Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Deep set eyes / prominent eyebrow ridges.
Topic Started: Oct 8 2011, 05:40 PM (38,603 Views)
Robert
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Posted Image

Bukowski is a good example. Most of the Europeans posted on here have some gigantism so their features are more extreme by default.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ErmfiV6nM[/youtube]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mjora
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Avbdill
Oct 8 2011, 05:40 PM
My father and i have both this feature called deep set eyes / prominent eyebrow ridges. But i wonder in which sub-race or caucasoid populations this type of feature is most commonly? Nobody else in my Spanish, Dutch or Turkish family have this feature.
Deep set eyes=Cromagnid IMO
Edited by Mjora, Nov 20 2011, 05:18 PM.
Posted Image

bhayanakmaut
I have prominent brow ridges..not sure if i have deep set eyes or it usually goes in pair with brow ridges

what_does_it_mean
I think people mistake deep set eyes with prominent eyebrows. while frequently both are present at the same time, it isn't necessary to have prominent brow ridge to have deep set eyes as is the case for most Caucasoid women.

Robert
Member Avatar
Pro Member
I think it's hard to notice deep set eyes in general because they're so particular (and universal) to European beauty/aesthetic stardards, that people just don't notice it.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48ErmfiV6nM[/youtube]

jeffa65

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MichiganLady
Member Avatar
that's me, deep-set eyes, prominent brow ridges, even more so as I grow old *sigh*
Posted Image
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Greengrasshopper
Berserk
Oct 9 2011, 02:33 AM
Javen
Oct 8 2011, 06:38 PM
Nam
Oct 8 2011, 06:31 PM
The negroids also have them.
Forensic anthropologist Caroline Wilkenson wrote in 2004 that Australoids have the largest brow ridges "with moderate to large supraorbital arches".[12] Caucasoids have the second largest brow ridges with "moderate supraorbital ridges".[12] Negroids have the third largest brow ridges with an "undulating supraorbital ridge".[12] Mongoloids are "absent browridges", so they have the smallest brow ridges.[12]

go back to school please...
Yes. Negroid skulls don't tend to have protruding brow ridges, which is why black peoples eyes seem like they bulge out, whereas European people tend to have eyes that are more deep set:

A negroid skull. Notice how smooth the forehead is? There's no protruding brow ridge:

I noticed Whites have the extended brow ridge more often than others as well. And I asked about it on another forum once. I always thought it was a leftover from Neanderthals and that whites mainly were their descendants. I noticed relatively few blacks have the heavy brow. It reminds me of Frankenstein anyway.

Hidden1770
Greengrasshopper
Dec 17 2011, 02:40 AM
Berserk
Oct 9 2011, 02:33 AM
Javen
Oct 8 2011, 06:38 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep[12] Caucasoids have the second largest brow ridges with "moderate supraorbital ridges".[12] Negroids have the third largest brow ridges with an "undulating supraorbital ridge".[12] Mongoloids are "absent browridges", so they have the smallest brow ridges.[12]

go back to school please...
Yes. Negroid skulls don't tend to have protruding brow ridges, which is why black peoples eyes seem like they bulge out, whereas European people tend to have eyes that are more deep set:

A negroid skull. Notice how smooth the forehead is? There's no protruding brow ridge:

I noticed Whites have the extended brow ridge more often than others as well. And I asked about it on another forum once. I always thought it was a leftover from Neanderthals and that whites mainly were their descendants. I noticed relatively few blacks have the heavy brow. It reminds me of Frankenstein anyway.

Aboriginal australians have significantly more protrusive brows than whites.

This kind of brow is nothing unusual in south Australian aboriginals in particular:

Posted Image

On another note, it's strange to see people attributing heavy brows to native Americans. Northern natives at least tend towards relatively flat brow areas, especially plains Indians.
Edited by Hidden1770, Dec 21 2011, 02:51 PM.

The Ice King
Advanced Member
Mine would be normal set(maybe a little deep). I've never met anyone with deep sets. Where is it commonly found?
Er, but my thick eyebrows make it seem prominent.
Edited by The Ice King, Dec 21 2011, 02:59 PM.

Djincs
Member Avatar
Bulgarian
I think it is a little bit too harsh to claim these brows are from neanderthal directly.
Look at this, it is from southern Ethiopia and its age is around 37 k years, and it still has brows that have nothing to do with neandertal.

Posted Image

Here what it says :

"The skull's features were found, however, to have a very close affinity with the Cro-magnon people, who lived in Eurasia in the Upper Paleolithic period when the skull's owner lived.The skull demonstrates that humans in Africa 36,000 years ago resembled those in Eurasia. "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hofmeyr_Skull

People want authenticity — to live in a way that’s in
tune with the truth of who they are as human beings and the world
they live in.

BenjoJames
My Father has it prominently and he's proto-Europid. My mother's family is very Nordic; the males have it but not so pronounced. Aboriginals have the most defined brow ridges, followed by Caucasoids, followed by Negroids, then lastly Mongoloids.

rhiannon
Member Avatar
Those Europids belonging with the CroMagnoid classifications tend to favor deep-set eyes, I've noticed. A very good example is this guy:
Posted Image

AnthroCurious
Zeta

She has browbridges. It's just that her forehead is very round or bulbous but you can see her eyes are under her browbridges.
I might be reading the anthro literature wrong, but I'm fairly certain a brow ridge is an actual ridge which juts out from the forehead, not just the condition of actually the orbits being underneath the forehead/frontal bone.

Since the last time I posted, I actually did some reading on browridges.

Apparently the theory is the they arise because of a mechanical need to bridge a deep (anterior-posterior) orbit to the frontal bone which is more set back. So it isn't surprising that they go with deep set eyes, which are the same thing as deep orbits. But if a group or person has a frontal bone and cranial base that's long from front to back (anterior-posterior) relative to the size of the orbit and they shrink the area posterior to the orbit down (i.e. cheekbones and jaw), that would probably be why deep set eyes don't always go together with browridges.

Avbdill
Member Avatar
I have tried to find a picture in a good angle showing my deep set eyes. I will make better pictures later some time. I get comments on it sometimes by family members or friends in real life. Comments like "your eyes are deep-set", "you have the same eye-region as your father" , etc.

Posted Image
Edited by Avbdill, Jan 19 2012, 11:15 PM.

New Englander
Member Avatar
I have a strong brow ridge but I don't think my eyes are deep set.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 35988_1414010883725_1636154632_962963_6579252_n.jpg (102.34 KB)

TheOravake
Southern europeans and mediterranean tend to have long bushy thick eyebrows it's a mediterranean thing while norther europeans tend to have thin eyebrows berids are stereotyped like because of their eyebrows lol

Posted Image
Posted Image

Neon Knight
Member Avatar
Swedish tennis legend Bjorn Borg springs to mind:

Posted Image

Posted Image

(He's aging well.)
Edited by Neon Knight, Aug 19 2013, 04:59 AM.

hypercube
Member Avatar
East Baltids Forever!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by hypercube, Aug 19 2013, 06:11 AM.
Posted Image

ItsePerkele
Member Avatar
Kato ylös.
Well,take a look:

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Physical Anthropology · Next Topic »
Add Reply