. It is life and strength, not knowledge and words,
that we get in them. Holy wisdom is not clear and thin like water, but thick and
dark like blood.

The Ice King
Advanced Member
Roman, lol. Are there more specific ones than this?

Andy
Member Avatar
Greek.

FaerieQueene
Member Avatar
Pro Member
I put Greek; mine looks most similar to that. I have high arches like my mother, and my father has flat feet.
"First the Saturday people, then the Sunday people." -----Islamic-Arabic phrase exemplifying their racism towards Jews and Christians.

Trog
Jul 7 2014, 08:42 PM
This is an organised attack, she's been lead on by others. Starting with "Carlos" and his other fag hag, FQ.

kenji.aryan
Member Avatar
mine is roman but middle finger not exactly of the same height as thumb...lil longer than thumb like greek
Edited by kenji.aryan, Nov 8 2012, 01:40 PM.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

Greek

Oddtoe
What about a long third toe? I can't find anything about this, yet this is what I have. Otherwise, my feet are narrow with a high arch. When young, I was teased a lot about my feet, since they were different. My sons have the long second toes, but one has flat feet. I don't know from whom I inherited this long third toe. My ancestry is mainly Swedish. My paternal grandparents both immigrated from Sweden in the early 1900s and met in Canada, where I was born. On the other side, it is mostly German, but probably some Mediterranean. My mother was very dark with straight black hair and green eyes.

I also had an eyelid defect, a lack of attachment of the muscle to the browbone, and I was losing my peripheral vision around 50, so needed surgery. My eyelids looked Oriental. The doctor who operated told me that many Swedish people had Chinese ancestry since early Swedes traveled east to China and often married Chinese wives whom they brought back. My dad had very Oriental eyelids, but never the defect I had and died at 90 with intact eyelids. He, my older son and I all had white blonde hair when very young, which looked odd with my dad's dark brown Oriental eyes. My son's and my blue eyes look unusual for the Oriental shape. Mine look less so since the surgery.

I have since read about the pre-Vikings which confirmed this doctor's info. The Swedes who went to Russia were called the "Rus" for this red hair, and were more diplomatic than the Norwegians (see below). They were asked to govern Kiev, and the country was named for them: Russia. I also read recently that 70 percent of the Irish have Norwegian DNA. That branch of the Scandinavians went west, and passed their red hair onto the Irish, who did not have red hair before that.

I was drawn to this site by the foot-shape discussion and wonder if anyone can shed light on my strange third toes. The left is a bit longer, and so is the left foot. I was born left-handed and used my left hand for most things until I was made to switch by my teacher and mother around age 7. I am left-footed, left-eared and left-eyed. I test right-brain dominant on every learning style test I've taken, which were many since I worked at a college where we tried out tests prior to choosing which to use for students.

Sorry for the length. Though I came here for the foot thing, I also saw some other topics mentioned, and wanted to comment on those too. Hope that's OK.

Thanks for any feedback! :)
Edited by Oddtoe, Apr 10 2013, 10:31 PM.

SmellyCat
Member Avatar
Darkh Vedda
Roman and Egyptian.

Trog
Sui generis
Greek with high arches. But I think Robert posted a study before that noted high arches being common in Celtic populations. High arches are an abnormality and even considered a deformity. They can cause problems with gait and pain.
FaerieQueen

Trog is a wretched woman with a bitchy attitude who should have been banned long ago.

martin
Member Avatar
to me the foot is hyper Greek
haplotype : BASQUE
Y DNA : R-L11*
MtDNA :T1a1

Azamat
Advanced Member
I seem to have a mild case of flat feet.

Not sure whether it is an aberration or a common characteristic for either of the populations I descend from.
Edited by Azamat, Apr 10 2013, 11:11 PM.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Oddtoe
I have new info that says my feet are more like Roman, but actually are closer to Celtic. I forgot to say that my second toes are almost as long as the third ones, thus the major toes are sort of straight across. But my feet are not the same, since on the left (longer dominant foot), the third toe is the longest.

Some styles and brands of shoes just do not work for me, partly because of the narrowness, which is not a good combo with the straight-across toes. And then there are the high arches. I don't know if Celtic feet have these. I just read about English feet, which are different than Celtic. So now I'm puzzled as to why Clark's shoes, made in England, work for me. They are the only clogs that don't fall right off my feet.

This is an interesting way of tracing ancestry, since what you see is what you get. ;)

Now I wonder how the Celts got into my ancestry. Thanks for the feeback!

LocalFool
Greek and Egyptian

Numidian
Member Avatar
Kabyles Rule.
Greek and Roman.

Robert
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Trog
Apr 10 2013, 10:51 PM
Greek with high arches. But I think Robert posted a study before that noted high arches being common in Celtic populations. High arches are an abnormality and even considered a deformity. They can cause problems with gait and pain.
Do you have curled toes as well? I think it's def a Scottish thing.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ErmfiV6nM[/youtube]

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Physical Anthropology · Next Topic »
Add Reply