Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Temperament Test-Sanguine, Choleric, Melancholy, Phlegmatic
Topic Started: Feb 5 2011, 05:30 PM (23,795 Views)
midnight09
Member Avatar
I found this test online...
My results are Sanguine:5, Choleric:1, Melancholy:15, Phlegmatic 19

http://www.neoxenos.org/temperaments/temperament_test.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Crimson Guard
Member Avatar
Pro Member
I got :

Strength Answers:
Sanguine: 2 Choleric: 6 Melancholy: 7 Phlegmatic: 5

Weakness Answers:
Sanguine: 1 Choleric: 10 Melancholy: 6 Phlegmatic: 3
Posted Image

midnight09
Member Avatar
I see, i posted all together, but:
Strength Answers: Sanguine 3 Choleric 1 Melancholy 5 Phlegmatic 11
Weak: Sanguine 2 Choleric 0 Melancholy 10 Phlegmatic 8

topos
Member Avatar
Pro Member
You really have to answer a lot of tough questions there. Anyway, I took the time.

Strength Answers:

Sanguine: 3 Choleric: 4 Melancholy: 11 Phlegmatic: 2

Weakness Answers:

Sanguine: 1 Choleric: 8 Melancholy: 7 Phlegmatic: 4

Larry
Member Avatar
I already knew that I'm melancholic, the results show it clearly:

Strength Answers:
Sanguine: 0
Choleric: 4
Melancholy: 13
Phlegmatic: 3

Weakness Answers:
Choleric: 3
Phlegmatic: 4

Totals:

Besides being totally in the 'Melancholic' group, I notice two interesting things: I have almost the same points in Strengths and Weaknesses; and I have 0 points at Sanguine :biggrin:

midnight09
Member Avatar
Larry
Feb 5 2011, 09:42 PM
I already knew that I'm melancholic, the results show it clearly:

Strength Answers:
Choleric: 4
Phlegmatic: 3

Weakness Answers:

Totals:

Besides being totally in the 'Melancholic' group, I notice two interesting things: I have almost the same points in Strengths and Weaknesses; and I have 0 points at Sanguine :biggrin:
Interesting. Melancholy temperament is so dominant in you. Most of people usually have combination of 2. I'm something like Phlegmatic with Melancholy phases. I have only 1 in Choleric, that's funny :D

Here is some analyse of temperament blends, watch first and second types with most scores.

http://fourtemperaments.com/15patterns.htm

topos
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Hmm, yes, it seems that Crimson and I are both of the sort to be rather considerate, when making plans, but exploding, when they aren't carried out aptly...

This is of course a family illness... my father and grand father were just like that as well. Not exactly easy on women either. Now... if I had to guess Hitler's blend... ahem.

But then again... what else is a man supposed to be?

midnight09
Member Avatar
topos
Feb 5 2011, 10:38 PM
Hmm, yes, it seems that Crimson and I are both of the sort to be rather considerate, when making plans, but exploding, when they aren't carried out aptly...

This is of course a family illness... my father and grand father were just like that as well. Not exactly easy on women either. Now... if I had to guess Hitler's blend... ahem.

But then again... what else is a man supposed to be?
Crimson has more dominant choleric, and you have melancholy over choleric :)

Here is dominant choleric.
The Strategist is more detail oriented than the other Cholerics. They initiate change. They usually operate from a well-thought through plan. They have creative ideas. They will often use very direct, forceful and persistent methods to get results or promote their ideas. They want to be in charge because of confidence in their ability to make things happen the "right" way. They like to solve problems and make decisions┬żand are actually quite able to do so. They usually have well thought-out goals and are very independent in an attempt to carry them out. They need to know exactly what is expected before they can function efficiently. They can be very forceful and very sensitive. They speak with authority and are usually very productive. When working on a project they exhibit sensitivity and strategy that reveals penetrating insight. To be highly motivated they need freedom, the opportunity for advancement, information that will help them get results and the chance to make something better. They dislike weakness.

And here melancholy
The Trainer is more forceful than the other Melancholies. They are systematic, precise thinkers and follow procedures in both their business and personal life. They are attentive to detail and push to have things done correctly, according to their own predetermined standards. They are sensitive and conscientious. They normally behave in a diplomatic manner except when it comes to deviating from standards they have accepted. They can then be very forceful in insisting the right way be followed. They are not socially active, preferring work and privacy to people. They tend to have difficulty in relationships because they are not flexible and they can be abrasive when communicating with others. They make decisions slowly because of collecting and analyzing information until they are sure of the best course of action. To be highly motivated they need a structured environment with clear rules and procedures, time to organize, collect information, think and the freedom to develop a plan.

topos
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Yesss... I think, the key word in both cases is forceful... Would this now be more trainer or strategist?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmkUlXp5sk[/youtube]

midnight09
Member Avatar
topos
Feb 6 2011, 12:28 AM
Yesss... I think, the key word in both cases is forceful... Would this now be more trainer or strategist?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bmkUlXp5sk[/youtube]
A little of both :D

Hm, my temperament is not so interesting like yours ;)

The Helper is more consistent than the other Phlegmatics. They are very routine, accommodating and passive. Patience, control and deliberateness characterize the usual behavior of this amiable and easy going individual. This determined and persistent individual brings a deceptively intense approach to the task. Being low-key, their involvement in a task is not easily observed. They are calm, steady and persevering. They are successful because of persistence. After starting a project they will usually see it through to completion. They are independent, questioning and thorough in their approach and will follow through. They want to operate by themselves and set their own pace. They are very possessive of family, material things and friends. Once their mind is made up they will resist any other method of approach. They prefer work of a technical nature and involvement with a limited number of people. They approach a task with calculated moderation. They are always willing to help those they consider to be their friend

topos
Member Avatar
Pro Member
The last "Untergang" like meltdown I had as the plumber, who was supposed to connect the hydrophore with the toilet and basin did put the pipes in the corner of the cellar, although I had a previous discussion with him about that the corner of the cellar gets too cold in winter and the pipes would freeze if put there and that he should put them instead inside the floor, which is insulated.

But fine. You discuss this. You ask the guy whether he knows how to put the pipes inside the floor, because it's a little tricky. He says "Yes. No problem." You care about other stuff. You come back and the pipes are NOT inside the floor, but in the corner of the cellar. So... now how do civilized people go on about this?

"Oh hello, Mr. Plumber. I see you put the pipes in the corner of the cellar. You certainly had good reasons for that. But... there are ventilation holes in the cellar wall, do you remember? I think we had a little discussion about the winter wind blowing in, cooling the pipes, freezing the water, destroying the pipes, setting the cellar under water later? Ah, you do remember. It would be even cooler in the insulated area? Really? Cold bridges and such? You really think that a log insulates worse than a concrete wall with holes in it? Oh, I see, it would have been after all not so easy to lead the pipes through the floor. Perhaps, if you would have thought a little bit about how to? Let me give you the general idea... you have to control the bending of the pipes, so that they reach the designated destination 3 meters away. Wow, yes, you're right, we can do this by stuffing the pipes through wider, inflexible pipes that guide them to the hole in the ground, where they are supposed to surface. Nevermind that you didn't think about that before and put the pipes in a place where they would have certainly burst."

Of course it went something like:

"You fucking idiot! What's the point of putting the pipes there? I didn't ask for a swimming pool in my cellar! We did talk about this, precisely about THIS! And you still put them there?!?!? Oh yes big man! When you have a problem leading the pipes the floor you call me and we figure it out! It is possible, only needs a little ingenuity... What? The cellar is warmer than the air below the floor boards?!?!? WHAT?!?!? So, the freezing point is on the surface of the wall... because 4cm thick boards insulate better than a 13.7cm log? Because an uninsulated strip 10cm wide conducts more heat than the floor over several square meters?!?!? A strip of thick log as opposed to an area of thin boards? No. Fucking no. That's imbecilic! Stop the excuses already! If you think that it's so fucking warm near the ground in an unsealed space you can spend the rest of the winter underneath a fir tree."

.lin
Yet another Strategist :D
Actually, for me the results were a bit of a surprise. If I had taken this test some 8 years ago, I'm sure I would have scored >30 choleric. People change though. I just thought I had changed more than this test indicates

Strength Answers:
Sanguine: 2 Choleric:10 Melancholy 6 :Phlegmatic: 2
Weakness Answers:
Sanguine: 3 Choleric: 7 Melancholy: 7 Phlegmatic: 3
Totals:
Sanguine: 5 Choleric: 17 Melancholy: 13 Phlegmatic: 5

It's curious that appreciation of music is prescribed to melancholics. I think it is rather something that goes regardless of temperament
Edited by .lin, Feb 6 2011, 05:46 PM.

midnight09
Member Avatar
I noticed that lot of people here have melancholy for first or second temperament :)

.lin
I've stumbled upon this:
Posted Image
I doubt if it is really ok to try to discern temperaments of Myers-Briggs Types. At least in my case those to do not correspond according to this table. So I'm wondering, is it just me or is this table just a piece of crap. Would you say that temperament and personality type correlates in your case?

topos
Member Avatar
Pro Member
Well, I'm INTJ and Mel-Chol, so...
Edited by topos, Feb 13 2011, 05:38 PM.

Larry
Member Avatar
Quote:

Would you say that temperament and personality type correlates in your case?

Not totally, but very close. I should be having ISTJ in that table according to my temperament type, and I am actually INTJ/INFJ.

So, I guess, the table makes some sense.

Toma
Member Avatar
Audio, video, disco.
Strength Answers:
Sanguine:0
Choleric:6
Melancholy:11
Phlegmatic:3

Weakness Answers:
Sanguine:1
Choleric:6
Melancholy:11
Phlegmatic:2

Totals:
Sanguine:1
Choleric:12
Melancholy:22
Phlegmatic: 5

~~~

So I have more INTJ results.
Edited by Toma, Feb 14 2011, 06:34 PM.
Feminist, anti-Muslims, pro-choice, atheist.

johnnybravo
Member Avatar
Banned
choleric 21, sanguine 12, melancholic 4, phlegmatic 3. yeah, i took test before, always choleric-sanguine... :redface:

midnight09
Member Avatar
hutsulpunk
Feb 15 2011, 09:51 AM
choleric 21, sanguine 12, melancholic 4, phlegmatic 3. yeah, i took test before, always choleric-sanguine... :redface:
Your results are totally oposite of mine :)

Brassy2
Banned
Quote:

Brassy - One who is showy, flashy, comes on strong.

:nod: :rotflmao: :yes:

from http://www.neoxenos.org/temperaments/temperament_test.htm

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Human Mind · Next Topic »
Add Reply