Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Locked Topic
Kurdish people are arabs?
Topic Started: Jul 26 2011, 02:25 PM (18,466 Views)
Transhumanist
Helius
Jul 28 2011, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the information bro but I'm surprised about one thing. Mesopotamians are usually dolicephalic? I thought most were brachycephalic. What is referred to as "Mesopotamian" in this?
By Mesopotamian I am referring to Arabized/Islamified N Iraqis. Many Iraqis, particularly in the south and central parts, are mostly recent (read: < 1000 year) migrants from Arabia.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Coolio
Banned
Transhumanist
Jul 28 2011, 01:50 AM
No, Kurds are not Arabs. Unless you wish to define a people by perhaps some minority admixture. "Pure" Arabs are best represented by today's Yemeni Jews and Saudis. Genetically, Kurds do not compare well to either, I do not believe. Some (but not all) Syrian and Lebanese Arabs are not genetically more similar to Arabians. Particularly those in the mountainous regions of the Levant, and those of minority religious sects (eg Alawites).

Predominant CI in the greater ME (not an exhaustive list)

Brachycephalic: Armenians, Assyrians, Alawites, Druze, Maronites, some Mizrahim

Mesocephalic: NW Iranians, Kurds, Mandaeans, some Mizrahim

Dolichocephalic: Arabians, some admixed Levantines, and admixed Mesopotamians

Principal ancestry of Armenians, Assyrians, Kurds, and NW Iranians, in my opinion, best represented by the area contained within the circle, on the map below:
Thank you man.

And "Helium" take this as a STFU.
Edited by Coolio, Jul 28 2011, 02:05 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Infinite_Ammo
Member Avatar
Student of Knowledge
Transhumanist
Jul 28 2011, 02:00 AM
Helius
Thanks for the information bro but I'm surprised about one thing. Mesopotamians are usually dolicephalic? I thought most were brachycephalic. What is referred to as "Mesopotamian" in this?
By Mesopotamian I am referring to Arabized/Islamified N Iraqis. Many Iraqis, particularly in the south and central parts, are mostly recent (read: < 1000 year) migrants from Arabia.
Ah I see. Thanks man.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mjora
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Coolio
Jul 28 2011, 01:56 AM
Mjora
Jul 28 2011, 01:47 AM
Coolio
Jul 28 2011, 01:39 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
It's orginaly Persian yes,but this word used to refer to islamic states or places under Islamic rule. Ottomans never used this suffix for any other christian region
Ottomans maybe but I am talking about the Word. The Term stan was used also by Persians for NON Islamic and countries before. The Ottomans simply adopted this name.

Greece for example. The word Yunan and Yunanistan are borrowed from Persians. The non Muslim Sassanids, achamenids called Greece, Yunanistan.
Yes Ottomans borrowed this word from Persian but since Islam was spread by Turks in this region this word gained a different meaning.It only refers to Islamic states(and the regions under Islamic rule) now.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Infinite_Ammo
Member Avatar
Student of Knowledge
Coolio
Transhumanist
Jul 28 2011, 01:50 AM
No, Kurds are not Arabs. Unless you wish to define a people by perhaps some minority admixture. "Pure" Arabs are best represented by today's Yemeni Jews and Saudis. Genetically, Kurds do not compare well to either, I do not believe. Some (but not all) Syrian and Lebanese Arabs are not genetically more similar to Arabians. Particularly those in the mountainous regions of the Levant, and those of minority religious sects (eg Alawites).

Predominant CI in the greater ME (not an exhaustive list)

Brachycephalic: Armenians, Assyrians, Alawites, Druze, Maronites, some Mizrahim

Mesocephalic: NW Iranians, Kurds, Mandaeans, some Mizrahim

Dolichocephalic: Arabians, some admixed Levantines, and admixed Mesopotamians

Principal ancestry of Armenians, Assyrians, Kurds, and NW Iranians, in my opinion, best represented by the area contained within the circle, on the map below:
Thank you man.

And "Helium" take this as a STFU.
What did you say, dog? Why would I be offended by what he said? He said exactly what I said, that Kurds were brachycephalic like Armenians, Afghans, Iranians and North Mesopotamians. Go read my original post.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mjora
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Coolio

He simply tried to show how dependent we are by Arabs, just because he thought stan has a Muslim etymology because most known stan countries are today Muslim.
I wonder why Iranians don't call their country .....istan ?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Coolio
Banned
kid you are drunk, go sleep.
Edited by Coolio, Jul 28 2011, 02:08 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Transhumanist
Helius
Jul 28 2011, 02:02 AM
Transhumanist
Helius
Ah I see. Thanks man.
No problem.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Infinite_Ammo
Member Avatar
Student of Knowledge
Coolio
Jul 28 2011, 02:05 AM
kid your drunken go sleep.
One last question, why are you evading a ban PKK terrorist?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Coolio
Banned
Mjora
Coolio

He simply tried to show how dependent we are by Arabs, just because he thought stan has a Muslim etymology because most known stan countries are today Muslim.
Thats because of the racist movement which appeared at world war. The German Nazis told them, it would be better to call their country Iran "land of the Aryans".
Helius
Jul 28 2011, 02:08 AM
Coolio
kid your drunken go sleep.
One last question, why are you evading a ban PKK terrorist?
go drink your milk.
Edited by Coolio, Jul 28 2011, 02:11 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mjora
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
Coolio
Jul 28 2011, 02:10 AM
Mjora
Coolio

Thats because of the racist movement which appeared at world war. The German Nazis told them, it would be better to call their country Iran "land of the Aryans".
I know that story.But Iranians weren't calling their country ......istan before that either.Am I wrong ?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Coolio
Banned
Mjora
Jul 28 2011, 02:13 AM
Coolio
Mjora

I know that story.But Iranians weren't calling their country ......istan before that either.Am I wrong ?
Seriously, I dont know why.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DeepSpace9
Member Avatar
Mjora
Coolio
Mjora

Iranians always referred to Iran as "Iran" since the Sassanids times. Befoer that it was Aryana/Aryanam.

Quote:

The name Persia was the official name of Iran in the Western world before 1935, but the Iranian people inside their country since the time of Zoroaster (probably circa 1000 BC), or even before, have called their country "Aryānām" (the equivalent of "Iran" in the proto-Iranian language) or its equivalents. It is not exactly clear what the Iranian people[7] called their country during the Median (728 BC-559 BC), Achaemenid (550 BC–330 BC) or Parthian (250 BC– 226 CE) empires, but evidently from the time of the Sassanids (226–651 CE) they have called it Iran,
Best song of 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZhQOvvV45w
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mjora
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
StarDS9
Jul 28 2011, 02:29 AM
Mjora
Iranians always referred to Iran as "Iran" since the Sassanids times. Befoer that it was Aryana/Aryanam.

Quote:

The name Persia was the official name of Iran in the Western world before 1935, but the Iranian people inside their country since the time of Zoroaster (probably circa 1000 BC), or even before, have called their country "Aryānām" (the equivalent of "Iran" in the proto-Iranian language) or its equivalents. It is not exactly clear what the Iranian people[7] called their country during the Median (728 BC-559 BC), Achaemenid (550 BC–330 BC) or Parthian (250 BC– 226 CE) empires, but evidently from the time of the Sassanids (226–651 CE) they have called it Iran,
They called their country ''Aryanam'' but they called themselves Pers/Fars ?
Edited by Mjora, Jul 28 2011, 02:54 AM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

DeepSpace9
Member Avatar
Mjora
Jul 28 2011, 02:39 AM
StarDS9
Jul 28 2011, 02:29 AM
Mjora

Quote:

They called their country ''Aryanam'' but they called themselves Persians ?
Only Persians were called Persian. The early Iranian dynastys were a union of Iranian tribes like the Medes and even the Achaemenids were a union of Medes and Persians it was not just Persians, Persians just liked been in charge they were mainly the ruling family at times.

Also for example here

Achaemenids reliefs at Persepolis, always show Persians and Medes been close and holding hands.

Posted Image

Their are also pictures of Medes and Scythians been close as they were holding hands as well. (Maybe the 2 were in love :O )

Posted Image

Edited by DeepSpace9, Jul 28 2011, 03:50 AM.
Best song of 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZhQOvvV45w
Offline Profile Goto Top

humanbeing101
Majokiuy
Jul 28 2011, 01:18 AM
humanbeing101
Jul 28 2011, 12:35 AM
It's funny how these white people claim that all middle easterners are dark but let me tell you guys something. If you put a black african or a dravidian indian or a dark saudi arabian out of the sun for long time, they still don't become white. But me as Iranian kurdish if I go on the sun I get tan but when I stay out of the sun I get really pale and white. So what does that tell you??? It means not all middle easterners are dark.
Your post has nothing to do with this thread, but then again most of these posts don't pertain to whatever this thread was once about lol.

No one said all ME are dark, but being lighter than Indians or Black Africans, which every other race on this earth is lighter than doesn'ta mean you're white. White is a social designation. And the skin tone of Europeans is the lightest, I already posted a video about it. Primarily Northern Europeans, as you know, are the lightest in complexion.

Your skin tone and features do not match the Western idea of white. But your post does reveal your latent hatred of 'darkies', as you have used them for comparison to your 'superior' lighter skin tone.

Some East Asians like the Japanese are fair in complexion, so are they white also?
Well I'm not trying to tell you that I am European or anything as I am proud of my kurdish background. However, I am naturally light skinned and have Caucasian features so that makes me white Caucasian. But those white Japanese asians you mentioned to me have mongoloid features like nose, eyes, lips etc are different than us Caucasians.
So tell me this, If a Kurdish who is Caucasian have light features including light eyes and hair then it makes the Kurdish not white Caucasian compared to Europeans?? And I cant speak for all kurdish because some are darker and some are white but I can speak that for myself as I am white and most people in my family have light hair and eyes.
And also I don't hate dark people and I have brown/ black friends but my point is that I don't like people to stereotype all middle easterners as black or brown as there are also white especially mostly in kurds and turks.
Edited by humanbeing101, Jul 28 2011, 05:56 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

humanbeing101
PS where I was born it snows in the winter, just incase to let you guys know that kermanshah is not a desert like climate like gulf countries or iraq or southern iran like bandar abas or yazd.
Edited by humanbeing101, Jul 28 2011, 06:09 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angrals
Member Avatar
The Children of Māda
Iranian hate Kurds? You do realise Kurds are Iranian. If you mean Persian, Persians freaking love us. I don't know what Persians you talk to. But most Persians agree that PJAK's fight against the IRI helps both Kurds and Persians.

You know what Persians call the arabs? "Gher or Xer" you means shit. I know this because my uncle has married to a Persian women.

No arabs didn't sufer as much as faylee Kurds, we felt Saddam's wrath at the very start, especially the faylees in baghdad. Northern iraq is our land and has always been, if you can't handle that then god help you, because I can't.

If you want to take Iraqi Kurdistan, your going to have to take it by force. Guess what? YOU CAN'T,lol.

The great Median empire:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmH1B2-lWWY&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzTI4VD4qVM[/youtube]
Edited by Angrals, Jul 28 2011, 10:56 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Eurogenes K13:
North European 7.25%
Mediterranean 15.96%
South Asian 6.79%
Southwest Asian 9.82%
Caucasus 29.97%
West Central Asian 28.20%
Offline Profile Goto Top

humanbeing101
Angrals
Jul 28 2011, 10:52 AM
Iranian hate Kurds? You do realise Kurds are Iranian. If you mean Persian, Persians freaking love us. I don't know what Persians you talk to. But most Persians agree that PJAK's fight against the IRI helps both Kurds and Persians.

You know what Persians call the arabs? "Gher or Xer" you means shit. I know this because my uncle has married to a Persian women.

No arabs didn't sufer as much as faylee Kurds, we felt Saddam's wrath at the very start, especially the faylees in baghdad. Northern iraq is our land and has always been, if you can't handle that then god help you, because I can't.

If you want to take Iraqi Kurdistan, your going to have to take it by force. Guess what? YOU CAN'T,lol.

The great Median empire:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmH1B2-lWWY&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]
I remember in iran they used to call arabs "arab mushkhor" lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angrals
Member Avatar
The Children of Māda
Mjora
Coolio

Because Iran or Eran has been our ancient name for a very long time. Even during the sassanid era they called it 'EranSahr'.
Its funny how you call us terrorists when we fight back. When we do nothing you eat us like dogs. PKK isn't a terrorist organisation just because you say it is. Most Kurds see them as a freedom fighting organsiation, and if that makes us terrorists. Then I am dam proud of it.
humanbeing101
Jul 28 2011, 10:55 AM
Angrals
Jul 28 2011, 10:52 AM

The great Median empire:
I remember in iran they used to call arabs "arab mushkhor" lol
Yeh lol, and arabs think their going to try and cause divisions amongst persians and kurds, which has been built up for thousands of years.
Edited by Angrals, Jul 28 2011, 11:00 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Eurogenes K13:
North European 7.25%
Mediterranean 15.96%
South Asian 6.79%
Southwest Asian 9.82%
Caucasus 29.97%
West Central Asian 28.20%
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Population Genetics · Next Topic »
Locked Topic